Author Topic: The rise of Yuan marks the coming end of the dollar as global currency.  (Read 7322 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
More currency swaps agreements btw china's Yuan and other countries...like Russia.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-13/russia-china-sign-currency-swap-agreement-to-double-100b-trade.html

Already Yuan as overtaken Euro to become the second most used currency in Internal trade.

China is already the world's leading exporter and second largest importer...meaning naturally the Yuan will soon become the world currency.

China's Union card has already overtaken US's Visa and Mastercard in both value and volume of transactions...

The dragon is emerging..and here in kenya...we are slow to adjust to coming chinese dominated world.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
Re: The rise of Yuan marks the coming end of the dollar as global currency.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
I' am not sure i like the Yuan, we are so used to the dollar.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
there are old people in kenya who are yet to get over east africa shillings and the sterling pound..heck most of gov of kenya salary are still quoted using the old kenyan pounds..my late grandmother thought real money was the ones with holes like those queen elizabeth coin...heck pesa and hela..names we use for money..are 15th century relic the portuguese super power left along the east africa cost.

In short..you'll get over the greenback eventually.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
After experiencing the evils of the dollar, I do not think the rest of the world will like to embrace another fiat currency. Digital currency may rule instead.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:34:31 AM »
That is utopian day dreaming. He who controls international trade..control international currency. US's dollar will be replaced by Yuan as currency of business.That will give chinese central bankers immense global powers like the Feds and US's treasury currently have...many a people will be watching what happens to Yuan in Beijing. That is just one of soft powers china will soon have in the world.
After experiencing the evils of the dollar, I do not think the rest of the world will like to embrace another fiat currency. Digital currency may rule instead.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
there are old people in kenya who are yet to get over east africa shillings and the sterling pound..heck most of gov of kenya salary are still quoted using the old kenyan pounds..my late grandmother thought real money was the ones with holes like those queen elizabeth coin...heck pesa and hela..names we use for money..are 15th century relic the portuguese super power left along the east africa cost.

In short..you'll get over the greenback eventually.

Hey Pundit bwana! :D

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
By 2050 the largest economies in the world on PPP terms will be India,China,USA Europe and Africa in that orders,We will have a pool of currencies Rupee,Yuan,USD and Euro...a multi-lateral world where non will dominate over the other..maybe come that time we will simply have a global currency,
Currently USA and Europe are one of the largest economies which are major trading partners of China so we will simply have a pool of currency depending on who you are trading with,I think you are obsessed with China,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »
Ideally that would be great. A basket of currencies depending on share of global trade. But if you know economics..you'll soon realize that world cannot be equal..china has the economies of scale/consolidations/locations/etc...i think to dominate the world in the short term...India and Africa..mm i doubt very much...US and Europe..will hack in there..but ultimately China will dominate the world for some yrs.
By 2050 the largest economies in the world on PPP terms will be India,China,USA Europe and Africa in that orders,We will have a pool of currencies Rupee,Yuan,USD and Euro...a multi-lateral world where non will dominate over the other..maybe come that time we will simply have a global currency,
Currently USA and Europe are one of the largest economies which are major trading partners of China so we will simply have a pool of currency depending on who you are trading with,I think you are obsessed with China,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
There is nothing special about China,Population wise its % of global population has fallen from 28% in 1800s to 19% now while Africa population has double over the last 40years and will overtake China by 2050...Urbanization wise China is at 50% while Africa is 40% while having one of the fastest urbanization rates in the world,If its economic growth rate China has slowed from 11% to 7% while most African countries growth rate is ever rising,One of the key drivers of China growth since 1978 was Infrastructure And Africa is improving in that sector...on governance,China is a dictatorial regime prone to uprising like we've seen in Hong Kong,its like Africa 30years ago or soviet union while Africa political governance is improving with peace handover of power in more than 10 of 20 countries which have conducted elections,lastly is that we dont hear of Africa success stories due to our fragments 54 countries,with integration our story will be heard,India is overtaking China very soon,China is not ruling the world any time soon,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »
How can you compare a continent and a country? Compare Africa and Asia.Compare Apples with Apples..not Oranges. So Africa whether sub-saharan or supra-sahara..is hot air. It not one country but 55 countries. At least Euro zone is an economic zone with common currency..Africa is wild west. Let me hear a comparison btw India and China...India is the only guys in my view who will challenge China...though India has serious structural,cultural and political issues...China is one humongous homogeneous country..with hans-chinese constituting 92% of the country.

Talk up or down India versus China...3rd and 1st world leading economies..with enough fundamentals to dominate the world in coming yrs.

There is nothing special about China,Population wise its % of global population has fallen from 28% in 1800s to 19% now while Africa population has double over the last 40years and will overtake China by 2050...Urbanization wise China is at 50% while Africa is 40% while having one of the fastest urbanization rates in the world,If its economic growth rate China has slowed from 11% to 7% while most African countries growth rate is ever rising,One of the key drivers of China growth since 1978 was Infrastructure And Africa is improving in that sector...on governance,China is a dictatorial regime prone to uprising like we've seen in Hong Kong,its like Africa 30years ago or soviet union while Africa political governance is improving with peace handover of power in more than 10 of 20 countries which have conducted elections,lastly is that we dont hear of Africa success stories due to our fragments 54 countries,with integration our story will be heard,India is overtaking China very soon,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »
Difference is just boundaries which will be broken through trade,infrastructure and political integration like its happening in east Africa,that's how Europe was created from single customs union common market now its an economic & monetary union and soon will be political federation its the same process being followed in Africa starting with EAC,Infact its the best way to create a country and we cannot look at single African countries in isolation we must look at the whole continent success story,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »
When that happens...we will discuss it then. As of now..that is just hot air. Hot air as pakistani,bangladesh,srilanka and india combining to give us the old India. Or maybe China,korea,japan and even indonesia merging in an South Asia union.

What we know for sure is that India and China are undergoing transformation...China one is simply breathtaking.

Difference is just boundaries which will be broken through trade,infrastructure and political integration like its happening in east Africa,that's how Europe was created from single customs union common market now its an economic & monetary union and soon will be political federation its the same process being followed in Africa starting with EAC,Infact its the best way to create a country and we cannot look at single African countries in isolation we must look at the whole continent success story,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
Integration and economic development does not mean having a central dictatorial authority like Old India,It means building infrastructure whether cross border highways or rail roads,single visa,single customs,things which facilitate trade,It seems now you've shed China hype and embraced China and India..African countries which make up Africa are undergoing evident transformation from population urbanization governance and  economic growth which are key to integration..that's why everybody is singing Africa rising narrative..its only that you are obsessed with China nonsense,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
You're essentially saying nothing. China yuan and economy will dominate the world. I think India will be up there. Africa..where exactly is that. Nigeria..yes will kick butt. The rest are polemics.
Integration and economic development does not mean having a central dictatorial authority like Old India,It means building infrastructure whether cross border highways or rail roads,single visa,single customs,things which facilitate trade,It seems now you've shed China hype and embraced China and India..African countries which make up Africa are undergoing evident transformation from population urbanization governance and  economic growth which are key to integration..that's why everybody is singing Africa rising narrative..its only that you are obsessed with China nonsense,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »
Nonsense,

Without Prejudice.