Author Topic: Willing buyer willing seller the faulty kenyatta era land policy  (Read 737 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
The willing buyer willing seller kenyatta era land policy was faulty as hell. My Paternal Great Grandfather  for example had settled in Thindigua after migrating from Metumi. When colonial govt nationalized the land under crown act he lost his Land to the colonial govt. He was displaced without compensation and became a landless man. He had to move to Ribai near Kiambu town and resettle there. His family scattered as each of his several families went out in search for land. Some ended on the edges of riftvalley in Lari and others in lower Githunguri. When independence was granted my great grandfather was long dead. His kids were never given the opportunity to reclaim their land in Thindigua. That land was sold to the ruling class of kenya because the colonial govt had allocated it to a white coffee farmer. So the ex colonial chiefs akina Gatabaki, Magugu, koinange bought all these lands using money acquired during their collaboration with the British. Most of the money used to buy these coffee farms were funds borrowed from the British govt by Kenyatta dictatorship. The argument of willing buyer willing seller  was that the chiefs were buying development on the land not the soil. So most of what they paid for was for coffee plants and physical infrastructure. However my great grandfather soil was now again donated to these British Loyalists known locally as Homeguards. I am going to international Court to claim justice on behalf of my clan. Justice delayed is justicdenied Haki yetu..I will grab one those Thindigua apartments as my clans restitution

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: Willing buyer willing seller the faulty kenyatta era land policy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 02:09:27 PM »
Kenyatta and homeguards own you. Continue facing Gatundu and faithfully wait for 'ruiteki'.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 02:14:56 PM »
Only cure is to do the same 1960s
Mzungu who had grabbed the land was paid.
Now Mwafrika who has grabbed the land need to be paid.
And land given to poor slum dwellers and villagers.
Gov therefore will acquire all those lands and give it to poor Kiambu people
Or give it to chinese to build residential flats to be sold cheaply to everyone.
Problem solved.
They take the money - whatever gov and courts decides as compensation - and we end this problem
The willing buyer willing seller kenyatta era land policy was faulty as hell. My Paternal Great Grandfather  for example had settled in Thindigua after migrating from Metumi. When colonial govt nationalized the land under crown act he lost his Land to the colonial govt. He was displaced without compensation and became a landless man. He had to move to Ribai near Kiambu town and resettle there. His family scattered as each of his several families went out in search for land. Some ended on the edges of riftvalley in Lari and others in lower Githunguri. When independence was granted my great grandfather was long dead. His kids were never given the opportunity to reclaim their land in Thindigua. That land was sold to the ruling class of kenya because the colonial govt had allocated it to a white coffee farmer. So the ex colonial chiefs akina Gatabaki, Magugu, koinange bought all these lands using money acquired during their collaboration with the British. Most of the money used to buy these coffee farms were funds borrowed from the British govt by Kenyatta dictatorship. The argument of willing buyer willing seller  was that the chiefs were buying development on the land not the soil. So most of what they paid for was for coffee plants and physical infrastructure. However my great grandfather soil was now again donated to these British Loyalists known locally as Homeguards. I am going to international Court to claim justice on behalf of my clan. Justice delayed is justicdenied Haki yetu..I will grab one those Thindigua apartments as my clans restitution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 02:24:00 PM »
Kenya should make it illegal to bury people anywhere else other than a local cemetery. This will solve a lot of land issues.
County must Use eminent domain law to acquire land for public use.
apartment living should be given priority to one acre plot.
As for compensation, those who lost land need compensated.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 03:29:56 PM »
Yes only in Kenya - or East africa are people buried at home. I heard in Ghana - there are cemeteries including in rural place. Nobody get buried in their land.
Kenya should make it illegal to bury people anywhere else other than a local cemetery. This will solve a lot of land issues.
County must Use eminent domain law to acquire land for public use.
apartment living should be given priority to one acre plot.
As for compensation, those who lost land need compensated.