Author Topic: Brynn, You Want To Do This  (Read 11595 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Brynn, You Want To Do This
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
I have to excuse Brynn and her lack of social skills. She thinks anyone who looks at her wants to marry her.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
Veri
I've actually learnt a lot of social skills on these forums. I don't befriend stupid people offline, they won't add to my life as I've learnt from the forums. That includes certain types of Kenyans.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
Brynn, this isn't real life.

I had to literally hold me eyeballs wide open today while they yapped about genetic testing, gene technology, screening etc. today. 9-5PM. Can you imagine how torturous that was for me? The last time I was present at a function 9-5 or commitment of any sort 9-5 was NEVER. People around me were scribbling madly like their lives depended on it. Question time. SHUUUUUTT UP. Some staff and students yap forever. They all have mental disorders. Who's in charge of genetic testing? asked a student. Who the F CARES I wanted to scream. GOOGLE IT YOU MF. Stop wasting my time. The educator quips: the state govt. He scribbles it down in his notebook. What a wanker.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
Follow us on Twitter said the educator. .. I'd rather follow a cat.

Offline Kichwa Mbaya

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »
Veri, that was hilarious.  I feel the same way at some of my meetings.

Brynn, this isn't real life.

I had to literally hold me eyeballs wide open today while they yapped about genetic testing, gene technology, screening etc. today. 9-5PM. Can you imagine how torturous that was for me? The last time I was present at a function 9-5 or commitment of any sort 9-5 was NEVER. People around me were scribbling madly like their lives depended on it. Question time. SHUUUUUTT UP. Some staff and students yap forever. They all have mental disorders. Who's in charge of genetic testing? asked a student. Who the F CARES I wanted to scream. GOOGLE IT YOU MF. Stop wasting my time. The educator quips: the state govt. He scribbles it down in his notebook. What a wanker.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »
lol! You crack me up.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
Hey Kichy, exactly my point.

Brynn, how was your day?

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
Good to know Kichwa exercises, you didnt strike me as such.  :D Last time I took a cold shower was in 1996....I cant ven begin to imagine how that would feel...
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 04:04:10 PM »
Hi Mya88, I am actually a fitness fanatic.  I just started this cold shower thing a week ago and exactly like Termie says, its hard the first time, and the next time, then it gets easier and easier.  Try to direct the cold water to your head especially the back of your head  for the full effect and benefit.  Here is some cut and paste  explanation:

"When you work out, your heart pumps faster in order to meet the increased requirements of energy of your body. In response, muscle might not receive as much oxygen as they do when you are not exercising. Physical activity also takes away from your energy reserves and this leads to the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles. This acid is the reason why you feel the burn after working out. A cold shower is going to slow down your heart rate, so there will be no extra blood pumped in the muscles. They will have the chance to recover and to release the lactic acid they accumulated.

Aside from normalizing blood flow and eliminating lactic acid, cold shower after workout can help you reduce muscular inflammation. This often occurs because during workouts your muscles get slightly torn. The cold will make it go away. If you also enjoy a massage after your cold shower you will also relax all your muscles and feel great."

Good to know Kichwa exercises, you didnt strike me as such.  :D Last time I took a cold shower was in 1996....I cant ven begin to imagine how that would feel...

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »
Termie, I have no idea what you are trying to tell Brynn about cold showers, but since you mentioned cold shower, they are very good for quick muscle recovery after a work out.  Science backs it up. Google it.

Good idea, might have to try it too. Thanks for the info.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
I think you guys just need to sort of tone down the cold shower thing.. it's making me uncomfortable imagining cold splashes pelting xtreme nakedness.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »
Termie, I have no idea what you are trying to tell Brynn about cold showers, but since you mentioned cold shower, they are very good for quick muscle recovery after a work out.  Science backs it up. Google it.

Good idea, might have to try it too. Thanks for the info.
Consider it like a treatment.  I take it every morning after working out and before I go to bed.  It leaves a refreshing positive feeling.

Granted it takes a certain type of discipline to stick to it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »
I think you guys just need to sort of tone down the cold shower thing.. it's making me uncomfortable imagining cold splashes pelting xtreme nakedness.
Hehehe...here is what will shock you.  I find it easier to do it in the winter than in the summer.  Something about the temperature differential.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »
Thanks Termie i will try it. Between why have most of you guys removed your avatars? You, Brynn, Veritas etc. Anything i should be warned of?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »
Termy..  :o

Ole, mine back up. I was fiddling around with different avatars the other day..

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »
Termy..  :o

Ole, mine back up. I was fiddling around with different avatars the other day..

Oh yes i see it now. Thanks.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »
Hi Mya88, I am actually a fitness fanatic.  I just started this cold shower thing a week ago and exactly like Termie says, its hard the first time, and the next time, then it gets easier and easier.  Try to direct the cold water to your head especially the back of your head  for the full effect and benefit.  Here is some cut and paste  explanation:

"When you work out, your heart pumps faster in order to meet the increased requirements of energy of your body. In response, muscle might not receive as much oxygen as they do when you are not exercising. Physical activity also takes away from your energy reserves and this leads to the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles. This acid is the reason why you feel the burn after working out. A cold shower is going to slow down your heart rate, so there will be no extra blood pumped in the muscles. They will have the chance to recover and to release the lactic acid they accumulated.

Aside from normalizing blood flow and eliminating lactic acid, cold shower after workout can help you reduce muscular inflammation. This often occurs because during workouts your muscles get slightly torn. The cold will make it go away. If you also enjoy a massage after your cold shower you will also relax all your muscles and feel great."

Thats quiet interesting Kichwa. While I am not a fitness fanatic, I do exercise regularly because with the kind of lifestyle we live...its become almost a necessity. That cold shower thing , if it can help with the muscle aches i get after working out, I am willing to try it out but very very sloooowly. Maybe I will start with feet and legs first for a while since I cannot get my hair wet. Last time I tried Termi's Quinoa (sp) and found out it tasted like nothingness, so I ditched it. Since you are endorsing this one... will try it out.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »

Thats quiet interesting Kichwa. While I am not a fitness fanatic, I do exercise regularly because with the kind of lifestyle we live...its become almost a necessity. That cold shower thing , if it can help with the muscle aches i get after working out, I am willing to try it out but very very sloooowly. Maybe I will start with feet and legs first for a while since I cannot get my hair wet. Last time I tried Termi's Quinoa (sp) and found out it tasted like nothingness, so I ditched it. Since you are endorsing this one... will try it out.
Good things don't come easy.  If I memory serves me right, Kichwa endorsed quinoa too.

Harriet Tubman