Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh saga unfolding  (Read 17725 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Brett Kavanaugh saga unfolding
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »
Dr.  Ford's garbage is not corroborated.  Having seen her testimony, I am sure dishonesty on her part is not one of the reasons it's not corroborated.  She wouldn't be the first victim to come forth without a demonstrable trail of evidence.  It's a sad aspect of these types of crimes.  I thought her garbage was more convincing(much more so) than Kavanaugh's petulant histrionics.
Termi, I don't think Dr. Ford is lying either. She didn't strike me as a sociopath. That's why I thought this was a bad memory especially given how little else she remembers. I have experienced something worse than the kind of assault she described and I really don't believe in 50 years I can forget where. I was a kid (I mean a child, not 15) and I can take you to the place it happened, right to the front door. I do think trauma can cause you to block stuff out, but I also think it's possible she may be mistaken on the identity of the perp, given the person she claimed broke it up (rescued her) cannot recall such a thing (Unless he's also lying).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
Dr.  Ford's garbage is not corroborated.  Having seen her testimony, I am sure dishonesty on her part is not one of the reasons it's not corroborated.  She wouldn't be the first victim to come forth without a demonstrable trail of evidence.  It's a sad aspect of these types of crimes.  I thought her garbage was more convincing(much more so) than Kavanaugh's petulant histrionics.
Termi, I don't think Dr. Ford is lying either. She didn't strike me as a sociopath. That's why I thought this was a bad memory especially given how little else she remembers. I have experienced something worse than the kind of assault she described and I really don't believe in 50 years I can forget where. I was a kid (I mean a child, not 15) and I can take you to the place it happened, right to the front door. I do think trauma can cause you to block stuff out, but I also think it's possible she may be mistaken on the identity of the perp, given the person she claimed broke it up (rescued her) cannot recall such a thing (Unless he's also lying).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »

I don't exactly see evangelicals lining up to call for his removal, wonder why its not a concern, especially for a christian who believes Kavanaugh is a historical sex offender, that his fellow believers support something he finds so repulsive.

Catholics are 50-50 btw Dems and Reps because they're not all equally devout, have a massive Latino component who have different concerns than White Catholics etc etc. The Republican Catholics, like Evangelicals, are more interested in the seat than Kavanaugh, which I think is gross if they throw him away now knowing very well he wouldn't be here if they'd left him alone in the Appeals court. Some are lamenting that Trump should've nominated that Amy lady and want him to do a quick switcheroo and stomp her nomination process quickly before the elections. I hope he does not. This guy is totally ruined and I'm not convinced anyone has shown he did anything.

About Mark Judge's testimony, perhaps he has a reason to lie, but even her best friend denies the whole thing while supporting Dr. Ford. I just don't see enough here to ruin this man. And don't you think the alcohol in her system makes her recollections more doubtful rather than support their accuracy?

• Enigma
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
About Mark Judge's testimony, perhaps he has a reason to lie, but even her best friend denies the whole thing while supporting Dr. Ford. I just don't see enough here to ruin this man. And don't you think the alcohol in her system makes her recollections more doubtful rather than support their accuracy?

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »
Bigots always expose themselves. Like clock work. It's never an individual, everything has to be filtered through the lens of one's favorite hated group. Look here, genius, if Trump withdraws Kavanaugh, he'll replace him with a traditionalist catholic woman with 7 kids whom conservatives wanted over Kavanaugh the first time around because of her much clearer anti Roe v Wade stance compared to Kavanaugh. Catholics are already calling for that replacement, but why bother with information when prejudice suffices, lol. Not everyone is born with your mindset, so don't project yourself onto everyone tafasari.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »

There is a long list of equally scary candidates minus the baggage, prepared by the Federalist Society, that they can fall back on though.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
Judge Kavanaugh is a sociopath. You will encounter this kid of A personality types in  USA a lot and after a decades of being among Americans you are able to pick sociopaths like Brett...Brett ambition is all has been driving him since teenage years. His friends have to deny this until they are under oath. It serious to acknowledge something like this in these times we are living in

He is done. Right is a dead in the eyes of many..

I hadn't put him there yet on the sociopath path, but in retrospect, he might indeed be.

If you read Seth Abramson's take on his corroboration twitter thread, you'll notice that he(or at least people he is working very closely with) put out a mistaken identity narrative trying to lay the blame on "Squi", one of his own buddies, and someone who was going out with Dr. Ford at the time.  That moves the needle for the assault, for me, from possible, to probable.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:15 PM »
Bigots always expose themselves. Like clock work. It's never an individual, everything has to be filtered through the lens of one's favorite hated group. Look here, genius, if Trump withdraws Kavanaugh, he'll replace him with a traditionalist catholic woman with 7 kids whom conservatives wanted over Kavanaugh the first time around because of her much clearer anti Roe v Wade stance compared to Kavanaugh. Catholics are already calling for that replacement, but why bother with information when prejudice suffices, lol. Not everyone is born with your mindset, so don't project yourself onto everyone tafasari.
Desperado. Who cares what the institution is cheering? This discussion is about Kavanaugh. Catholics can handle sexual abuse along with the equally rotten evangelical churches in the US. Who are also behind Kavanaugh, pastor who cares about Christians supporting sex abusers, lol. Sema hypocrisy.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2018, 03:49:23 PM »

There is a long list of equally scary candidates minus the baggage, prepared by the Federalist Society, that they can fall back on though.
Right. And some already are calling for that. vooke is only concerned with Catholics and their stance. Why doesn't the stance of his co-religionists concern him? Please lets see the outrage for the Osteens and Franklins and Hagees and all the rest of them. After all, they are interested in getting a pervert in as long as he deals with homosexuality and abortion, which really worries vooke, lol. Bwana Pharisee, lets see your outrage for this travesty :D.

Evangelicals have more sway on who gets nominated than any Catholic precisely because Catholics don't vote as a block. Trump has an advisory committee made of Evangelical preachers, it's with THEM (not with catholics) that he made a deal about judges he was going to nominate. They are a powerful lobby in the Trump era. Just FYI for people not transparently out for sheer primitive tribalism mascarading as concern for sexual assault.

• Enigma
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »

Right. And some already are calling for that. vooke is only concerned with Catholics and their stance. Why doesn't the stance of his co-religionists concern him? Please lets see the outrage for the Osteens and Franklins and Hagees and all the rest of them. After all, they are interested in getting a pervert in as long as he deals with homosexuality and abortion, which really worries vooke, lol. Bwana Pharisee, lets see your outrage for this travesty :D .

Evangelicals have more sway on who gets nominated than any Catholic precisely because Catholics don't vote as a block. Trump has an advisory committee made of Evangelical preachers, it's with THEM (not with catholics) that he made a deal about judges he was going to nominate. They are a powerful lobby in the Trump era. Just FYI for people not transparently out for sheer primitive tribalism mascarading as concern for sexual assault.

vooke has a bulls-eye on Catholic institutions and anything that bears a remote association  :D .  Obviously Catholics(at least the white ones) in the US overlook a lot of bad things that the GOP promotes like racism. 

But I don't buy the idea that they are behind Kavanaugh for his religion.  "Pro-life" is just something on the GOP platform that a lot of them can use to justify their tolerance of this party's intolerance without looking bad.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
Desperado. Who cares what the institution is cheering? This discussion is about Kavanaugh. Catholics can handle sexual abuse along with the equally rotten evangelical churches in the US. Who are also behind Kavanaugh, pastor who cares about Christians supporting sex abusers, lol. Sema hypocrisy.

Intelligent people care about Catholic hypocrisy

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »

Right. And some already are calling for that. vooke is only concerned with Catholics and their stance. Why doesn't the stance of his co-religionists concern him? Please lets see the outrage for the Osteens and Franklins and Hagees and all the rest of them. After all, they are interested in getting a pervert in as long as he deals with homosexuality and abortion, which really worries vooke, lol. Bwana Pharisee, lets see your outrage for this travesty :D .

vooke has a bulls-eye on Catholic institutions and anything that bears a remote association  :D .  Obviously Catholics(at least the white ones) in the US overlook a lot of bad things that the GOP promotes like racism. 

But I don't buy the idea that they are behind Kavanaugh for his religion.  "Pro-life" is just something on the GOP platform that a lot of them can use to justify their tolerance of this party's intolerance without looking bad.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »
What blinds Evangelicals? I've seen more impressive yearns woven on these board, this is plain silly.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »

Intelligent people care about Catholic hypocrisy
Honest people care about vooke's hypocrisy.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
What blinds Evangelicals? I've seen more impressive yearns woven on these board, this is plain silly.

Everything that blinds Catholics minus a shared sex abuse coverup history

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

He is a bigot, with a very consistent track record, don't spin for him, Terminator.

Yes, especially in the last few years since Black lives matter, White Catholics have become Republicans first and Catholic second. There used to be differences politically between them and Evangelicals but they have vanished. They are locked with Reps on everything even those explicitly taught against by their church.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2018, 04:26:30 PM »

He is a bigot, with a very consistent track record, don't spin for him, Terminator.

Yes, especially in the last few years since Black lives matter, White Catholics have become Republicans first and Catholic second. There used to be differences politically between them and Evangelicals but they have vanished. They are locked with Reps on everything even those explicitly taught against by their church.

You know calling me names does change facts,right?

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »

Everything that blinds Catholics minus a shared sex abuse coverup history
How confident are you of that proposition?  8)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2018, 04:29:05 PM »

You know calling me names does change facts,right?
It's not name-calling when it's factual. Even your introduction of catholics as a group into a discussion on Kavanaugh testifies. If you don't like it, you can change your consistent bigotry, evident on this board for years.