Author Topic: If they nails this - Land information systems - then we can unlock investments  (Read 1133 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Easier-times-ahead-for-land-buyers/1056-4348946-dpdo5g/index.html

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Most of the services at e-citizen even simple as a birth certificate are not possible to actualize fully online; this will be a miracle. Listened to Muraguri and he did not indicate how they will liaise with Sonko given most of the land in Nairobi is under County. 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Until someone comes up with a way to beat the system, and they are not even investigated, or anything.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
These systems will just make it easier for the land cartels to search for more land to steal....

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
These systems will just make it easier for the land cartels to search for more land to steal....
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Hehe bitmask and bryan. Someone noted corruption is the biggest sector - way ahead of agriculture, construction, etc. There are massive undeclared revenues, jobs, taxes, etc. If you were to rebase properly the gdp would triple.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Hehe bitmask and bryan. Someone noted corruption is the biggest sector - way ahead of agriculture, construction, etc. There are massive undeclared revenues, jobs, taxes, etc. If you were to rebase properly the gdp would triple.

Yep.  It might even be responsible for the Uhuru-Raila detente. The Jimmy Wanjigis and their gilded lifestyles cannot survive on grass.

Funny, that at one time I too thought corruption could be slayed with technology.  In reality, it just opens up new avenues and gatekeepers of the vice.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
In Kenya, law enforcement is for the poor. They are harassed, shot at and even killed. The well off have a jail free card. Tech will not prevent corruption, they figure out how to go around it - Waiguru did and was never charged!!. If she were in TZ she wouldn't get away with it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
In Kenya, law enforcement is for the poor. They are harassed, shot at and even killed. The well off have a jail free card. Tech will not prevent corruption, they figure out how to go around it - Waiguru did and was never charged!!. If she were in TZ she wouldn't get away with it.

Strawman, see the light! Corruption is responsible for billion-dollar revenues, jobs, supply chains, and whatnot. It's our most innovative industry.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
You can say that again. Imagine two cops collecting 37M in just 7 months. Translates into 176K per day. Of course not all of it is their as they have quotas but you get the point.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Shock-of-police-cartel-minting-Sh37-million-through-M-Pesa-/1056-4231536-om5vjyz/index.html
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
You can say that again. Imagine two cops collecting 37M in just 7 months. Translates into 176K per day. Of course not all of it is their as they have quotas but you get the point.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Shock-of-police-cartel-minting-Sh37-million-through-M-Pesa-/1056-4231536-om5vjyz/index.html

How do you convince the public to support conviction of these guys while Waigurus of Kenya go free? Not even a serious investigation?