Author Topic: Family history really makes you realize you are your ancestors  (Read 1378 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
My great grandfather had 3 wives. I now know why it is easier for my cousins to marry 3 wives and live a very happy fulfilling life.

My mum's uncle was shipped by the British to fight WWII. he never returned and no word of what happened to him. He was my great grandmother only boy.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Family history really makes you realize you are your ancestors
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 05:19:03 PM »
Are you trying to understand why you have many baby mamas.
We are family of many wives too...from my father side...but almost non-existent in my mother side.
I think it come with territory...we have vibaras..that a lot of testoreone.
All my mother side folks are sober - single women - kind of no makelele folks.
My father side is opposite...many women...makelele..hot headed..vichwa ngumus.

The only relative I know we lost to Mzungu
1) Well my great grandfather who I was named (we pick who we are named after randomly) died of depression from Mzungu selling his cows as fine for crossing Narok and giving him coins.
2) My great grandfather brother - was burnt in Naivasha due to smallpox - it was like COVID-19 but containtment - Mzungu came to your hut and set it on fire while you were inside. Painful way to die. The wife returned from Naivasha with ashes :)
My father relatives were mostly driving tractors - for Mzungu - in Naivasha, Nakuru and where Mzungu was.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 05:34:18 PM »
All the polygamy is on my maternal side. On the my dad's side I am have inherited my grandfather's trouble some brother My grandfather always would say here comes my brother from Metumi. The guy that I resemble to a T was a rolling stone. He had wives everywhere. He died or was lost without a trace on his way to Rift Valley on border of kabete where he used to trade and had a wife. Also, i am a replica of my dad first cousin. He was county clerk in muranga in 1959. He emptied the coffers and told mzungu to go fuck himself. He bought big building in eastleigh and two busses. Became super rich. His bar was the busiest bar in eastleitgh from 1959 till his death in 1999. He was a loves maverick. Bar maids loved him and called him Muthee. He was a fixer and an astute businessman.

I amctracing my roots. Writing our family biographies before my parents checkout .I intend to write two books to bequeath our families

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 05:47:35 PM »
Great idea. Try to spend time with you old peeps.
All the polygamy is on my maternal side. On the my dad's side I am have inherited my grandfather's trouble some brother My grandfather always would say here comes my brother from Metumi. The guy that I resemble to a T was a rolling stone. He had wives everywhere. He died or was lost without a trace on his way to Rift Valley on border of kabete where he used to trade and had a wife. Also, i am a replica of my dad first cousin. He was county clerk in muranga in 1959. He emptied the coffers and told mzungu to go fuck himself. He bought big building in eastleigh and two busses. Became super rich. His bar was the busiest bar in eastleitgh from 1959 till his death in 1999. He was a loves maverick. Bar maids loved him and called him Muthee. He was a fixer and an astute businessman.

I amctracing my roots. Writing our family biographies before my parents checkout .I intend to write two books to bequeath our families

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 05:51:01 PM »
I am doing so. At least one month a year. We just sit and chat

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 05:58:47 PM »
Excellent.Why dont you take them to US during summers?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 06:04:44 PM »
Excellent.Why dont you take them to US during summers?
They do not want to take the trip. Too taxing at their age being at home is what they need. My dad is very frail

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 06:48:26 PM »
Yeah long flight; KQ direct flight might help; You guys just have to make the time.
They do not want to take the trip. Too taxing at their age being at home is what they need. My dad is very frail

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 11:30:34 AM »

KQ flys direct to new york . Njamba does not live in Newyork. Meanin a connection flight is required. U.S. is so huge its a continent .
Biggest mistake KQ did was to settle on Newyork flight . Mpst africans dont live in Newyork and secondly American tourists who prefer touring Africa majority dont originate from Newyork.
Yeah long flight; KQ direct flight might help; You guys just have to make the time.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 11:37:28 AM »
Indeed but where else - Atlanta - because it already a long flight - they can only do the East Coast?

KQ flys direct to new york . Njamba does not live in Newyork. Meanin a connection flight is required. U.S. is so huge its a continent .
Biggest mistake KQ did was to settle on Newyork flight . Mpst africans dont live in Newyork and secondly American tourists who prefer touring Africa majority dont originate from Newyork.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 11:49:58 AM »

They have Kenyatas 3 777 Aircrafts idling with Turkish Airlines.
As for the routes they can get data from immigration where most Kenyans and tourists originate from U.S. as for the other African countries this too they can get if the do due dilligence.

Indeed but where else - Atlanta - because it already a long flight - they can only do the East Coast?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 11:54:40 AM »
Anyway that KQ will be history by Dec.
Kenyatta should count 10B losses for NCBA.

As for the routes they can get data from immigration where most Kenyans and tourists originate from U.S. as for the other African countries this too they can get if the do due dilligence.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 12:00:32 PM »
10B is small change for Uhuru and Aviation. He gets more than monthly from Aviation business...

Anyway that KQ will be history by Dec.
Kenyatta should count 10B losses for NCBA.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 12:23:14 PM »
Ruto will go for everything they own within Kenya now that treasury is broke
10B is small change for Uhuru and Aviation. He gets more than monthly from Aviation business...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »
Kenya economy has is kaput for the next 10 years. nse is a bloodbath with foreign investors having exited positions. interest rates will be jacked up so high the level of defaults on loans will be very high. you are fucked in that banana republic.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 12:59:50 PM »

no I won't subject my parents to 13 hour flight or any other flight. they been done with flying for a long time. now is time just to wake up watch TV and meet their friends in the neighborhood. after 80 years there is no need to doing too much. with covid old people should be protected at all cost. I hope you are keeping your mum isolated. the new omicron variant b4 b5 is killing efficiently. becareful out there before you get disabled by it

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 01:07:31 PM »
My mum is young..born 1959 or 1960.She very active.My dad got her out school at form 2 in late 70s - their age difference was 15yrs.
no I won't subject my parents to 13 hour flight or any other flight. they been done with flying for a long time. now is time just to wake up watch TV and meet their friends in the neighborhood. after 80 years there is no need to doing too much. with covid old people should be protected at all cost. I hope you are keeping your mum isolated. the new omicron variant b4 b5 is killing efficiently. becareful out there before you get disabled by it

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 01:15:09 PM »
My mum is young..born 1959 or 1960.She very active.My dad got her out school at form 2 in late 70s - their age difference was 15yrs.

wow your mama will eat mzee wealth for many years to come. May she continue enjoying good health. my dad married at 33 years. he is older than my mum by 8 years. my mum got married at 21 years. right after getting out teachers college and working for a few years. they been married over 55 years