Author Topic: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic  (Read 14078 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2020, 06:20:25 PM »
She is not being misquoted if the quote includes everything she said about the subject and is verbatim no less.  Nothing added.  Nothing left out.  No paraphrase.  No emphasis.  With video to wit. 

Fauci’s clarification is helpful.  Your immediate cause of death may be a heart attack, but you don’t get it if you don’t have respiratory distress caused by covid-19.  Fair point.

The Italians are taking a different approach.  You don’t die of a heart attack if you don’t have a pre-existing heart condition, even if you had covid-19.  So they emphasize that.

The US is emphasizing the role of covid-19, while Italy emphasizes comorbidities.  A case could be made for either approach.  But it complicates any comparisons one may want carry out between the two situations.

I still think, not enough information is being gathered and shared, to put those numbers(the US) in context.  Specifically about the sick and dying who tested negative for covid-19.  I doubt we will be able to get a picture of the overall effect of covid-19 on the healthy population anytime soon.

She is misquoted in the sense that her words are taken to mean the opposite of what she is saying even after repeating it the next day. The portion I highlighted is what is being thrown around on its own.

By who?  I don't see it on this thread.

We can only tell the ‘overall effect’ if we tested everyone. That’s not happening any time soon. This means case fatality  rate is likely to be overstated and its variance across countries may boil down to, among others, testing.

Regarding the data you believe would put Covid-19 figures in context, I think there is enough data on daily deaths. Covid-19 is far from the #1 killer but it can easily get there if the infected cases hits millions,or so the argument goes. That plus the resources expended in managing the 8% or so of the infected who get critical

I found data on total(not daily) deaths from the interactive CDC app I linked to somewhere on this thread. 

What did I not find?  Data on the number of people tested for covid-19.  Only data on the number of people who tested positive.  We don't have an overstated rate.  We just don't have any rate.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
She is not being misquoted if the quote includes everything she said about the subject and is verbatim no less.  Nothing added.  Nothing left out.  No paraphrase.  No emphasis.  With video to wit. 

Fauci’s clarification is helpful.  Your immediate cause of death may be a heart attack, but you don’t get it if you don’t have respiratory distress caused by covid-19.  Fair point.

The Italians are taking a different approach.  You don’t die of a heart attack if you don’t have a pre-existing heart condition, even if you had covid-19.  So they emphasize that.

The US is emphasizing the role of covid-19, while Italy emphasizes comorbidities.  A case could be made for either approach.  But it complicates any comparisons one may want carry out between the two situations.

I still think, not enough information is being gathered and shared, to put those numbers(the US) in context.  Specifically about the sick and dying who tested negative for covid-19.  I doubt we will be able to get a picture of the overall effect of covid-19 on the healthy population anytime soon.

She is misquoted in the sense that her words are taken to mean the opposite of what she is saying even after repeating it the next day. The portion I highlighted is what is being thrown around on its own.

We can only tell the ‘overall effect’ if we tested everyone. That’s not happening any time soon. This means case fatality  rate is likely to be overstated and its variance across countries may boil down to, among others, testing.

Regarding the data you believe would put Covid-19 figures in context, I think there is enough data on daily deaths. Covid-19 is far from the #1 killer but it can easily get there if the infected cases hits millions,or so the argument goes. That plus the resources expended in managing the 8% or so of the infected who get critical

I found data on total(not daily) deaths from the interactive CDC app I linked to somewhere on this thread. 

What did I not find?  Data on the number of people tested for covid-19.  Only data on the number of people who tested positive.  We don't have an overstated rate.  We just don't have any rate.

Fox groupies et all have been pushing the narrative that the deaths are overstated. Garliv picked this up from there. They quoted her and focussed on that specific part. He shared the link from Realpolitik believing it supports his claims while it doesn’t.

Data on tests is right here:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2020, 07:10:34 PM »

Fox groupies et all have been pushing the narrative that the deaths are overstated. Garliv picked this up from there. They quoted her and focussed on that specific part. He shared the link from Realpolitik believing it supports his claims while it doesn’t.

Muchisimas thanks.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2020, 09:53:40 PM »
Repeating just to stress the point. Corona is the new climate change. Everything man can lay hands on, kitchen sink and all, is heaped on that skunk and called names.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2020, 03:37:45 PM »
It is easy to keep on labeling everything you don't agree with as Conspiracy Theory. It is an easy route for those who have no facts to prove their claims.  I don't mind but facts are facts.

Even our very own Kagwe CS recently announced that someone had died in Mombasa and death attributed to Covid-19. What was interesting was that Kagwe story is that the patient had been admitted with several serious medical issues and it was only AFTER DEATH that he was tested for Covid-19 and turned out positive. Therefore the death was recorded as caused by Covid-19. If it's being conspiratorial to ask why such a death is attributable to Covid-19 and not other causes which were known to exist, then am proud to be conspiratorial. Again, according to the CS the first casualty was a 66yrs old male suffering from diabetes. No other details were released on how serious his diabetic condition was nor any other info. But at the age of 66yrs with diabetes even a "normal flu" or even a wound can be lead to a lot of health complications. The other youngster was aged 6yrs? but had been admitted to hospital cause of pneumonia and underlying conditions (which i understood were from birth). Again Covid-19 was said to be the cause. While such deaths are regrettable, it doesn't justify the measures taken. This is why i agree with your assertion that "African governments are burning the house to rid of Mosquito.." And I go further and say the whole damn world (or at least majority parts ) have gone mad. The fear mongering and the hold it has on several parts of the world is simply incredible. 

In Italy even their own scientist advisor on health  to the PM (I think it may be equivalent of our Director General Dr. Amoth) stated that only 12% of reported deaths were directly attributable to Covid-19. In that it was only in those 12% cases where the patient did not have other underlying conditions (comorbidity). But then that has not stopped media hype to keep on harping about Italy. And yet further research shows this is not the first time Italy had been overwhelmed by "flu/pneumonia" during Europe's Flu/winter season.

You try to defend Dr. Birx while words were very clear. And any other clarification she made ended up being a distinction without a difference. Yea, and that if it "causes ACUTE Death...." then it's covid-19. Very clear as hell.

Here's a State Senator who's also a duly qualified Doctor in Minnesota. He received directions on how to fill death certificates (He says this is the first time he has ever been coached how to fill death certificates) that laboratory tests are not necessary for Covid-19 to be stated as cause of death. Is he also like me a Conspiracy Theorist?

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/misc/Sen-Dr-Jensens-Shocking-Admission-About-Coronavirus-569458361.html

He was also on Fox News like 2 days ago dismissing CDC guidelines on Covid-19 death Counts. If you dismiss anyone who questions such guidelines as Conspiracy Theorists (which Fauci did), The Senator/Doctor said

"I would remind him that anytime health care intersects with dollars it gets awkward," Jensen said.

"Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you’ll get paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, you get $39,000; three times as much. Nobody can tell me, after 35 years in the world of medicine, that sometimes those kinds of things [have] impact on what we do.

"Some physicians really have a bent towards public health and they will put down influenza or whatever because that’s their preference," Jensen added. "I try to stay very specific, very precise. If I know I’ve got pneumonia, that’s what’s going on the death certificate. I’m not going to add stuff just because it’s convenient."

My point is which have been all along is that nothing is as clear cut in this Covid-19 Pandemic. That we have to scour through deaths data or manipulate how deaths are usually recorded  to "confirm" deaths from COVID-19 pandemic clearly shows THIS IS NOT A PANDEMIC. In the sense it has led to closure of economies and suspension of people lives and ushered in dictatorial rule where even how to breathe has to be dictated by the government. And enforced.
The elderly and those with serious underlying health issues ARE NORMALLY VULNERABLE TO ANY OTHER DISEASE/VIRUS/BACTERIA and Covid-19 is not SPECIAL in that regard.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

But then all of these are conspiracies and believe in wild stuffs.

I repeat again. You are either a moron or just plain stupid. When someone is on a deathbed suffering, the disease that attacks last is the killer. In plain language if some robber came to your house and shot and killed you, the robber is the killer not the disease that kept you homebound for years. I hope you get it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:15:34 PM by Georgesoros »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
It is easy to keep on labeling everything you don't agree with as Conspiracy Theory. It is an easy route for those who have no facts to prove their claims.  I don't mind but facts are facts.

Even our very own Kagwe CS recently announced that someone had died in Mombasa and death attributed to Covid-19. What was interesting was that Kagwe story is that the patient had been admitted with several serious medical issues and it was only AFTER DEATH that he was tested for Covid-19 and turned out positive. Therefore the death was recorded as caused by Covid-19. If it's being conspiratorial to ask why such a death is attributable to Covid-19 and not other causes which were known to exist, then am proud to be conspiratorial. Again, according to the CS the first casualty was a 66yrs old male suffering from diabetes. No other details were released on how serious his diabetic condition was nor any other info. But at the age of 66yrs with diabetes even a "normal flu" or even a wound can be lead to a lot of health complications. The other youngster was aged 6yrs? but had been admitted to hospital cause of pneumonia and underlying conditions (which i understood were from birth). Again Covid-19 was said to be the cause. While such deaths are regrettable, it doesn't justify the measures taken. This is why i agree with your assertion that "African governments are burning the house to rid of Mosquito.." And I go further and say the whole damn world (or at least majority parts ) have gone mad. The fear mongering and the hold it has on several parts of the world is simply incredible. 

In Italy even their own scientist advisor on health  to the PM (I think it may be equivalent of our Director General Dr. Amoth) stated that only 12% of reported deaths were directly attributable to Covid-19. In that it was only in those 12% cases where the patient did not have other underlying conditions (comorbidity). But then that has not stopped media hype to keep on harping about Italy. And yet further research shows this is not the first time Italy had been overwhelmed by "flu/pneumonia" during Europe's Flu/winter season.

You try to defend Dr. Birx while words were very clear. And any other clarification she made ended up being a distinction without a difference. Yea, and that if it "causes ACUTE Death...." then it's covid-19. Very clear as hell.

Here's a State Senator who's also a duly qualified Doctor in Minnesota. He received directions on how to fill death certificates (He says this is the first time he has ever been coached how to fill death certificates) that laboratory tests are not necessary for Covid-19 to be stated as cause of death. Is he also like me a Conspiracy Theorist?

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/misc/Sen-Dr-Jensens-Shocking-Admission-About-Coronavirus-569458361.html

He was also on Fox News like 2 days ago dismissing CDC guidelines on Covid-19 death Counts. If you dismiss anyone who questions such guidelines as Conspiracy Theorists (which Fauci did), The Senator/Doctor said

"I would remind him that anytime health care intersects with dollars it gets awkward," Jensen said.

"Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you’ll get paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, you get $39,000; three times as much. Nobody can tell me, after 35 years in the world of medicine, that sometimes those kinds of things [have] impact on what we do.

"Some physicians really have a bent towards public health and they will put down influenza or whatever because that’s their preference," Jensen added. "I try to stay very specific, very precise. If I know I’ve got pneumonia, that’s what’s going on the death certificate. I’m not going to add stuff just because it’s convenient."

My point is which have been all along is that nothing is as clear cut in this Covid-19 Pandemic. That we have to scour through deaths data or manipulate how deaths are usually recorded  to "confirm" deaths from COVID-19 pandemic clearly shows THIS IS NOT A PANDEMIC. In the sense it has led to closure of economies and suspension of people lives and ushered in dictatorial rule where even how to breathe has to be dictated by the government. And enforced.
The elderly and those with serious underlying health issues ARE NORMALLY VULNERABLE TO ANY OTHER DISEASE/VIRUS/BACTERIA and Covid-19 is not SPECIAL in that regard.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

Fox groupies this time a Republican first and a doctor second.

Ever read CDC sources themselves or do you wait until Trumptards put a spin to them?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/covid-19.htm

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »

Ever read CDC sources themselves or do you wait until Trumptards put a spin to them?

Why is this link a relevant response to the previous post?  I am trying to follow.  I agree Garliv has a penchant for conspiracies - IMO not relevant in this case though.  In your own words, after reading a book, you believe demonstration of “facts” is the way to go.  But your response, without contextualizing it, just looks like a red herring.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2020, 06:15:39 PM »

I repeat again. You are either a moron or just plain stupid. When someone is on a deathbed suffering, the disease that attacks last is the killer. In plain language if some robber came to your house and shot and killed you, the robber is the killer not the disease that kept you homebound for years. I hope you get it.

The bold part.  Have you confirmed if it is true(beyond just being said by the doctor)?

It goes without saying that money can indeed incentivize  certain behavior.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2020, 07:04:06 PM »

The bold part.  Have you confirmed if it is true(beyond just being said by the doctor)?

My comment was meant for Galiv. Stupid as an ass.
Bitmask - you know one can lose their license if they are found to intentionally fudge the cause of death. Cause of death has many implications eg - how life insurance is paid being one of them.

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2020, 07:37:35 PM »

My comment was meant for Galiv. Stupid as an ass.
Bitmask - you know one can lose their license if they are found to intentionally fudge the cause of death. Cause of death has many implications eg - how life insurance is paid being one of them.

I think you had accidentally merged your response into his.  I just noticed that.  My response was actually meant for Garliv too.

I am sure there are some checks and balances that make some of his claims dubious at best.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2020, 08:18:46 PM »

He was also on Fox News like 2 days ago dismissing CDC guidelines on Covid-19 death Counts. If you dismiss anyone who questions such guidelines as Conspiracy Theorists (which Fauci did),

Why is this link a relevant response to the previous post?  I am trying to follow.  I agree Garliv has a penchant for conspiracies - IMO not relevant in this case though.  In your own words, after reading a book, you believe demonstration of “facts” is the way to go.  But your response, without contextualizing it, just looks like a red herring.

Because he is regurgitating the same thing; deaths from other causes are being wrongly attributed to Covid-19 because of CDC’s guidelines.

This link is guidance in certifying death
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

PART 1
This section on the death certificate is for reporting the sequence of conditions that led directly to death. The immediate cause of death, which is the disease or condition that directly preceded death and is not necessarily the underlying cause of death (UCOD), should be reported on line a. The conditions that led to the immediate cause of death should be reported in a logical sequence in terms of time and etiology below it.
The UCOD, which is “(a) the disease or injury which initiated the train of morbid events leading directly to death or (b) the circumstances of the accident or violence which produced the fatal injury” (7), should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I...

Certifying deaths due to COVID–19
If COVID–19 played a role in the death, this condition should be specified on the death certificate. In many cases, it is likely that it will be the UCOD, as it can lead to various life- threatening conditions, such as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). In these cases, COVID–19 should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I with the other conditions to which it gave rise listed on the lines above it.

This one is on reporting death:
It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. Other terminology, e.g., SARS-CoV-2, can be used as long as it is clear that it indicates the 2019 coronavirus strain, but we would prefer use of WHO’s standard terminology, e.g., COVID-19. Specification of the causal pathway leading to death in Part I of the certificate is also important. For example, in cases when COVID-19 causes pneumonia and fatal respiratory distress, both pneumonia and respiratory distress should be included along with COVID-19 in Part I.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-1-Guidance-for-Certifying-COVID-19-Deaths.pdf

What I expected Garliv to demonstrate is how inadequate these guidelines are so much that they lead to overstatement of deaths, other than relying on assertions by Republicans or Trump apologists. He could also demonstrate how these guidelines differ from those of other diseases

The bit about Medicare, I can’t verify that but from what I read it all boils down to whether one is insured or not. I think it was part of Trump’s stimulus. That bit needs verification but I wonder how hospitals benefit from overstating deaths even if this were the case. Are they paid more for Covid-19 deaths?

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2020, 10:11:39 PM »
1. You call others conspiracy theorists but then you consider anything and everybody from Republican Party as a liar and must be  making up claims. Very progressive. While you are at it, you can read or listen to the said Dr. Jensen and point out where he's lying. He also explains what he finds objectionable. I would provide further links with other even apolitical doctors but it will be wasted on you.

2. You claim the disease one get last before they die is indicated as the cause of death. So let me ask; if one is determined to be suffering from HIV/AIDS, and the last disease to infect him is flu or gangrene what's indicated as death in such a case. Again one has prostrate cancer but last disease he's diagnosed with is say pneumonia or TB, what's indicated as cause of death?

3. Even the parts you quote as CDC guidelines clearly says "Covid-19 should be indicated as cause of death even where it is ASSUMED to have caused or contributed.."
If you don't find anything questionable there then no need to argue with you in this regard. Kindly consult a doctor who has actually been filling out cause of death. CDC has always emphasized SPECIFICITY but assumption is enough in case of Corona. Extend that further and ask What's the need for CDC to issue new guidelines for registering deaths when doctors/pathologists have been doing these stuffs for years, decades even? Is there anything that would compel them to have new guidelines for Covid-19? I personally cannot apart from just bureaucratic excitement for something "considered new..." But then maybe am a bit conspiratorial.

Because he is regurgitating the same thing; deaths from other causes are being wrongly attributed to Covid-19 because of CDC’s guidelines.

PART 1
This section on the death certificate is for reporting the sequence of conditions that led directly to death. The immediate cause of death, which is the disease or condition that directly preceded death and is not necessarily the underlying cause of death (UCOD), should be reported on line a. The conditions that led to the immediate cause of death should be reported in a logical sequence in terms of time and etiology below it.
The UCOD, which is “(a) the disease or injury which initiated the train of morbid events leading directly to death or (b) the circumstances of the accident or violence which produced the fatal injury” (7), should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I...

If COVID–19 played a role in the death, this condition should be specified on the death certificate. In many cases, it is likely that it will be the UCOD, as it can lead to various life- threatening conditions, such as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). In these cases, COVID–19 should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I with the other conditions to which it gave rise listed on the lines above it.

It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. Other terminology, e.g., SARS-CoV-2, can be used as long as it is clear that it indicates the 2019 coronavirus strain, but we would prefer use of WHO’s standard terminology, e.g., COVID-19. Specification of the causal pathway leading to death in Part I of the certificate is also important. For example, in cases when COVID-19 causes pneumonia and fatal respiratory distress, both pneumonia and respiratory distress should be included along with COVID-19 in Part I.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-1-Guidance-for-Certifying-COVID-19-Deaths.pdf

What I expected Garliv to demonstrate is how inadequate these guidelines are so much that they lead to overstatement of deaths, other than relying on assertions by Republicans or Trump apologists. He could also demonstrate how these guidelines differ from those of other diseases

The bit about Medicare, I can’t verify that but from what I read it all boils down to whether one is insured or not. I think it was part of Trump’s stimulus. That bit needs verification but I wonder how hospitals benefit from overstating deaths even if this were the case. Are they paid more for Covid-19 deaths?

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2020, 10:33:55 PM »
Here's an epidemiologist who thinks Covid-19 isn't a big deal and people should be let to mingle so as to attain herd immunity and move on.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/epidemiologist-coronavirus-could-be-exterminated-if-lockdowns-were-lifted/

Asked about Anthony Fauci, the White House medical expert who for weeks has been predicting significant numbers of COVID-19 deaths in America as well as major ongoing disruptions to daily life possibly for years, Wittkowski replied: “Well, I’m not paid by the government, so I’m entitled to actually do science.”[/u]

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »
I see the argument Galiv is making. Lots of sense as usual. I wonder why Vooke and Bitmask are missing it.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2020, 12:16:24 AM »
Here's an epidemiologist who thinks Covid-19 isn't a big deal and people should be let to mingle so as to attain herd immunity and move on.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/epidemiologist-coronavirus-could-be-exterminated-if-lockdowns-were-lifted/

Asked about Anthony Fauci, the White House medical expert who for weeks has been predicting significant numbers of COVID-19 deaths in America as well as major ongoing disruptions to daily life possibly for years, Wittkowski replied: “Well, I’m not paid by the government, so I’m entitled to actually do science.”[/u]

Oh my... I was right!!!
Herd immunity is achieved when everyone is immune to the disease. A vaccine or plasma can make that possible, but nothing yet. Letting the disease kill everyone in order to achieve immunity is a Trump idea.
Keep reading dumb articles so that you can be dumber..

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2020, 12:21:06 AM »

Oh my...
Herd immunity is achieved when everyone is immune to the disease. A vaccine or plasma can make that possible, but nothing yet. Letting the disease kill everyone in order to achieve immunity is a Trump idea. What this "epidemiologist" does not take into consideration is that when people get sick they go to already crowded hospitals, leaving them unable to cope. So basically there is no system that can take 10k dead every day for 4 weeks.

• Enigma
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2020, 02:27:51 AM »

Can you show me where I can find this information about medicare payments?  The doctor may have said it.  But is it something that can be confirmed independently?

I too find Fauci unsettling.  Just for having been in that position since 1984.  36 years.  He is a politician first, a shill for pharma second, possibly immunologist in his spare time.  He is pushing for mandatory vaccination, testing and certificates of immunity or America may never be the same.  A garden variety dangerous guy IMO without even having to go the conspiracy route. 

But that doesn't mean the guy pushing for herd immunity is right.  Fauci sounds reasonable given the premise that covid-19 is highly contagious and deadly.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2020, 04:25:40 AM »
Zero rebuttal

Covid-19 is ASSUMED to have caused death where one is not tested but exhibit signs. These deaths are reported separately from CONFIRMED figures. It's a good thing I got you reading the actual guidelines.

Your second point is addressed in the guidelines. Read further on Underlying Cause of Death (UCOD), check the example they gave of a death certificate. There is no confusion whatsoever and what's more, you could replace Covid-29 with any other disease in the certifying of death. Point is, the guidelines are consistent from Covid-19 to other causes of death. So it's either the US has been mixing up causes of death for years, or Covid-19 deaths are not special as you claim.

And yes, Fox is notoriously unreliable and a hotbet of the most asinine conspiracy theories which Trump runs with.

Why new guidelines. You have a new disease in town. They even added a code for it . Maybe the only difference is the reporting levels,which makes sense as they need as much data as possible on the rapidly evolving situation/pandemic. You can't demonstrate how different the guidelines are from those of other diseases are because there is no difference

1. You call others conspiracy theorists but then you consider anything and everybody from Republican Party as a liar and must be  making up claims. Very progressive. While you are at it, you can read or listen to the said Dr. Jensen and point out where he's lying. He also explains what he finds objectionable. I would provide further links with other even apolitical doctors but it will be wasted on you.

2. You claim the disease one get last before they die is indicated as the cause of death. So let me ask; if one is determined to be suffering from HIV/AIDS, and the last disease to infect him is flu or gangrene what's indicated as death in such a case. Again one has prostrate cancer but last disease he's diagnosed with is say pneumonia or TB, what's indicated as cause of death?

3. Even the parts you quote as CDC guidelines clearly says "Covid-19 should be indicated as cause of death even where it is ASSUMED to have caused or contributed.."
If you don't find anything questionable there then no need to argue with you in this regard. Kindly consult a doctor who has actually been filling out cause of death. CDC has always emphasized SPECIFICITY but assumption is enough in case of Corona. Extend that further and ask What's the need for CDC to issue new guidelines for registering deaths when doctors/pathologists have been doing these stuffs for years, decades even? Is there anything that would compel them to have new guidelines for Covid-19? I personally cannot apart from just bureaucratic excitement for something "considered new..." But then maybe am a bit conspiratorial.

PART 1

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2020, 04:35:43 AM »

This was the trajectory Britain took before being hit by crazy death figures. I'm sure you know that. It's nothing new. But I think I'd agree with the guy  on Africa and not US/EU

While it's good to quote authorities, It's much better to examine what has actually been tested. Experience trumps theory.

You need to be wary of novel 'clever' solutions nobody appears to be following in the entire universe.