Author Topic: The Pain of Being a Sierra Leone National Football Player  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
The Pain of Being a Sierra Leone National Football Player
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/sports/soccer/sierra-leones-soccer-team-struggles-with-stigma-over-ebola-outbreak.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=LargeMediaHeadlineSum&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: The Pain of Being a Sierra Leone National Football Player
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
Look like an AID like stigma is developing. This time though it more serious..Ebola is a quick killer.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
Look like an AID like stigma is developing. This time though it more serious..Ebola is a quick killer.
Ask the Kenyan soldiers who served in Sierra Leone to tell you what stigma they went through in that country. I remember having to drive over with food and water in landcruiser arriving by night because they could not be approached until they moved to their own barracks.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »
The Negro lacks empathy.  Same thing that was absent between Ham and Noah.  These folks would have been treated like heroes in a bazungu country.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »
The Negro lacks empathy.  Same thing that was absent between Ham and Noah.  These folks would have been treated like heroes in a bazungu country.
Theirs is genuine fear..its the way they are going about it that bothers my mind. Its happening everywhere even in bazungu land. There is a TV doctor at NBC who has had several campus appearnces cancelled because of this fear, now even more heightened after the death of Eric Duncan and the second case in Dallas. Now pray tell Termi how do you come up with the father -son comparison.... I cant see it, maybe its monday morning and my brains are slow.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:48 PM »
Theirs is genuine fear..its the way they are going about it that bothers my mind. Its happening everywhere even in bazungu land. There is a TV doctor at NBC who has had several campus appearnces cancelled because of this fear, now even more heightened after the death of Eric Duncan and the second case in Dallas. Now pray tell Termi how do you come up with the father -son comparison.... I cant see it, maybe its monday morning and my brains are slow.
The father son part refers to Ham who laughed at his naked drunk father instead of covering him up.  Some people believe the Negro is his descendant(personally I don't).

There is probably fear too.  But it cannot explain the Ebola chants.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
The father son part refers to Ham who laughed at his naked drunk father instead of covering him up.  Some people believe the Negro is his descendant(personally I don't).

There is probably fear too.  But it cannot explain the Ebola chants.

The ebola chants, I cant explain......football fanatics are on a league of their own and have been known to go into extremes. Ham did more than just laugh at his drunk fathers nakedness..just ask vooke. In todays world, he would be referred to as a sic mind.....I mean who would do something like that to their own father. I also dont believe that it has anything to do with the dark skin as theologiens have debated for ages, but that aside.......In that context, that's abit extreme, dont you think?
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi