Author Topic: Now that Babu has lost...  (Read 2889 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Now that Babu has lost...
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:42:12 AM »
....it's open season for manufacturing all sorts of excuses;
1. He was rigged out
2. Jubilee used state coffers and government officials to campaign
3. Babu was sabotaged by NIS,KDF,KBC,KAM....
4. Babu is surrounded by silly inept sycophants like Nyongo,Midiwo...
5. Age is catching up with Babu
6. Babu is a divisive character never forgiven for 1982 coup...he looks vindictive
7. Babu's Unga Revolution was stillborn
8. Some NASA Principals were NIS/Jubilee moles
9. Babu was cursed

Whatever reasons you come up with, temper them with realism and bloody honesty.

I have for instance noticed Babu's Luo fans rarely if ever blame him for anything. The closest they get is blaming silly Luos around him but not him. It just can't be Babu's fault for anything be it botched primaries,corruption....
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
Re: Now that Babu has lost...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »
I hope to see this objectivism on your part for Uhuru's blunders in corruption that are blamed on his sycophants, Ruto and even the constitution....Heck, sometimes even the opposition and Raila must shoulder the blame as well :D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:49 AM »
I hope to see this objectivism on your part for Uhuru's blunders in corruption that are blamed on his sycophants, Ruto and even the constitution....Heck, sometimes even the opposition and Raila must shoulder the blame as well :D
My sentiments on corruption are best described by Ndii. It is lack of political goodwill that EACC sanitizes favorites like Wamajuu. A friend of mine with EACC told me that one case she was pursuing in Alfie Mutua was suspended abruptly by a mere phone call.

Jubilee has used scandals to blackmail opposition members to tow the line.

Why despite all the mega scandals many preferred Jubilee to NASWA is simple; they were hardly convinced that NASWA was any better. So corruption ceased being a campaign anthem....it's a common denominator.

If you ever get to sit in an interview panel and two or more candidates tie on all you can see, you go for the trivial stuff like well set teeth, clear eyes, long natural hair,sleek silk tie, flawless skin,'perfect shape',....
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »
I dont believe that for one second. Raila fought for the constitution and institutions and largely enabled the eviction of KANU becoming central Kenyas biggest hero until Kibakis confidants began considering him a threat.

All those "scandals" of maize (not him!), kazi kwa vijana (The World Bank, yaani donor, denied any money was lost) and Molases (fake: Raila won the tender coz he pledged to revive the plant per original GOK intentions rather than sell it for parts and land like others who tendered) were pure fakery. They convinced me he had zero scandals, coz if he did, those guys would not have been scratching the bottom of the barrel to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

The false equivalencies just as under Kibaki and now Uhuru are excuses that tribalists give to themselves to sanitize the real reason for their choices which their conscience knows they should not be proud of: bigotry. Raila is a luo. That is the greatest sin he committed and can never be forgiven for. And my hatred of this is one of the reasons for my supporting him.

Even PEV where Kalenjin people and Kyuks slaughtered each other is sanitized and unabashedly blamed on the guy with a straight face when everyone with two brain cells knows there was no systematic or widespread killin among Luos, Luhyas or the Coast. But Raila is blamed by Gema for all that and fake scandals all because "those people" meaning Luo, shall do this/that, cannot be trusted with leadership and all manner of nonsense such as sijui he is vengeaful (he was the one who RAN to Moi's defence when NARK led by kina Moody Awori, Tuju and others wanted hin to face commissions for his past. He said leave the mzee alone, he has left....keep in mind this is the mzee who had him tortured in Nyayo house)

The only legitimate question mark on RAO to a fair observer is the 82 involvement and even then, I keep in mind that Kenya had been under a brutal dictatorship for decades and I'm not sure the level of his involvement.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »
I dont believe that for one second. Raila fought for the constitution and institutions and largely enabled the eviction of KANU becoming central Kenyas biggest hero until Kibakis confidants began considering him a threat.

All those "scandals" of maize (not him!), kazi kwa vijana (The World Bank, yaani donor, denied any money was lost) and Molases (fake: Raila won the tender coz he pledged to revive the plant per original GOK intentions rather than sell it for parts and land like others who tendered) were pure fakery. They convinced me he had zero scandals, coz if he did, those guys would not have been scratching the bottom of the barrel to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

The false equivalencies just as under Kibaki and now Uhuru are excuses that tribalists give to themselves to sanitize the real reason for their choices which their conscience knows they should not be proud of: bigotry. Raila is a luo. That is the greatest sin he committed and can never be forgiven for. And my hatred of this is one of the reasons for my supporting him.

Even PEV where Kalenjin people and Kyuks slaughtered each other is sanitized and unabashedly blamed on the guy with a straight face when everyone with two brain cells knows there was no systematic or widespread killin among Luos, Luhyas or the Coast. But Raila is blamed by Gema for all that and fake scandals all because "those people" meaning Luo, shall do this/that, cannot be trusted with leadership and all manner of nonsense such as sijui he is vengeaful (he was the one who RAN to Moi's defence when NARK led by kina Moody Awori, Tuju and others wanted hin to face commissions for his past. He said leave the mzee alone, he has left....keep in mind this is the mzee who had him tortured in Nyayo house)

The only legitimate question mark on RAO to a fair observer is the 82 involvement and even then, I keep in mind that Kenya had been under a brutal dictatorship for decades and I'm not sure the level of his involvement.
You don't have to believe it for sure.

Corruption was never going to convince anybody. If it could, it would have seeing Jubilee was never short of scandals latest being the maize import.

A wise question to ponder is, how come nobody bought the corruption line?

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:20 AM »
Same reason y'all have been pushing here against Kichwa in defence of MOAS for weeks, vooke: tribalism.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 11:09:53 AM »
Same reason y'all have been pushing here against Kichwa in defence of MOAS for weeks, vooke: tribalism.
Jubilee made inroads into NASWA strongholds; got more votes and seats outside RVGEMA. Tribalism can't explain that

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 11:11:42 AM »
Jubilee made inroads into NASWA strongholds; got more votes and seats outside RVGEMA. Tribalism can't explain that
Didnt Pundit's MOAS say that would happen based on tribalism?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »
Didnt Pundit's MOAS say that would happen based on tribalism?
We are talking past each other.

Uhuruto fared better than 2013 with the corruption monkey firmly glued to their back. NASWA tried their best to beat anti-corruption drums. I say they failed to convince nobody. I also suggest a possible reason for this; the alternative was not or did not appear clean or capable of doing any better.

MOAS may explain RVGEMA numbers but outside this bloc something else gives. If tribalism blinded their core bloc to corruption, what did this outside the bloc?

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »
MOAS said that the small tribal chiefs convinced these others to vote Jubilee. Ill be honest and admit I DONT believe that Kisiis voted for Uhuru in those large numbers. It does not compute with my experience or that of any Kisii I know. Dont know how it happened, but something stinky went on Kisii. I dont want to lie about my positions to win an argument so Ill just state that out right. Another possible reason: fatigue and despair, the belief that no matter what we do "watachukua" or "wataiba" kama last time (Ive heard this from a few ever since 2013) so they settle for small tokens they get like the PEV victims compensation or for "winner bragging rights". These are all guesses.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 11:52:46 AM »
MOAS said that the small tribal chiefs convinced these others to vote Jubilee. Ill be honest and admit I DONT believe that Kisiis voted for Uhuru in those large numbers. It does not compute with my experience or that of any Kisii I know. Dont know how it happened, but something stinky went on Kisii. I dont want to lie about my positions to win an argument so Ill just state that out right. Another possible reason: fatigue and despair, the belief that no matter what we do "watachukua" or "wataiba" kama last time (Ive heard this from a few ever since 2013) so they settle for small tokens they get like the PEV victims compensation or for "winner bragging rights". These are all guesses.
I spent the last one year fighting Railaphobia and I managed to convince some. Of all GEMA,Okoyu are the most affected though I found the same among Luhyas and even Kambas. But many just take it without critically examining it. It is easier to make assumptions than think through beliefs. So by initiating critical thinking, I exposed Railaphobia as shaky. Of course I was not successful all the times

It's similarly possible that your  assumptions that Uhuru was wildly unpopular in Kisii blinded you. He fell out with Ongeri,Ruto has not been forgiven,IDPs manenoz, zero maendeleo......but was it so?

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that you may have failed to rigorously test your assumptions.

In 2013, I watched Prof Adams Oloo wax lyrically how Baba  would bag a huge chunk of Meru. He had 'history' to back him up. Of course he failed. NASWA made 10 trips (i heard) to Meru trying to realize their beliefs. Of course they got nothing. Even Njuri Ncheke of nipate.com, a Merian was almost convinced NASWA would harvest. They failed.

I think they exaggerated Meru grievances, and then went on on a vain charm offensive. Meru are probably as happy in Jubilee as Gatundu, Uhunye's backyard.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
Well, maybe you are right. But that result from kisii is the thing that had me raise my eye brow and kept it raised. Maybe I dont know my tribesmates as well. Who knows at this point? Kenyans are a puzzle to me now.

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »
One of the security guards where I stay is Kisii. He was an ODM supporter until his wife suffered serious complications during childbirth, needing to undergo a caesarian etc. it's instead of paying a minimum of 40k, he paid practically nothing. Over the past year he's been a very vocal supporter.

I bet Matiang'i had something to do with the support too. Also Jubilee made a lot of low-key forays in the region, led by Sakaja.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »
I spent the last one year fighting Railaphobia and I managed to convince some. Of all GEMA,Okoyu are the most affected though I found the same among Luhyas and even Kambas. But many just take it without critically examining it. It is easier to make assumptions than think through beliefs. So by initiating critical thinking, I exposed Railaphobia as shaky. Of course I was not successful all the times

It's similarly possible that your  assumptions that Uhuru was wildly unpopular in Kisii blinded you. He fell out with Ongeri,Ruto has not been forgiven,IDPs manenoz, zero maendeleo......but was it so?

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that you may have failed to rigorously test your assumptions.

In 2013, I watched Prof Adams Oloo wax lyrically how Baba  would bag a huge chunk of Meru. He had 'history' to back him up. Of course he failed. NASWA made 10 trips (i heard) to Meru trying to realize their beliefs. Of course they got nothing. Even Njuri Ncheke of nipate.com, a Merian was almost convinced NASWA would harvest. They failed.

I think they exaggerated Meru grievances, and then went on on a vain charm offensive. Meru are probably as happy in Jubilee as Gatundu, Uhunye's backyard.

Why would you - a Jubilee diehard - fight 'Railaphobia' for a year?? Unless you work for one of those do-good NGOs. You're pulling our leg.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 01:59:28 PM »
....it's open season for manufacturing all sorts of excuses;
1. He was rigged out
2. Jubilee used state coffers and government officials to campaign
3. Babu was sabotaged by NIS,KDF,KBC,KAM....
4. Babu is surrounded by silly inept sycophants like Nyongo,Midiwo...
5. Age is catching up with Babu
6. Babu is a divisive character never forgiven for 1982 coup...he looks vindictive
7. Babu's Unga Revolution was stillborn
8. Some NASA Principals were NIS/Jubilee moles
9. Babu was cursed

Whatever reasons you come up with, temper them with realism and bloody honesty.

I have for instance noticed Babu's Luo fans rarely if ever blame him for anything. The closest they get is blaming silly Luos around him but not him. It just can't be Babu's fault for anything be it botched primaries,corruption....

Pastor vooke - your overhead conjectures are wrong. We the NASA flock were all misinformed - Raila is not Joshua, he is Moses. Ruto is Joshua. You see, we are right on the money to Canaan.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »
Robina,
I am no Jubilant, I just don't like Baba

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 03:59:15 PM »
It was TOTALLY manufactured.

My prediction was ... ok... a believable figure would be something like..

UK - 55%

RAO - 44%

However in reality... commensurate to Jubilee's campaigning.. the results were likely..

UK - 37%

RAO - 42%

...with a poor turn out.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »
Robina,

And so you fought Railaphobia for a year... :o as my fish basked in the sun.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »
Robina,

Railaphobia is irrational fear of Babu. I said I don't particularly like him. I don't like Mbadi, I like Gumboand so forth

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »
Robina,

Railaphobia is irrational fear of Babu. I said I don't particularly like him. I don't like Mbadi, I like Gumboand so forth

Right. After basking my fish popped right into the pond. I could be wrong but I think they are still wet.