Author Topic: BBI 2.0 - BBI taskforce extended for yet another term.  (Read 10737 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: BBI 2.0 - BBI taskforce extended for yet another term.
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »
Can't wait to watch this new release of World War Z in lovely spring... foreplay to summer

Uhuru, Ruto allies clash over Jubilee elections

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Uhuru--Ruto-allies-clash-over-Jubilee-Party-elections/3126390-5401524-ievgmjz/index.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »
Kantar is reputable.Jubilee party election like BBI will be another Moment of Truth for UhuRuto.As for those dreaming of BBI 2.0 hiyo ni kicheko biggest.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2019, 09:47:09 PM »
I do not know about #2 but I agree with #4 because its the one attribute that the historians are going to credit for his downfall.  Too much ambition clouds judgment and in this political jungle, it only takes one bad move. He took that move when he threatened Ouru in his own backyard. Raila has made mistakes but they are not fatal and that is why he is still hanging around.  I think Ruto's raw untamed ambition for the presidency was too intense and it alarmed very powerful opponents when he stole too much money.  Even thieves are shaking their heads and offering negative moral judgments on the obscene amount of money he stole from the poor people. Ruto has always risen by holding onto somebody's coat tails be it Moi, Raila or Ouru. This is the only time he is the Mboss and he is stumbling badly.  The only thing propping him up momentarily is the gazillions of money he stole but even that will not last too long. The only issue remaining with Ruto is whether he live to fight again.

Why would there be Soddom and Gomorrah. Ruto has looted enough to finance his ambition - and I think because he is cerebral - he will want to leave a legacy. The way Meles or Kagame killed to get power - is the way Ruto looted to get the power. In kenya without money - you're nothing. In Rwanda or Uganda or many africa countries - without guns and reputation for great violence - you're nothing.

Why do I think Ruto will succeed.
1) He is disciplined and knows how to get stuff done.He has the energy required to get stuff done.This is Uhuru major character flaw.
2) He is brilliant - 1st class degree - Msc & PHD while facing ICC - he rolls out facts & grasp ideas very quickly. This was Moi major handicap.
3) He is a political superstar - so he will handle the politics and stabilize the country. This was Kibaki major handicap.
4) He is very ambitious - nothing ever satisfy Ruto - and want to leave a great legacy. I doubt any of previous PORK have as half Ruto burning ambition to be PORK.

His only major flaw - he will reward himself with 10% and well his other personal failing -  promiscuity - will only affect Rachel :)

MOON Ki the cynic is back. At least we agree on what kind of system we would have under Ruto. Soddom and Gomorrah.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »
Pundit tell your boy to launch that MAD horizon he has been promising

Uhuru will be Exec PM after 2022 poll, says Murathe

MONDAY DECEMBER 30 2019

Former Jubilee Vice-Chairman David Murathe attends Jamhuri Day celebrations at Nyayo National Stadium on December 12, 2019. PHOTO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

President Uhuru Kenyatta will remain in power, but as Executive Prime Minister, after the expiry of his presidential term in 2022, former Jubilee Party vice-chairman David Murathe told the Nation on Sunday, opening a controversial front on the Uhuru succession debate that will raise political temperatures in the coming days.

Mr Murathe said that once the new political dispensation envisaged in the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) report comes into force, Mr Kenyatta will have the right to vie for any post since he will remain the de facto leader of Jubilee Party, and could even claim the proposed post of Prime Minister.

“The only thing the President can’t do is to run for Presidency but, under the new political dispensation envisaged by the BBI team, we anticipate new political formations that will be all-encompassing and inclusive,” said Mr Murathe.

“Nothing stops the President, as the leader of Jubilee, to head the government as the Executive Prime Minister as long as the party remains the largest in Kenya.”

His comments, coming just a day after Jubilee Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju said corrupt members of the party will not be allowed to vie for leadership positions in the New Year, could be interpreted to mean that President Kenyatta intends to retain control of the party and oversee its transition beyond his presidential term.

That, also, will be viewed by politicians allied to Deputy President William Ruto as a blow to his presidential ambitions.

Mr Murathe was categorical about that, saying “sorry” to the Tangatanga brigade that has been clamouring for Jubilee Party elections and cautioning them that the party leader’s post will be reserved for Mr Kenyatta.

It is not clear yet as to whether Mr Ruto wants to assume leadership of Jubilee next year, even though his lieutenants have given that indication in informal gatherings and addresses across the country.

Murathe's interview with the Nation came just a month after the President told Mt Kenya leaders at Sagana State Lodge that he would not mind if a constitutional amendment was done and he became the Prime Minister.

“I do not know the contents of the BBI report yet,” President Kenyatta said in Sagana.

“I hear people claiming I want to become the Prime Minister of Kenya. I wouldn’t mind being in leadership in such a post, although we should deal with the current situation first.”

This is not the first time leaders allied to the President are speaking about the possibility of him remaining in power after the expiry of his term.

Central Organisation of Trade Unions (Cotu) Secretary-General Francis Atwoli was the first to test the waters when he said President Kenyatta will be the next Prime Minister after his term ends in 2022. He was echoed by Nominated MP Maina Kamanda.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Uhuru-will-remain-in-power-after-2022-poll/3126390-5401574-13kw48wz/index.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »
Ruto's rookie mlolongo blunder confirms his hare-brained nature. Doesn't think beyond his nose. We see this in the naive borrow-&-build he championed starting with the SGR where they clumsily copied Kibaki. In his mind the economy should be roaring despite the chasmic debt-vs-return gap. Bloke can't figure why people are crying they are broke despite the "massive growth". So his new strategy is to blame Uhuru which will get him nowhere in Mt Kenya when the opponent is Uhuru. Outside Kikuyu and Kalenjin it is a bad-breath to position himself as a solution to ongoing economic problems.

By fronting Uhuru as PM Raila has checkmated Ruto.

Pundit of course has no issue with the wanton looting. He told us here how the man hits the gym at 4am then office at 5am to surgically, "meticulously" slice 10% from all GoK budgetlines. This simply means he is a very hardworking go-getter.

I do not know about #2 but I agree with #4 because its the one attribute that the historians are going to credit for his downfall.  Too much ambition clouds judgment and in this political jungle, it only takes one bad move. He took that move when he threatened Ouru in his own backyard. Raila has made mistakes but they are not fatal and that is why he is still hanging around.  I think Ruto's raw untamed ambition for the presidency was too intense and it alarmed very powerful opponents when he stole too much money.  Even thieves are shaking their heads and offering negative moral judgments on the obscene amount of money he stole from the poor people. Ruto has always risen by holding onto somebody's coat tails be it Moi, Raila or Ouru. This is the only time he is the Mboss and he is stumbling badly.  The only thing propping him up momentarily is the gazillions of money he stole but even that will not last too long. The only issue remaining with Ruto is whether he live to fight again.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2019, 04:47:47 PM »
Murathe the jobless guy who was forced to resign from Jubilee? or we are talking another Murathe.

MONDAY DECEMBER 30 2019

Former Jubilee Vice-Chairman David Murathe attends Jamhuri Day celebrations at Nyayo National Stadium on December 12, 2019. PHOTO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

President Uhuru Kenyatta will remain in power, but as Executive Prime Minister, after the expiry of his presidential term in 2022, former Jubilee Party vice-chairman David Murathe told the Nation on Sunday, opening a controversial front on the Uhuru succession debate that will raise political temperatures in the coming days.

Mr Murathe said that once the new political dispensation envisaged in the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) report comes into force, Mr Kenyatta will have the right to vie for any post since he will remain the de facto leader of Jubilee Party, and could even claim the proposed post of Prime Minister.

“The only thing the President can’t do is to run for Presidency but, under the new political dispensation envisaged by the BBI team, we anticipate new political formations that will be all-encompassing and inclusive,” said Mr Murathe.

“Nothing stops the President, as the leader of Jubilee, to head the government as the Executive Prime Minister as long as the party remains the largest in Kenya.”

His comments, coming just a day after Jubilee Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju said corrupt members of the party will not be allowed to vie for leadership positions in the New Year, could be interpreted to mean that President Kenyatta intends to retain control of the party and oversee its transition beyond his presidential term.

That, also, will be viewed by politicians allied to Deputy President William Ruto as a blow to his presidential ambitions.

Mr Murathe was categorical about that, saying “sorry” to the Tangatanga brigade that has been clamouring for Jubilee Party elections and cautioning them that the party leader’s post will be reserved for Mr Kenyatta.

It is not clear yet as to whether Mr Ruto wants to assume leadership of Jubilee next year, even though his lieutenants have given that indication in informal gatherings and addresses across the country.

Murathe's interview with the Nation came just a month after the President told Mt Kenya leaders at Sagana State Lodge that he would not mind if a constitutional amendment was done and he became the Prime Minister.

“I do not know the contents of the BBI report yet,” President Kenyatta said in Sagana.

“I hear people claiming I want to become the Prime Minister of Kenya. I wouldn’t mind being in leadership in such a post, although we should deal with the current situation first.”

This is not the first time leaders allied to the President are speaking about the possibility of him remaining in power after the expiry of his term.

Central Organisation of Trade Unions (Cotu) Secretary-General Francis Atwoli was the first to test the waters when he said President Kenyatta will be the next Prime Minister after his term ends in 2022. He was echoed by Nominated MP Maina Kamanda.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Uhuru-will-remain-in-power-after-2022-poll/3126390-5401574-13kw48wz/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2019, 04:49:53 PM »
Jubilee 1.0 was great success story delivered by UhuRuto(mostly the later). It won election in 2017 because they delivered - on basic infrastructure, economy and etc. Jubilee 2.0 is Uhuru solo effort - his legacy is on the rope now. Uhuru popularity has nose-dived because majority think he is doing a bad job running the economy and the country politics. Ruto in the meantime is so popular he is basically running alone in 2022 - the rest would have to merge and coalesce to have some chance. That is beauty of democracy. The minority like Robina have their say - and majority have their way. Remember all opinion polls done post 2017 shows Ruto in unassailable lead. Remember Ruto runs both house of parliament. Remember Ruto is very popular on the ground.

Ruto's rookie mlolongo blunder confirms his hare-brained nature. Doesn't think beyond his nose. We see this in the naive borrow-&-build he championed starting with the SGR where they clumsily copied Kibaki. In his mind the economy should be roaring despite the chasmic debt-vs-return gap. Bloke can't figure why people are crying they are broke despite the "massive growth". So his new strategy is to blame Uhuru which will get him nowhere in Mt Kenya when the opponent is Uhuru. Outside Kikuyu and Kalenjin it is a bad-breath to position himself as a solution to ongoing economic problems.

By fronting Uhuru as PM Raila has checkmated Ruto.

Pundit of course has no issue with the wanton looting. He told us here how the man hits the gym at 4am then office at 5am to surgically, "meticulously" slice 10% from all GoK budgetlines. This simply means he is a very hardworking go-getter.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2019, 10:31:28 PM »
Murathe is Uhuru parrot - Jomo Gecaga text him what to say next. Of course he is not jobless - he was redeployed to fight Ruto. In party register he is still JP vice chairman. He work from Ichaweri. Why would he rant "Uhuru will be PM" if not to signal the owner's intent?

Murathe the jobless guy who was forced to resign from Jubilee? or we are talking another Murathe.

MONDAY DECEMBER 30 2019

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »
Jubilee 1.0 was "successful" because the chicken had not come home to roost. It was the spend time after taking huge loans. Now it pay time hence the cash crunch.

Ruto is popular for running ALONE - noone else has declared their intent except Mdvd and Cobra. He is "popular" mainly in RV and Mt Kenya - against Raila who has not declared. Of course we know head-to-head with Raila in non-Gema - the record of 2013 and 2017 is not good. Raila will wipw the floor with him like Kibra. In Mt Kenya - against Uhuru for PM - he is DOA.

Saying Ruto is leading Mdvd and Cobra at 40% - while we can see there will be no PORK to be won :) - is big joke. At least Raila 2010 was leading 48% against known competitors facing Hague.

Jubilee 1.0 was great success story delivered by UhuRuto(mostly the later). It won election in 2017 because they delivered - on basic infrastructure, economy and etc. Jubilee 2.0 is Uhuru solo effort - his legacy is on the rope now. Uhuru popularity has nose-dived because majority think he is doing a bad job running the economy and the country politics. Ruto in the meantime is so popular he is basically running alone in 2022 - the rest would have to merge and coalesce to have some chance. That is beauty of democracy. The minority like Robina have their say - and majority have their way. Remember all opinion polls done post 2017 shows Ruto in unassailable lead. Remember Ruto runs both house of parliament. Remember Ruto is very popular on the ground.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »
Pundit I know you're a snoring drunk right now. It more realistic for you to beat the alcoholism than Ruto to win power. :)

The closest we have had of a direct Ruto vs Raila combat is 2010, 13, 17. 02 was abit indirect with Moi shadow. 07 they were an item.

Luo and Kalenjin are under lock and key. Non-GEMA is everyone outside Mt Kenya other than these two.

Your short history shows non-GEMA breaking big for Raila. So the big question is Mt Kenya. This is what makes the up-the-sleeve Uhuru-for-PM Joker a checkmate.

The Handshake is Trojan 2.0 not a "Jiu-jitsu move" by Uhuru. Not that they are mutually exclusive. It a win-win as greedy Jomo Jr morph from PORK-to-PM to reverse engineer the dad. Raila retire as president - his dad dream - with his cronies sharing slots under Uhuru. Raila return Kenya to parliamentary and remedy the Jaramogi failures.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2020, 09:08:01 AM »
You want to teach the political Prof who thought you terms like non GEMA.Outside the big 5 we are talking 30% non GEMA votes..Raila only has an edge in Mijikenda otherwise Ruto sweep the floor with the rest... mostly pastoralist counties who makes the majority of non GEMA.Gusii vote  is excited about Matiangi but will that last?.Ruto looks likely to overrun the Bukusu and parts of kakamega.In any case once Ruto has GEMA vote and so far I see no competition it's game shot.If Uhuru want executive pm...he will be forced to get it under Ruto...if he can beat Kiunjuri which is no mean feat now.I really pity those Uhuru orphans who think the man will continue forever so they can feed on the trough...Uhuru is the guy who resigned for MaDVD..he has zero fighting spirit to extend his term in Kenya..hapa sio Uganda.Talk of a political neophyte teaching his proffesors.. kicheko biggest

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »
Woi RV, that you think Ruto mlolongo coup is a big win shows how wrong you are. It a pyrrhic victory. A BLUNDER.

Moi was a sage to the Ruto quackery. Just check his picks for public service: Simeon Nyachae, Dr Josphat Karanja, Prof Philip Mbithi, Ambassador Fares Kuindwa, Dr Richard Leakey, Dr Sally Kosgei. Under Ruto you suddenly have David Korirs, Warios, Echesas litany of sleazebags.

I am not being mean to say Ruto is hare-brained. At least Uhuru don't act clever or suffer hubris. I wonder what is worse than wrongly believing you are smart. You see nothing has changed in Ruto bombastic vain manics. In Jubilee 1.0 Uhuru barely tolerated the bloke. Days after election he was issuing commands to cops and KDF as "Deputy C-in-C". Someone must have advised him to stop. He took a whirlwind tour of the world before Uhuru - AU, China, Japan, name it. During the Ruto-jet scandal. Every public appearance with Uhuru the charlatan would over-speak and outline the entire GoK agenda and badly outshine the boss. Poor Uhuru had to recite a written speech with nothing left to say.

Then came the demands of positions and 50-50. Uhuru and TNA had to bend over backwards to avoid a ODM-esque implosion when Ruto demanded Raila give Kalenjin MPs key ministries - Finance, Interior, Defence. Of course Raila under NARA could not afford it.

In Jubilee 1.0, Pundit wasted no time here with endless tantrums. Uhuru the gentleman became "screwball", mlevi, lazy and all kinds of personal and tribal epithets. Hoardes of Mt Kenya MPs had to accompany the drama queen to the ICC or else.

The only thing that has changed is not even the transparent insulting praises with backstabbings and night meetings against Uhuru. Only that Uhuru no longer needs the guy. Now he can see he has nothing to offer - he had none all along. I mean with his behavior you'd have to be retarded not to have  seen the treachery and fallout coming.

What exactly is William Ruto owed, by who, why and for what?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »
Almost funny. Let me just draw a scenario : assume there is pure parliamentary system. I know it a stretch for you to imagine this cause you are immune to reality. Exec PM who is the Leader of biggest party or coalition. Ceremonial president of some form.

Uhuru (PM) + Raila (PORK)  vs Ruto (PM)  + Kiunjuri (PORK)

How do you see that going? Rough MOAS? The Mdvd, Kalonzo, Matiang'i flowergirls you can distribute them around.. of course we know how few kahuna are in Ruto camp. You claim how Gema are insular while Ruto build strong alliances. Well right now he is woefully coming up short. If you look at Moi despite the propaganda and dark patches - he covered his intellectual ineptitude by visionary Kibaki, Dr Karanja, Prof Saitoti, etc. Ruto the genius has Sudi, Murconman or Nyoro the bumbling airhead as his thinktank. :)

Even with the status quo your vain Ruto would still have it rough cause Raila run circles around him in non-Gema. Another Kalenjin-Kikuyu ticket is DOA.

You want to teach the political Prof who thought you terms like non GEMA.Outside the big 5 we are talking 30% non GEMA votes..Raila only has an edge in Mijikenda otherwise Ruto sweep the floor with the rest... mostly pastoralist counties who makes the majority of non GEMA.Gusii vote  is excited about Matiangi but will that last?.Ruto looks likely to overrun the Bukusu and parts of kakamega.In any case once Ruto has GEMA vote and so far I see no competition it's game shot.If Uhuru want executive pm...he will be forced to get it under Ruto...if he can beat Kiunjuri which is no mean feat now.I really pity those Uhuru orphans who think the man will continue forever so they can feed on the trough...Uhuru is the guy who resigned for MaDVD..he has zero fighting spirit to extend his term in Kenya..hapa sio Uganda.Talk of a political neophyte teaching his proffesors.. kicheko biggest

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2020, 08:11:00 PM »
Robina, Start with objectivity 101 before you froth on both sides of the mouth.Jubilee Cabinet Sec and head of public service has remained the venerable hardworking & non corrupt Joseph kinyua.Not boxer Echesa or Korir.Jubilee 1.0 was a success in many areas.Jubilee 2.0 is Uhuru baby and the verdict is out there.Jubilee 1.0 was coalition gov btw urp and tna with 50-50 sharing of gov positions as per the agreementJubilee 2.0 is one party with Uhuru as party leader and that is makes a whole lots of difference.Ruto took that risk because he wanted to couple tightly with mt Kenya...which was great foresight because imagine if we had tna and urp now...it would be easy job to seperate the two.The reason my Kenya are firmly in Ruto corner is because they trust in the Jubilee party the same away odm has stood this long and KANu before.Ruto is prepared to lose some % from 50% power now and win the presidency later.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2020, 02:12:11 PM »
Merging parties in mega-party was ok - but mlolongo backstabbing was bad gamble. It cost him his biggest asset against Raila - Uhuru.