Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh saga unfolding  (Read 17699 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Brett Kavanaugh saga unfolding
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »

Exactly.  Diary's are not good, they are against nature.  There is a reason why we are supposed to forget things. If nature wanted us to remember everything, nature would have come up with perfect memory. July 1, 1982 is the date Dr. Ford is referring. You have Kananaugh, PJ, Judge and then you have skie (Brewskies).  Kavanaugh needs to pull out and let the next conservative candidate in.  His judicial temperament stinks and he is full of himself. 

Dr Ford is speaking the truth.  Brat's own calendar puts them together at party, July 1st 1982.  She had never seen this calendar before.  It includes the names Mark Judge and PJ Smyth and some other kid she didn't recognize. 

Even without that, I can't think of any reasonable explanation why she would make this up.  Certainly not the conspiracy theory that the brat advanced.

Yeah,
Saw the fixation with July 1st entry. Kavanaugh chose the easier way; deny the meeting ever took place instead of what went down over that meeting. A judge lying under oath. But I don't think his 36 year old teenage indiscretions are sufficient grounds to paint him in the same strokes as Weinstein
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2018, 06:18:58 PM »
Yeah,
Saw the fixation with July 1st entry. Kavanaugh chose the easier way; deny the meeting ever took place instead of what went down over that meeting. A judge lying under oath. But I don't think his 36 year old teenage indiscretions are sufficient grounds to paint him in the same strokes as Weinstein

He lies under oath.  And publicly spouts anti-Clinton conspiracy theories.  The last thing SCOTUS needs is a conspiracy theorist.  It's scary how far this guy has gotten(let alone where he is about to go) with this kind of baggage.  He is a Donald Trump in a judicial office.  Imagine Trump in a lifetime appointment.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »

If nothing else, his judicial temperament should be a reason not to vote for him. That's who he really is-arrogant, white frat boy, who thinks he is entitled to white boy privileges.  He is full of himself.

Yeah,

He lies under oath.  And publicly spouts anti-Clinton conspiracy theories.  The last thing SCOTUS needs is a conspiracy theorist.  It's scary how far this guy has gotten(let alone where he is about to go) with this kind of baggage.  He is a Donald Trump in a judicial office.  Imagine Trump in a lifetime appointment.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2018, 10:44:32 PM »
FBI will probably confirm July 1st date and point out other lies he has thrown in during his testimony
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2018, 03:03:44 AM »
Democrats are determined to pull a huge percentage  of women voters from Trump column. FBI investigation may not tell us much but it surely look like perjury trap. Trump should pull back and switch Kavanaugh  with Judge Amy Barret, let the investigation  play out if cleared push him through when Ginsberg leave...

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2018, 12:28:54 PM »
@Geemail, I hear you and most of that is true but I doubt Roe Vs Wade will ever be overturned maybe same sex marriage Obama nonsense.  Kavanaugh can sail through but at a very high political cost to Trump. If Republican lose Senate and Congress Democrats will start the impeachment nonsense right away so Trump must way weigh what's important at this point in time, Trump presidency or Kavanaugh at supreme court. Trump should pull a jujitsu move against Democrats and switch the nomination.  Let judge Amy Barret take this thing...

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2018, 02:46:30 PM »
This is a lose-lose situation. Trump ratings cannot get worse than now. Would be a different matter if he had high ratings to begin with. Planning to overturn Roe vs Wade will be very popular with the conservatives even some center-left Democrats. Sunday and the same sex laws will be icing on the cake for the evangelicals Trump has been courting lately. The evangelicals and the conservatives combine to form a base bigger than women. All he needs to hammer is the common knowledge that SCOTUS is where these three agenda items will end. Not sure Justice Amy Barrett will be as useful as a Kavanaugh who knows he owes the boys. Just reading that Diane Feinstein once questioned Amy Barrett's nomination and her commitment to uphold Rose vs Wade given her self disclosure as an "orthodox Catholic". On that score, they are peers with Kavanaugh.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
I personally don't swallow the accusation against Kavanaugh. Too many facts against believing it.
-First, it's a recovered memory, not a normal memory, of being assaulted, and they are notorious for leading to wrongful accusations including jail time for innocent men.
-Secondly, every witness named has denied it under oath, including Dr. Ford's best friend and Mark Judge went further to say Kavanaugh just wasn't that sort of person.
-Thirdly, she recalls almost no other details around the incident which is at least concerning. I mean things like place (forget time).
-Fourthly, people who have known him his entire life since high school, college, professional life, vouch for his character especially towards women. I believe 35 or 65 women have defended him, something like that.
-Fifthly, his demeanour during his testimony was consistent with the righteous indignation of an innocent person that's been wrongly accused. I actually teared up watching it. If he's lying, he has to be a damn good actor or a sociopath, which I honestly have little reason to even suspect given his entire life of good behaviour.

I think what's happened to him is incredibly unfair. I didn't care 2 cents before but now I do want him confirmed above any other person Trump may replace him with. His life has been destroyed by a totally factless accusation based on a memory of something that's supposed to have happened nearly 40 years ago between underaged kids at a party, and that was recovered decades later in a therapy session and that remains not only uncorroborated but refuted in addition. There's too much there for me to put one scintilla of weight behind Dr. Ford's recovered memory and I now feel sorry for the man, who is otherwise eminently qualified for the position. If Trump abandons him now, he'll be utterly ruined. I hope he does not.

Edit: So it was not a recovered memory, that was a misreporting by an anchor, I have checked. Still, my position is the same.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »
I actually wonder why and how the FBI is being involved. Worse than the Russian Collusion. No evidence (torn clothes maybe, body fluids from 30 years ago?) and a calendar entry. Witnesses will be trying to recall what even the alleged victim cannot recall. No house, no details like how she got there, how she left.

We'd better resign ourselves to the Kavanaugh nomination. He will scrape through. Then we must face the next steps. The Catholic-dominated SCOTUS is hopelessly ranged against Protestants. Roe vs Wade, the same sex marriages and Sunday rest will be instituted. The pope is all set for it after the 2017 October 31 burial of protestantism. With all the sex abuse scandals, Pope Francis cannot wait for a better distraction. The US will come to his aid.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »
OMG! Kadame, this is not a criminal trial so please spare us the cut and paste rethuglican irrelevant talking points.  This is a political job interview and the bar is very low. Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, never even got an interview with the rethuglicas so please spare me lectures about fairness.  This job is not an entitlement and he should pull himself out of consideration, resign from the circuit court and ran for office because he is a political hack and not fit to be in the SCOTUS.  He lies too much and his  judicial temperament stinks like a skunk.  This is win win for the DEMS.  If he is ploughed through then he enters the SCOTUS as damaged goods and can only redeem himself by siding with the women SCOTUS for the next two years.  On the other hand, each time he comes up with a conservative ruling, he will only inspire the liberal voters  more and widen the gender gap. This is a win win for Dems.

I personally don't swallow the accusation against Kavanaugh. Too many facts against believing it.
-First, it's a recovered memory, not a normal memory, of being assaulted, and they are notorious for leading to wrongful accusations including jail time for innocent men.
-Secondly, every witness named has denied it under oath, including Dr. Ford's best friend and Mark Judge went further to say Kavanaugh just wasn't that sort of person.
-Thirdly, she recalls almost no other details around the incident which is at least concerning. I mean things like place (forget time).
-Fourthly, people who have known him his entire life since high school, college, professional life, vouch for his character especially towards women. I believe 35 or 65 women have defended him, something like that.
-Fifthly, his demeanour during his testimony was consistent with the righteous indignation of an innocent person that's been wrongly accused. I actually teared up watching it. If he's lying, he has to be a damn good actor or a sociopath, which I honestly have little reason to even suspect given his entire life of good behaviour.

I think what's happened to him is incredibly unfair. I didn't care 2 cents before but now I do want him confirmed above any other person Trump may replace him with. His life has been destroyed by a totally factless accusation based on a memory of something that's supposed to have happened nearly 40 years ago between underaged kids at a party, and that was recovered decades later in a therapy session and that remains not only uncorroborated but refuted in addition. There's too much there for me to put one scintilla of weight behind Dr. Ford's recovered memory and I now feel sorry for the man, who is otherwise eminently qualified for the position. If Trump abandons him now, he'll be utterly ruined. I hope he does not.

Edit: So it was not a recovered memory, that was a misreporting by an anchor, I have checked. Still, my position is the same.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »
OMG! Kadame, this is not a criminal trial so please spare us the cut and paste rethuglican irrelevant talking points.  This is a political job interview and the bar is very low. Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, never even got an interview with the rethuglicas so please spare me lectures about fairness.  This job is not an entitlement and he should pull himself out of consideration, resign from the circuit court and ran for office because he is a political hack and not fit to be in the SCOTUS.  He lies too much and his  judicial temperament stinks like a skunk.  This is win win for the DEMS.  If he is ploughed through then he enters the SCOTUS as damaged goods and can only redeem himself by siding with the women SCOTUS for the next two years.  On the other hand, each time he comes up with a conservative ruling, he will only inspire the liberal voters  more and widen the gender gap. This is a win win for Dems.
Spare you what? Who forces you to read posts you don't like? You're not the only one allowed opinions here on Kavanaugh or any other topic. For that matter, spare me your emotional diatribe.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2018, 11:54:03 PM »
All that garbage from Dr. Ford is derived from a book Judge wrote but let's face all the Democrats want to do is to delay the process and hope they win coming mid term elections so they can stall the process. Target market for all this garbage is white women. So Trump should give them a white woman and let the Democrats go after her...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2018, 12:55:01 AM »

Judge Kavanaugh is a sociopath. You will encounter this kid of A personality types in  USA a lot and after a decades of being among Americans you are able to pick sociopaths like Brett...Brett ambition is all has been driving him since teenage years. His friends have to deny this until they are under oath. It serious to acknowledge something like this in these times we are living in

He is done. Right is a dead in the eyes of many..

• Enigma
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2018, 01:02:18 AM »
All that garbage from Dr. Ford is derived from a book Judge wrote but let's face all the Democrats want to do is to delay the process and hope they win coming mid term elections so they can stall the process. Target market for all this garbage is white women. So Trump should give them a white woman and let the Democrats go after her...

It goes without saying the Democrats want to stop him and prevent Trump from making any future appointments.  A sort of payback, if not enough, for what the Republicans did under Obama.

That aside, Kavanaugh is anything but the image of the innocent alter boy he claims to be.  He lies about obvious things.  And there is a demonstrable paper trail of his lies under oath even for previous appointments. 

Dr.  Ford's garbage is not corroborated.  Having seen her testimony, I am sure dishonesty on her part is not one of the reasons it's not corroborated.  She wouldn't be the first victim to come forth without a demonstrable trail of evidence.  It's a sad aspect of these types of crimes.  I thought her garbage was more convincing(much more so) than Kavanaugh's petulant histrionics.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 01:04:14 AM »
Saturday Night Live's take on the circus barely comes close to the real thing.  :D

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2018, 03:33:16 AM »
That was funny right there but you can tell dems are really mad with Lindsey Graham performance. He blew them out of the water.
Saturday Night Live's take on the circus barely comes close to the real thing.  :D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »

It goes without saying the Democrats want to stop him and prevent Trump from making any future appointments.  A sort of payback, if not enough, for what the Republicans did under Obama.

That aside, Kavanaugh is anything but the image of the innocent alter boy he claims to be.  He lies about obvious things.  And there is a demonstrable paper trail of his lies under oath even for previous appointments. 

Dr.  Ford's garbage is not corroborated.  Having seen her testimony, I am sure dishonesty on her part is not one of the reasons it's not corroborated.  She wouldn't be the first victim to come forth without a demonstrable trail of evidence.  It's a sad aspect of these types of crimes.  I thought her garbage was more convincing(much more so) than Kavanaugh's petulant histrionics.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »
Termi, I don't think Dr. Ford is lying either. She didn't strike me as a sociopath. That's why I thought this was a bad memory especially given how little else she remembers. I have experienced something worse than the kind of assault she described and I really don't believe in 50 years I can forget where. I was a kid (I mean a child, not 15) and I can take you to the place it happened, right to the front door. I do think trauma can cause you to block stuff out, but I also think it's possible she may be mistaken on the identity of the perp, given the person she claimed broke it up (rescued her) cannot recall such a thing (Unless he's also lying).

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2018, 10:58:10 AM »
Bigots always expose themselves. Like clock work. It's never an individual, everything has to be filtered through the lens of one's favorite hated group. Look here, genius, if Trump withdraws Kavanaugh, he'll replace him with a traditionalist catholic woman with 7 kids whom conservatives wanted over Kavanaugh the first time around because of her much clearer anti Roe v Wade stance compared to Kavanaugh. Catholics are already calling for that replacement, but why bother with information when prejudice suffices, lol. Not everyone is born with your mindset, so don't project yourself onto everyone tafasari.