Author Topic: Ruto: We will convert Mulot into an innovation hub  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Ruto: We will convert Mulot into an innovation hub
« on: January 19, 2023, 04:27:42 PM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/bomet/ruto-we-will-convert-mulot-into-an-innovation-hub-4091622

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Ruto: We will convert Mulot into an innovation hub
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 06:23:12 PM »
Timely for many reasons - almost every kipsigis kid in college and post college is now international scammer - :) - they are all now in bitcoins and all sort of scamming working with nigerias.

So the gov is playing catch up.

They need to convert them to be force of good. I have since meet many college kids living large from scamming...no more m-pesa - but many funny sites where they scam americans. Cash apps - Bitcoin - Mpesa.

Generally - kalenjin kids will do well in tech - as it about good maths skills, patience and then persistence.

And I guess Ruto knows what "mulot boys" under chirchir did to beat Mucheru Chinese and Nigerians hackers.

Offline lelewela

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 08:56:41 PM »
We need one in maralal and wamba, it ought to be rolled out all over either through the TVETs or such avenues, we have so many jobless and useless youth all over waiting only forces recruitment.

https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/bomet/ruto-we-will-convert-mulot-into-an-innovation-hub-4091622

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 09:15:46 PM »
lol..why would mulot boys work ..there is easy free money.. solution get a crack squad and liquidate these boys.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 09:28:16 PM »
Innovation in what?
The area is an earthquake zone and subject to all sorts of movements. Agri will be best. Fist start with transport infrastructure before anything.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 12:49:36 AM »
lol..why would mulot boys work ..there is easy free money.. solution get a crack squad and liquidate these boys.

I've never known Kalenjins to be tech people. Once you get used to easy money, you can't work.  There's this assumption in kenya that the tech firms in the US are easy to build or create, but that's not the case.  These young guys in silicon valley are putting in 80 hours a week and it takes years to make it and they are no guarantees of success.

This is the dumbest idea i've heard from Ruto so far. Does he not realize how dumb and lazy this younger generation of kenyans are?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 12:53:13 AM »

I've never known Kalenjins to be tech people. Once you get used to easy money, you can't work.  There's this assumption in kenya that the tech firms in the US are easy to build or create, but that's not the case.  These young guys in silicon valley are putting in 80 hours a week and it takes years to make it and they are no guarantees of success.

This is the dumbest idea i've heard from Ruto so far. Does he not realize how dumb and lazy this younger generation of kenyans are?

ruto,is trying to talk his way out of being responsible for their crimes. he knows he can't punish them severely because they are his kin

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 03:48:21 AM »
To me he should push for Narok because there is some life there, but Mulot is goats, cows, and water infrastructure is even scarce.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 10:39:56 AM »

On the contrary Kalenjins are leading in tech manenos in Kenya,Kalenjins in colleges and universities study IT as if there is no tomorrow while others Kabilas concentrate on Medicine and management courses.
Kalenjins are far ahead problems is they dont tranform this into start up. I know of a Kalenjin Safaricom engineer here in Isiolo guy super brilliant but absolutely mlevi. You find him in bar even at morning always drinking wasted soul. If kalenjins can really set up businesses as entrepreneurs they will be super good.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 11:22:25 AM »
They need to hire me to head mulot tech centre..we will make it a great success

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 11:29:44 AM »
Thats why when they realize IT as a profession in Kenya wont make you super rich ( mainly due to outsourcing where the owners of the companies make a killing and pay peanuts to IT professional ) they result to being hackers.
The person you describe there is Pundit himself.

On the contrary Kalenjins are leading in tech manenos in Kenya,Kalenjins in colleges and universities study IT as if there is no tomorrow while others Kabilas concentrate on Medicine and management courses.
Kalenjins are far ahead problems is they dont tranform this into start up. I know of a Kalenjin Safaricom engineer here in Isiolo guy super brilliant but absolutely mlevi. You find him in bar even at morning always drinking wasted soul. If kalenjins can really set up businesses as entrepreneurs they will be super good.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 12:11:25 PM »
Yes Noway absolutely whenever I see him Pundit instantly comes in my mind incredible. Am sure even now if I went to one Pub he frequents I will find him there. Guy is very social barmaids love him like crazy he is very generous he buys for everyone in the bar except me simply because am never the one to be social in those settings I keep to myself most think am a snob I like it that way,I dont like interacting with people kiolela.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 12:49:28 PM »
Kenya IT startups this year alone attracted a billion dollars.
Show me another career that can make you rich like your Ndichu boys.
Maybe law in our corrupt kenya

To make money in IT - simple create your own start up - get funded - and dont fcked like your terrible twins.

Thats why when they realize IT as a profession in Kenya wont make you super rich ( mainly due to outsourcing where the owners of the companies make a killing and pay peanuts to IT professional ) they result to being hackers.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 12:52:15 PM »
You see most of us just socialize with computer for long hours - and the bar is where we come to play games. Kalenjin are generally very generous people. We dont have a poverty mentality as most of us have not grown poor like you GEMAns. Our life ambition are generally same - buy large land - buy a pickup - keep few cows - and that is it. We dont desire to own apartments or to live in urban areas or worse to have many small business all over the map. If you parents have large land - and you'll get  share of 10 acres - then generally - you're set. All you need to do is to build a house, marry and buy cows :). Kalenjin are very conservative - we think our parents lifestyles is as good - and we dont have to change much. Pesa ingine kula.

"A poverty mentality is one that influences behaviors consistent with beliefs that money shouldn't be spent, opportunities are limited, any risk at all is dangerous, any success is temporary and non-replicable, and generally remaining in the back of the pack is safest."

Yes Noway absolutely whenever I see him Pundit instantly comes in my mind incredible. Am sure even now if I went to one Pub he frequents I will find him there. Guy is very social barmaids love him like crazy he is very generous he buys for everyone in the bar except me simply because am never the one to be social in those settings I keep to myself most think am a snob I like it that way,I dont like interacting with people kiolela.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2023, 02:15:28 PM »

Well the reality is The startups are developed by IT savy guys from outside the country. Usually outsourced . Most of the startup owners are not from the IT field but from financial field.
How many startups do you have ?
Arent you the one who was saying Ndichu boys are broke for Mugors nieces and the saga ended up how I was saying it is supposed to be handled. It was all about money and compensation .

Show me another career that can make you rich like your Ndichu boys.
Maybe law in our corrupt kenya

To make money in IT - simple create your own start up - get funded - and dont fcked like your terrible twins.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 02:28:53 PM »
Show me another career that can make you rich like your Ndichu boys

A billion dollars? really? wacha jokes wewe.  Stick to analyzing election results for us in places like emurua dikir

And who said the Ndichu boys are rich?

There's no proof of anything in kenya so don't know where you are getting your figures from.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 02:42:29 PM »
Most startups as co-founded by tech - kenyan- and domain knowledge (mzungu with finance or whatever background).
You need tech guy to build systems - the finance guy to handle the business end of things.
I don't have the energy needed to do startups.
I have done it before - it's a lot of hard work, sleeping in the office, and 95% fail.
Now I would only do it because there is an overflowing of venture funding.
Certainly on my to-do list this year or next year.
Well the reality is The startups are developed by IT savy guys from outside the country. Usually outsourced . Most of the startup owners are not from the IT field but from financial field.
How many startups do you have ?
Arent you the one who was saying Ndichu boys are broke for Mugors nieces and the saga ended up how I was saying it is supposed to be handled. It was all about money and compensation .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 02:45:53 PM »
You're very combative because you're selling narrative that kenya is failed state.
Invalid Tweet ID

Show me another career that can make you rich like your Ndichu boys

A billion dollars? really? wacha jokes wewe.  Stick to analyzing election results for us in places like emurua dikir

And who said the Ndichu boys are rich?

There's no proof of anything in kenya so don't know where you are getting your figures from.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 03:08:07 PM »
You see most of us just socialize with computer for long hours - and the bar is where we come to play games. Kalenjin are generally very generous people. We dont have a poverty mentality as most of us have not grown poor like you GEMAns. Our life ambition are generally same - buy large land - buy a pickup - keep few cows - and that is it. We dont desire to own apartments or to live in urban areas or worse to have many small business all over the map. If you parents have large land - and you'll get  share of 10 acres - then generally - you're set. All you need to do is to build a house, marry and buy cows :). Kalenjin are very conservative - we think our parents lifestyles is as good - and we dont have to change much. Pesa ingine kula.

"A poverty mentality is one that influences behaviors consistent with beliefs that money shouldn't be spent, opportunities are limited, any risk at all is dangerous, any success is temporary and non-replicable, and generally remaining in the back of the pack is safest."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0y6Zj98ttpVyVTPZPJPjgqXeekBhEHAFVjaaEimzVcpWtFGqfoomn1yXdxu3u2ccCl&id=1105884899427847&mibextid=Nif5oz

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 03:37:50 PM »
Very good.
I was recently in Nyamira and I was impressed by the houses I saw.
I remember first time I came to Nairobi in the 1990s - when we reach Naviasha - I was expecting to see kikuyu being very rich with nice mansions.
What I saw instead - was a rust belt - almost every house must have been built in 1970s. It was brown roof after brown roof.
But nowadays they are being replaced by apartments.

Kikuyus are kinda like kalenjin - they dont see the need to build nice houses.

I think in terms of nice storey building in rural areas - I was impressed by what I saw in Nyamira to Kisii - I hear most of them are diaspora guys.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0y6Zj98ttpVyVTPZPJPjgqXeekBhEHAFVjaaEimzVcpWtFGqfoomn1yXdxu3u2ccCl&id=1105884899427847&mibextid=Nif5oz