Author Topic: Only about 3.5m smallholders farms - but 70 percent of agriculture.  (Read 729 times)

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
While the average land size is 1.5 acres - Zambia is doing 20 acres! Look like Zambians have lots of land.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Only about 3.5m smallholders farms - but 70 percent of agriculture.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:15:53 AM »
They are only slightly less than 20M and arable land is super vast, no different from TZ. I visited Arusha back in 2018 Easter and I bumped into this old buddy. He told me he leases land a good 300KM off Arusha for farming. Over 50% of TZ land is fertile with good rains. TZ has enough capital to be the next African Tiger now than Ethiopia has failed us
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Only about 3.5m smallholders farms - but 70 percent of agriculture.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 09:20:32 AM »
Yes TZ is twice kenya and not semi-arid like us. But I think there is big infrastructure deficit - roads - would make any such proceeds difficult to get to market.

They are only slightly less than 20M and arable land is super vast, no different from TZ. I visited Arusha back in 2018 Easter and I bumped into this old buddy. He told me he leases land a good 300KM off Arusha for farming. Over 50% of TZ land is fertile with good rains. TZ has enough capital to be the next African Tiger now than Ethiopia has failed us