Author Topic: Naive kenyans being taken to cleaners by Crypto fraudsters  (Read 865 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Naive kenyans being taken to cleaners by Crypto fraudsters
« on: June 11, 2022, 10:37:00 AM »
This new game in town...

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/kenyans-lose-billions-to-crypto-frauds-3844990

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
Re: Naive kenyans being taken to cleaners by Crypto fraudsters
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 05:59:19 PM »
Scams in Kenya are too many. Conmen in the form of friends, family, and regular folk are taking Kenyans to cleaners. I suspect everyone in Kenya has been coned by a brother, sister, friend, coworker, uncle, or stranger. Most of us in the US are getting conned left, right, and center by family members. The solution is to start from distrust, followed by staggered verification and, finally, layered auditing before your send anyone money. Ten years ago, I applied that technique, and no one has been able to take our money kiolelaolela. Even on death matters, you have to send me documents, pictures, and concrete evidence for me to believe a Kenyan. Crypto, I don't touch it! I warned my sister years ago, and she saved 120K; she was about part with! Wewe Pundit, I know you have been coned by family or friends.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 06:07:16 PM »
It hard to con me - I also have layers of trust - and what normally work - once I have comitted to send money - I pull a disappearing act for like few hours or a day - before the sending time - hapo ukweli yote utokea tu - they become desperate and start making mistakes - and you discover it was bull story. There are people I trust - my sisters - one or two uncles - one brother - my mum- such kind of people. Those I dont verify. The rest I verify - then use that last minute twist - and it always weed out the con.

Just pretend that your mpesa or account had issues or just go silent for few hours or a day...when you've accepted...conmen will lose patience and make mistakes...the ungrateful will start talking badly...only genuine cases will remain...they will remain respectful and patient through that ordeal...then you send them money.

Scams in Kenya are too many. Conmen in the form of friends, family, and regular folk are taking Kenyans to cleaners. I suspect everyone in Kenya has been coned by a brother, sister, friend, coworker, uncle, or stranger. Most of us in the US are getting conned left, right, and center by family members. The solution is to start from distrust, followed by staggered verification and, finally, layered auditing before your send anyone money. Ten years ago, I applied that technique, and no one has been able to take our money kiolelaolela. Even on death matters, you have to send me documents, pictures, and concrete evidence for me to believe a Kenyan. Crypto, I don't touch it! I warned my sister years ago, and she saved 120K; she was about part with! Wewe Pundit, I know you have been coned by family or friends.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 06:28:07 PM »
It must be very exhausting to live in kenya and deal with untrustworthy people on a regular basis (even jalas was conned by his long time employee's and he is now looking for them on instagram  :D :D

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 08:26:41 PM »
Kenyans have embraced kipsigis culture of stealing. Theycwill still even from their own mothers

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 04:07:12 AM »
Even in US hedgefund idiots are about to lose everything, People never learn
https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/vbn8xn/michael_saylors_big_bet_on_bitcoin_will_go_down/

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 10:52:14 AM »
These scams are made and bred in the U of S. Your afro pessimism is ridiculous.
It must be very exhausting to live in kenya and deal with untrustworthy people on a regular basis (even jalas was conned by his long time employee's and he is now looking for them on instagram  :D :D
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution