Author Topic: There is no doubt Kericho is one most beautiful place on earth  (Read 1686 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
There is no doubt Kericho is one most beautiful place on earth
« on: September 19, 2021, 10:19:29 PM »
Hopefully I can retire here in 20yrs :)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: There is no doubt Kericho is one most beautiful place on earth
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 10:30:42 PM »
I luv it.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 07:13:36 AM »
Hopefully I can retire here in 20yrs :)

Doesn't inspire me apart from the tea farms,the town is basically a hot spot for prostitution. Quite sad.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 07:47:38 AM »
You need to upgrade your lifestyle; if you hanging out in seedy joints; please upgrade. Kericho is not meru - there is golf club and several exclusive clubs - meru doesnt have one.
Doesn't inspire me apart from the tea farms,the town is basically a hot spot for prostitution. Quite sad.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:07:38 AM »
Tea plucking tractors - are now right in my home estate - and even hand held one - I see lots of tea pluckers being laid off - this could cause problems...in the short term.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:25:30 AM »
The previous hand held machines required at least six workers...two to pull it...and two to sort...two to carry...now this one will reduce workforce drastically and make tea farming sustainable.

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »
'Beautiful'  means no people. No life.

I always see people wowing over empty streets in Kigali.
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 12:40:04 PM »
On Earth? It's beautiful but do not get carried away.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 02:26:53 PM »
There is a reason why bazungu chose this area as one of the white highlands. Kenya naturally good most places. Bazungu come and see it he stays and marries Kikuyu or Luo wife but rarely Kale. Kericho is good. Beautiful terrain, fertile soils, water available, wonderful scenery. People are also a little good. ;) Today if I were to choose Kericho a good place to settle but far from Pundit and his chalkface boy worriers.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 02:41:14 PM »
There is a path to citizenship in Kalenjin and Maa land. It's very easy. Just come with one cow and befriend someone like me. My clan will adopt you, you'll get a kalenjin name and a clan. In my village the richest man has gusii ancestry - not of old...but like his father was real gusii mother and father.

If you live amongst kipsigis without being assimilated you will be treated very badly. Kalenjin have dual sin system. Anything done to you as foreigner doesnt count as a sin. People can even drive your cows day time....and everyone will pretend like they did not see anything.You simply will be mistreated as sub-human to kipsigis. Anything can be done to you. In fact if you meet kalenjin kids and ask if they saw anyone on the road and they happen to see geemail - they will say they did not see anybody :) - just some baluhya.

I also know one bukusu man who came to work with wazungu - as cook - later assimilated - he had 200 acres from Mzungu that left him shamba as reward - and married 20 wives - and he is a full blood kipsigis now.

The same concept applies to maasai - just assimilate, do a small ceremony, take a maasai name and you will enjoy life a full citizen - many kalenjin and kikuyus have taken such citizen - even a few Luos in transmara have done the same. For luo you will do circumscion and you're good to go - you got the green card

There is a reason why bazungu chose this area as one of the white highlands. Kenya naturally good most places. Bazungu come and see it he stays and marries Kikuyu or Luo wife but rarely Kale. Kericho is good. Beautiful terrain, fertile soils, water available, wonderful scenery. People are also a little good. ;) Today if I were to choose Kericho a good place to settle but far from Pundit and his chalkface boy worriers.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 04:14:44 PM »
Kericho is beautiful. No doubt about that.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 05:36:03 PM »
Tea plucking tractors - are now right in my home estate - and even hand held one - I see lots of tea pluckers being laid off - this could cause problems...in the short term.

The previous hand held machines required at least six workers...two to pull it...and two to sort...two to carry...now this one will reduce workforce drastically and make tea farming sustainable.

That is the opposite of sustainable. Those machines are more expensive than the cheap labor they are replacing, this is more of a novelty thing than a cold hard look at figures.

Hand picked is higher quality.

Once again you showcase you ignorance of bottoms up  :D

For you it is just expedient sloganeering.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 05:44:16 PM »
Comment on things you know...like maybe fish.
Tea prices have collapsed totally...only way to make it sustainable is to cut cost.
Atwoli and his unions have made hand picking impossible...it's now 13-15kshs a kilo plus housing, and related facilities.
The total earning per kilo of green tea is now almost....20shs...sometimes 25kshs.
So the farmer is left with 5-10kshs - before you subtract fertilizers.
No fertilizers - No harvesting. It's that simple.

These machines are way cheaper, can work for long hours, plug faster, and can replace many workers.

These multinational were about to call quits - but now with these machines - they will fire people en-masse - and their business will stay afloat.

Bottomup ni mambo ya SIRIKALI.

Please leave private sector alone.

Ruto should hire these tea pluckers to dig trenches, build cabro, pipe water and other public investment in roads, water, sewage and the works.

That is the opposite of sustainable. Those machines are more expensive than the cheap labor they are replacing, this is more of a novelty thing than a cold hard look at figures.

Hand picked is higher quality.

Once again you showcase you ignorance of bottoms up  :D

For you it is just expedient sloganeering.

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 08:48:20 PM »
I would never wish to live my old age in cold places like the highlands. Ukambani and the coast ticks. Kitengelas...Kajiado too. Except for the damned mosquitoes.

This year Nairobi has been freezing. 
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »
Very good point.
I would never wish to live my old age in cold places like the highlands. Ukambani and the coast ticks. Kitengelas...Kajiado too. Except for the damned mosquitoes.

This year Nairobi has been freezing.