Author Topic: I hope Democrats lose - Obama is the biggest fraud  (Read 10189 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: I hope Democrats lose - Obama is the biggest fraud
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2020, 04:44:08 PM »
That sounds like he supported “mass incarceration“ because of money to combat violence against women.  That this money to combat violence against women was part of the package is consistent with the notion that the motivations behind the bill were pure.  Otherwise Bernie would not have voted for it.  Likewise Biden would not have sponsored it.

Fair enough. I still think you're operating under the notion that I think Biden had beef with Black people: I'm not. I just don't think he particularly cared. When it comes to the crime bill, my critique is more that he created damage that Blacks typically punish others for, regardless of motives, so I think the only reason they have not punished him is the media has covered for him.

I think that way because you brought up busing and working with segregationists.  When you say working with segregationists, and gloss over why and his justifications, it seems to suggest malevolent motives towards blacks.

I also shared a link on his history with black Americans in a post on this thread that goes past a time when he could not have possibly known Obama.  Here it is https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/at-a-wilmington-pool-pranks-nicknames-and-the-racial-education-of-joe-biden/2019/07/12/29fcc8fc-a191-11e9-b732-41a79c2551bf_story.html.  You didn't get called Nigger-lover back in the day for not giving a damn about black people.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2020, 04:50:42 PM »
I think that way because you brought up busing and working with segregationists.  When you say working with segregationists, and gloss over why and his justifications, it seems to suggest malevolent motives towards blacks.

I also shared a link on his history with black Americans in a post on this thread that goes past a time when he could not have possibly known Obama.  Here it is https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/at-a-wilmington-pool-pranks-nicknames-and-the-racial-education-of-joe-biden/2019/07/12/29fcc8fc-a191-11e9-b732-41a79c2551bf_story.html.  You didn't get called Nigger-lover back in the day for not giving a damn about black people.

But I didn't gloss over why: I said it was for pragmatical/political reasons; pressure from White constituents. And it's really not an exaggeration to say he worked with segregationists; he wrote them letters seeking support for his anti-busing bills, and they were fond of him—I believe I read one of the worst ones referred to him as a son and Biden was asked to eulogize another. Does it make him like them? No. But it's still not insignificant he went along with them for political reasons: It's fair to test his creds in an election where he's touted as a friend to Black people when his career has many examples of not exactly aligning with their interests.

Ima check out that link.

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2020, 04:51:21 PM »
As you people are making noise about the Dems, Trump in the meantime now has an opponent he cannot tweet away in the name of corana virus. The stocks are going down, the price of oil also heading south. Trump's management of the coming crisis is being tested and he still believes to know more than the CDC scientists on how to manage such a scourge.
The man might not need an democrat to defeat himself.

Unfortunately there are enough sick people in this country to give him a chance of winning.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2020, 04:58:22 PM »

But I didn't gloss over why: I said it was for pragmatical/political reasons; pressure from White constituents. And it's really not an exaggeration to say he worked with segregationists; he wrote them letters seeking support for his anti-busing bills, and they were fond of him—I believe I read one of the worst ones referred to him as a son and Biden was asked to eulogize another. Does it make him like them? No. But it's still not insignificant he went along with them for political reasons: It's fair to test his creds in an election where he's touted as a friend to Black people when his career has many examples of not exactly aligning with their interests.

Ima check out that link.

Those guys were powerful back then.  Looking at him holistically, it's not unreasonable to think he just believed it more pragmatic to work with them.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2020, 09:02:46 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2020, 09:21:52 PM »
Fivethirtyeight predicts Biden is running away with the nomination.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/3-ways-the-next-2-weeks-could-go-even-the-best-case-scenario-for-sanders-doesnt-look-so-great/

It is over. Blacks have hurried our communist

Yep.  I suspect it will be a real beatdown for Bernie in Motown.  I am not sure where he gets his pickings, but they will be slim.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2020, 11:01:10 PM »
It is over for him. It is Biden versus trump to northerners. Biden should pick a Latino from white Latinos in Florida and hopefully flip Florida

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2020, 04:43:53 AM »
If Bernie were a team guy(he is not) he would throw in the towel about now.  Because he won’t win.  But more importantly to place minimization of the spread of coronavirus above his ego.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:46 AM »
If Bernie were a team guy(he is not) he would throw in the towel about now.  Because he won’t win.  But more importantly to place minimization of the spread of coronavirus above his ego.

How incredibly unfair of you. U've already 4gotten supporting the theft of the nomination from the winner when it looked like Bernie was ahead. U guys who jumped on the NeverBernie train should never be caught dead preaching team work ever again, tbh. Bernie has said the opposite about Biden at the convention, unlike Biden when he was behind, and is a better team player than any of u guys by a mile. Re Corona: The DNC should cancel the rest of the primary and make it vote-by-mail only. Putting that on the contestants is topsy turvy.

• Enigma
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2020, 11:14:02 AM »

How incredibly unfair of you. U've already 4gotten supporting the theft of the nomination from the winner when it looked like Bernie was ahead. U guys who jumped on the NeverBernie train should never be caught dead preaching team work ever again, tbh. Bernie has said the opposite about Biden at the convention, unlike Biden when he was behind, and is a better team player than any of u guys by a mile. Re Corona: The DNC should cancel the rest of the primary and make it vote-by-mail only. Putting that on the contestants is topsy turvy.

I have supported bringing this to an end quickly by uniting behind whoever won big, early, even when I believed Bernie was running away with it and Biden dead in the water.  https://nipate.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=cfd547774845931db7889b5f3bd6f1e8&topic=8012.msg70623#msg70623

The scorched earth approach IMO will only leave bigger and more raw divisions to fix close to the general election where Dems don’t have that luxury.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2020, 11:05:00 PM »
A clip of young Biden going off on George Shultz about apartheid from 1986.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2020, 01:48:48 AM »
A clip of young Biden going off on George Shultz about apartheid from 1986.

Wow, I think comes of as a decent human being in that clip. I respect Biden for his stance on apartheid v George Schultz.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.