Author Topic: Screwing the Kurds for 100 years  (Read 6618 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Screwing the Kurds for 100 years
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 03:34:04 PM »
These poor Kurds need to run to Asad and Putin's bossom. Trump is a real moron.

Being a Kurd is a bit like being an antelope in the Serengeti.  Surrounded by predators.  Always fighting against one or more groups out for your extermination.  If they support Assad, he will turn on them once he is assured of his position.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 07:44:46 PM »

Being a Kurd is a bit like being an antelope in the Serengeti.  Surrounded by predators.  Always fighting against one or more groups out for your extermination.  If they support Assad, he will turn on them once he is assured of his position.

Kurds should place their bet on the Shiite. Since they are mainly situated in Syria, Iraq and Iran. Assad and his Alawites are a tiny minority married to the Shiite for survival. Hafez Assad - Bashar's dad - courted Iran by associating with the Shiite, then appeased Saddam by cloaking in the Ba'ath Party flag.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »

Putin is allies with Assad and Erdogan so I have no idea what guerrillas would give that the autocrats are not giving.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 05:55:34 AM »
Kurds have made an alliance with syrian govt and Russia to counter turkey ...trump may have been played by Russia

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »
Trump has not been played, he just does not have a clue of what he has done.

Kurds have made an alliance with syrian govt and Russia to counter turkey ...trump may have been played by Russia

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »
Russia and Iran are the big winners of this madness. Israel and US are the big losers. Syria of course is firmly back in stone age.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 03:25:28 PM »
Trump has not been played, he just does not have a clue of what he has done.

Or maybe he does.  In the same fashion a hostage of Putin would.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »
He has now backtracked and demanding Turkey's withdrawal from Syrian territory. Too late. The damage is already done and the Kurds will now have to ally themselves with Assad and Putin.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 02:03:28 PM »
Trump is not clueless. More a don't care and a nationalist. Why should the US control or secure Syria? Russia and Europe should lead the charge. It's the classic nationalist view. Israel gets a pass for the powerful Jewish lobby which would be a political catastrophe.

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 03:15:28 PM »
Trump is not clueless. More a don't care and a nationalist. Why should the US control or secure Syria? Russia and Europe should lead the charge. It's the classic nationalist view. Israel gets a pass for the powerful Jewish lobby which would be a political catastrophe.

He is not clueless.  But I think for different and more personal reasons other nationalism.  Otherwise he would not be sending more troops to Saudi Arabia.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
He has now backtracked and demanding Turkey's withdrawal from Syrian territory. Too late. The damage is already done and the Kurds will now have to ally themselves with Assad and Putin.

I will watch what Turkey does.  That is more informative than anything that comes out of this White House about what the deal is.  If Turkey ignores it, it's probably just another misleading press release for consumption by his base.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »
Trump has tightened sanctions on Moscow. Beats your blackmail narrative.  Saudi are milked quite dry for the military support. It is not for free. I believe the US incites the Sunni-Shiite enmity to sustain the war market. It is strategic that the Saudis are not given any training manual along with the shipfuls of armory. You can argue whether it is a very lucrative war or idiocy market. Bibi and his generals must crack ribs as they enjoy the Yemeni comedy.

He is not clueless.  But I think for different and more personal reasons other nationalism.  Otherwise he would not be sending more troops to Saudi Arabia.

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 07:46:31 PM »
Trump has tightened sanctions on Moscow. Beats your blackmail narrative.  Saudi are milked quite dry for the military support. It is not for free. I believe the US incites the Sunni-Shiite enmity to sustain the war market. It is strategic that the Saudis are not given any training manual along with the shipfuls of armory. You can argue whether it is a very lucrative war or idiocy market. Bibi and his generals must crack ribs as they enjoy the Yemeni comedy.

The sanctions are mostly things he couldn't openly oppose from Congress.  But even if you grant him that on the balance, Putin is a happy camper and wants him back in 2020.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »
The sanctions are mostly things he couldn't openly oppose from Congress.  But even if you grant him that on the balance, Putin is a happy camper and wants him back in 2020.

You are prolly right - in that I would not suspect collusion as the smoking gun. Because Congress and the Dems would sanction Russia into bankruptcy. They have a bone with Pundit. Trump could be owning a golf course in St Petersburg.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
Al-Baghdadi is dead? Seen on AT&T. Looks like Trump's Bin Laden moment.

CNN story: Al-Baghdadi detonated suicide vest, official says https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2019/10/27/isis-leader-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-death-vpx.cnn

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »

CNN story: Al-Baghdadi detonated suicide vest, official says https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2019/10/27/isis-leader-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-death-vpx.cnn

How many lives does he has?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
This another ali Baghdad bagdhadi Not the caliphate leader one

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »

It was to dilute the Syria-Kurds blunder.