Author Topic: Why can't Kenyans do timely tallying?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Why can't Kenyans do timely tallying?
« on: August 10, 2022, 04:55:28 PM »
Dude! Americans vote in the tens of millions and results are known in hours. Even 2020 only took long because of COVID mail-voting manenos.

Yes, I understand there are some 46,000 forms or thereabout, but that's not too much data, surely? How many polling stations does the US election involve? A bagillion! When you're talking of 150 million plus votes. Even if you hired one person per 2,000 forms, you should have results by now. But no media house does! It's crazy. Why? Baafrika incompetence, per usual.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
Re: Why can't Kenyans do timely tallying?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »
Internet/technology people is the problem in Kenya. Kenyans are very slow. Working and engaging them will make you go nuts. No efficiency and effectiveness!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 05:10:53 PM »
Americans vote for almost 1 month through early voting. Some states vote only through mail in ballot. Also some states have voting machines that can tally votes as soon as you vote. Kenya elections is mainly manual.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 05:22:16 PM »
Kenyans spend their time drinking, fornicating, in cults, or just chasing poverty

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 05:23:43 PM »
Manual election

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 05:27:21 PM »
Internet/technology people is the problem in Kenya. Kenyans are very slow. Working and engaging them will make you go nuts. No efficiency and effectiveness!

What do you think the reason for this is?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 05:28:03 PM »
It is not incompetence but TRUST DEFICIT. Because of the endless breaks in the chain of party agents, IEBC officers, hackers, etc - only physically signed forms can be relied upon... and those too must be compared with digital copies to ensure they are not compromised in transit. Ergo what needs hours takes days.

Consider the shameless fallacies pedaled right here and you get the pinch in Chebukati's shoes.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 05:28:22 PM »
I understand American election to be mainly manual, too. No? If they can hack 150 million votes in the VERY SAME NIGHT OF VOTING, we can do 10 to 16 million votes in 24 hours. Surely? This is just incompetence.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 05:30:40 PM »
It is not incompetence but TRUST DEFICIT. Because of the endless breaks in the chain of party agents, IEBC officers, hackers, etc - only physically signed forms can be relied upon... and those too must be compared with digital copies to ensure they are not compromised in transit. Ergo what needs hours takes days.

Consider the shameless fallacies pedaled right here and you get the pinch in Chebukati's shoes.

It's not Chebukati I have issues with: the law gives him 7 good days to check and cross all his i's and t's. American results also take very long to fully verify (even months!)

I'm really just wondering about the pathetic Kenyan media. Hao watu ni fake sana. Fox and CNN would know these results yesterday night before we slept (or at least before we woke up today morning!).

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 05:38:02 PM »
 The winner is in those forms, but you will spend many days adding it up individually. Media house should deploy 50 number-crunchers to tabulate and announce the winner within hours or as soon as forms become available. Adding them up shouldn't take 6-8 hours with 40 people working nonstop. I believe if Raila Azimio were winning, they would have announced it already. Media, as well, in Kenya are captured. They always have a candidate on the ballot!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »

It's not Chebukati I have issues with: the law gives him 7 good days to check and cross all his i's and t's. American results also take very long to fully verify (even months!)

I'm really just wondering about the pathetic Kenyan media. Hao watu ni fake sana. Fox and CNN would know these results yesterday night before we slept.

2007 hangovers. The media are scared to report anything wrong which could incite violence by causing false hope in the strongholds. They could easily project from IEBC figures but will not do it without collating -  form by form - all 46k of them to ensure they match. In short they are no better than IEBC.

I find this to be pointless fear.. it is not the media's job to manage emotional violent mobs. Kenyans should grow up.

RV Pundit here is like a clumsy, super-biased media house.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels