Author Topic: Royal media food poisoning...  (Read 769 times)

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga is a CONMAN.
Royal media food poisoning...
« on: December 27, 2022, 10:56:24 PM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/one-dead-several-hospitalised-in-suspected-food-poisoning-at-royal-media--4067836

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga is a CONMAN.
Re: Royal media food poisoning...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 11:08:33 PM »
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/food-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20356230

Avoid eating meat products outside your house...most meat sold in butcheries is normally from dead or sick animals and also is deep frozen for long periods...I think the caterer in this case had such meat,cooked it,returned it back to the freezer and then there was no power for some few hours of became rotten then lights were back...the meat was frozen again and then later offered to royal media staff.

Some years back...Incase my cow died or got sick I'd go slaughter it at Njiru and sell it to Burma or city market traders at 10k around 3pm before you enjoyed it the following day.

Another thing to avoid is Soup and Mutura...I once ate Mutura and soup and got sick for a whole weak...they don't properly clean those intestines and stomach...some Mutura stock is left at end of business...they just throw all that dirt on the sufurias the following day..a friend told me sometimes even rats jump into those sufurias at night and they get boiled the following day.

If you are eating outside,just enjoy sukuma and ugali otherwise you will suffer food poisoning...Kenyas are very dirty people they don't even wash their hands after going to the toilet

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 11:11:00 PM »
Most microbes dont survive the lowest of heat.
Majority die at 25 degrees - leave 100 degrees boiling like water.
Avoid uncooked food in kenya.
Salads, kachumbari and such....are no go zone for me.

Eat only food that has been cooked - or heated - and you'll be fine.

While abroad eat uncooked food - if you want. While in kenya - and Africa - with all microbes - always cook or heat the food.

While in kenya insist on well cooked things...eat only warm and hot food.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/food-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20356230

Avoid eating meat products outside your house...most meat sold in butcheries is normally from dead or sick animals and also is deep frozen for long periods...I think the caterer in this case had such meat,cooked it,returned it back to the freezer and then there was no power for some few hours of became rotten then lights were back...the meat was frozen again and then later offered to royal media staff.

Some years back...Incase my cow died or got sick I'd go slaughter it at Njiru and sell it to Burma or city market traders at 10k around 3pm before you enjoyed it the following day.

Another thing to avoid is Soup and Mutura...I once ate Mutura and soup and got sick for a whole weak...they don't properly clean those intestines and stomach...some Mutura stock is left at end of business...they just throw all that dirt on the sufurias the following day..a friend told me sometimes even rats jump into those sufurias at night and they get boiled the following day.

If you are eating outside,just enjoy sukuma and ugali otherwise you will suffer food poisoning...Kenyas are very dirty people they don't even wash their hands after going to the toilet

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 11:34:49 PM »
You shouldn't die from food poisoning. Yes, the healthcare system in kenya is bad, but this is suspect

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 08:26:10 AM »
I rarely eat out I love my food home made,Nairobi is the last place I would want to visit a restaurant, during my days staying there I always had stomach problems from food poisoning etc weekly, generally I have a sensitive stomach so I take great care on what I eat. Friends think am snobbish and all that maringo stuff I never care coz they can order food and I dont eat. But our public health officials are the most useless you can get anywhere food and water sanitation Kenya would rank the lowest in the world,we just surviving by grace of God and strong nyeuthi Zinjanthropus genes otherwise if it was a white man living in Kenya he would be playing russian roulette with food. I took my kids recently and bought them chips from Naivas and end results diarrhea. Why are we so poor on hygiene??? government needs take this issue very seriously in Kenya when you eat outside your house you are always playing poker with your stomach.
We really have along way to go in Kenya but without government going hard on public health we have salmonella,ameoba and others with us for a long time. Hopefully at least we can begin by defeating cholera before going for the others