Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh saga unfolding  (Read 17665 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Brett Kavanaugh saga unfolding
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »
Termi, this is looking more and more like the machinations and typical corruption of the same DNC establishment that underhandedly denied Bernie the ticket and cost them the 2016 election. Dr. Ford's best friend, the one Ford said was at the party where she was assaulted, told the FBI that McLean (or Dr. Ford's so-called 'allies') pressured her to change her story. McLean is the lady purportedly trained for a polygraph by Dr. Ford back in 1998, per the ex-boyfriend's testimony. By the way McLean, who has worked for the FBI before, categorically denied in a statement yesterday that she has ever been helped to take a polygraph. The pressure story is here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of-dr-ford-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-1538715152

Maybe it's not the DNC, but besides them, I don't know who else would be behind this. Now I understand why the Republicans don't seem to have a direct animus with Dr. Ford and keep insisting that she was used.

Edit! Never mind, it's Republican click bait. They are just referring to mutual friends, not FBI people.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2018, 12:28:24 PM »
We have argued here previously that a vulnerable justice in the SCOTUS can be very useful for a litigant needing the decisive single tilt vote. Papa Sirandula will need it, Trump most certainly needs it.

NY Times reader comment:
Rudy Flameng
Brussels, Belgium1h ago
I sure you understand this, but Ill say it anyway.  Nowadays, politics is about acquiring and keeping hold of power.  Power for its own sake and to service one's customers and patrons, NOT everyone, NOT the common interest.

In fact no such thing as the common good is accepted as existing anymore.  Therefore, looked at from the point of view of the GOP, the elevation of Brett Kavanaugh is an existential necessity.  The voting process isn't yet sufficiently reliable in delivering successive majorities in the House and the Senate and Trump is too much of a loose cannon to be dependable.  Ensuring that at the very least SCOTUS will be in the party's pocket is absolutely essential.

One could even argue that Judge Kavanaugh's (purported) unsuitability for this august office is itself an asset.  It will forever be possible to remind him he should be grateful to have been made an Associate Justice and act accordingly whenever the Supreme Court is called upon to arbiter...

(Of course, Trump is also agitating on Kavanaugh's behalf, but that is because he has his own reasons for needing a pliant SCOTUS, as we know.)"
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
I believe Professor Ford. This has been a hot topic at work and we agreed after much scrutiny of clips and discussion, she's telling the truth and the DNC have little need to be involved with this. Professor Ford is a busy psychology professor and isn't the best candidate to be cajoled or manipulated by political outfits for the sake of strategy.

Trump perhaps needs Brett because he's experienced with impeachment. Reflecting on Clinton's impeachment - it takes one to know one: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-clinton-starr.html karma is a bi**h ?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »
Termi, this is looking more and more like the machinations and typical corruption of the same DNC establishment that underhandedly denied Bernie the ticket and cost them the 2016 election. Dr. Ford's best friend, the one Ford said was at the party where she was assaulted, told the FBI that McLean (or Dr. Ford's so-called 'allies') pressured her to change her story. McLean is the lady purportedly trained for a polygraph by Dr. Ford back in 1998, per the ex-boyfriend's testimony. By the way McLean, who has worked for the FBI before, categorically denied in a statement yesterday that she has ever been helped to take a polygraph. The pressure story is here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of-dr-ford-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-1538715152

Maybe it's not the DNC, but besides them, I don't know who else would be behind this. Now I understand why the Republicans don't seem to have a direct animus with Dr. Ford and keep insisting that she was used.

Edit! Never mind, it's Republican click bait. They are just referring to mutual friends, not FBI people.

What a spin. You are really trying to weave all matters conspiracy...Kavaugh is an ego maniac former footballer and a drunk. He has spent the 20 years lobbying for power. His motivation is clear to use this power to advance and impose his own views on others.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2018, 03:40:49 PM »
It's possible Ford is saying the truth. Even GOPs admit, even Trump. But it has too many holes to be used against a court judge. If DNC wanted to nail KavaNope they should have pursued him self-confessed beer drinking. Not good for a SCOTUS judge. Ford is a tall story. Let the Jesuit go to SCOTUS so Papa Sirandula can unravel.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2018, 03:45:46 PM »
It's possible Ford is saying the truth. Even GOPs admit, even Trump. But it has too many holes to be used against a court judge. If DNC wanted to nail KavaNope they should have pursued him self-confessed beer drinking. Not good for a SCOTUS judge. Ford is a tall story. Let the Jesuit go to SCOTUS so Papa Sirandula can unravel.
You mean youve been doubting her?
The guy was a riot when he was young  and he denied it in front of the American people despite evidence. 

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »
I have not doubted that Ford could have gone through a nasty experience. It sounds like a case of mistaken identity (if it actually happened). KavaNope was an easy target and high profile after his nomination, complete with a 1982 calendar to show for it. An elephant could walk right through the gaps in Ford's story. Rioting in one's youth cannot make you guilty of a crime the victim cannot piece together. The threshhold for that must be higher and I'm glad FBI did not want to soil their hands with Kava's Jesuit blood.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2018, 04:08:58 PM »

Quite a bit of that click bait from both sides.  This is obviously a selective leak from the GOP on the unleakable document.  That's as far as I can go with both-sidism.  A lot of the tribalism we see today has been long in the making with the blame squarely on the Republican party.  The election of Obama, not once but twice, was in their mind an unforgivable breach.  To them, electing a black man, was the biggest bird flip imaginable.  It gives them licence to do anything as far as they are concerned.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »

What a spin. You are really trying to weave all matters conspiracy...Kavaugh is an ego maniac former footballer and a drunk. He has spent the 20 years lobbying for power. His motivation is clear to use this power to advance and impose his own views on others.
Eh, back off. If this story was what I read from the first article I saw, the DNC establishment would be the only culprit. They are very crooked and absolutely no better than Republicans. I dislike them a great deal. I like the people I've discovered are the genuine Democrats, who follow principles geared towards the common good, who are hated by both Dem/Rep establishment. The DNC together with their biased media created the Trump presidency, if you didn't know, and then they act like they were robbed when if they had just done things right (Not steal from Bernie, not collude with corrupt Hillary to prop up Trump with free airtime in hopes that he would be the easy-to-beat Republican candidate) the world would never have known the modern alt-right resurgence, the silly president, the anti-immigration laws and everything else that has come with Trump. I give them a full 50% of the blame. I can't wait for their base to get so incensed and fed up with them that they replace them ALL with people like Alexandria Cortez.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2018, 05:15:12 PM »
Kadame6
Separate politics from issues..you are all over the place on this ..Bernie and dnc has nothing to do with gop civil war..bush killed goo as a result moderates in goo defected to dnc ..tea party took reigns in 2007 and cemented their takeover in during Obama time..trump just exploited gop division to take9ver..a civil war will solve the current American problems not democracy

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
We can argue until cows come home on how Trump got to be president but I think its a little too simplistic to blame it on DNC sideling of Bernie Sanders.  Bernie Sanders was an outsider, and independent, and if this was the Rethuglican party or any other political party other than the big tent Democratic party, Bernie Sanders would not have been allowed to even ran. Trumpism was created by a genuine fear by  white folks that they are losing their country and god given "privileges" to "outsiders" which include white women.  Obama's rise to the top scared them and Trump lead the fight to "make America a white man's country again". Eventually Trumpism will loose and they know it but they want to delay that time as much as possible so that they can continue to enjoy white privilege.  Remember that a black presidency was not supposed to happen until 2050 or something like that and it come too early and therefore the push back or the backlash in the name of Trump.   

Eh, back off. If this story was what I read from the first article I saw, the DNC establishment would be the only culprit. They are very crooked and absolutely no better than Republicans. I dislike them a great deal. I like the people I've discovered are the genuine Democrats, who follow principles geared towards the common good, who are hated by both Dem/Rep establishment. The DNC together with their biased media created the Trump presidency, if you didn't know, and then they act like they were robbed when if they had just done things right (Not steal from Bernie, not collude with corrupt Hillary to prop up Trump with free airtime in hopes that he would be the easy-to-beat Republican candidate) the world would never have known the modern alt-right resurgence, the silly president, the anti-immigration laws and everything else that has come with Trump. I give them a full 50% of the blame. I can't wait for their base to get so incensed and fed up with them that they replace them ALL with people like Alexandria Cortez.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2018, 05:35:08 PM »
you sound like a programmed robot armed with 'democratic' party talking points. Trump is a democrat turned republican, an outsider in republican party establishment but the party was smart enough to recognize trump wave and let him win while in the "democratic' party they rigged out the favorite candidate Bernie sanders in favor of Clinton. If Bernie was an outsider why did they let him run they rig him out once he started winning. All this political mess, supreme court nomination is Clintons and their political machine making but guess what? they have not seen nothing yet until RGB is unable to hold out any longer at the supreme court and trump nominate Amy Barret.... democratic party will continue to die slowly until those establishment guys paves way to new leaders with fresh ideas

We can argue until cows come home on how Trump got to be president but I think its a little too simplistic to blame it on DNC sideling of Bernie Sanders.  Bernie Sanders was an outsider, and independent, and if this was the Rethuglican party or any other political party other than the big tent Democratic party, Bernie Sanders would not have been allowed to even ran. Trumpism was created by a genuine fear by  white folks that they are losing their country and god given "privileges" to "outsiders" which include white women.  Obama's rise to the top scared them and Trump lead the fight to "make America a white man's country again". Eventually Trumpism will loose and they know it but they want to delay that time as much as possible so that they can continue to enjoy white privilege.  Remember that a black presidency was not supposed to happen until 2050 or something like that and it come too early and therefore the push back or the backlash in the name of Trump.   

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2018, 06:29:34 PM »
Kichwa, even now they are STILL corrupt. Do you know how much they helped Cuomo unfairly in the New York Gubernatorial primaries against Cynthia Nixon? These guys have zero care for their base. All they have is talking points to bait people into thinking they are nice--they are not. They are not even serious about universal healthcare alone.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »
I would be the last person to defend political party corruption just like trade union corruption.  But no matter how corrupt the DNC is corrupt now, I have read about the "cigar smoke filled rooms" where presidential candidates used to be hand picked in the sixties and the seventies. In those days Sanders or Nixon would not have had a chance being outsiders. Political parties are for all practical purposes old boys and girls club. Its based on seniority, paying your dues and working your way up-not designed for new comers trying to cut the line.  It is therefore very difficult for the party  to accept outsiders. 

Kichwa, even now they are STILL corrupt. Do you know how much they helped Cuomo unfairly in the New York Gubernatorial primaries against Cynthia Nixon? These guys have zero care for their base. All they have is talking points to bait people into thinking they are nice--they are not. They are not even serious about universal healthcare alone.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »
Being Sunday, something spiritual for the day.

1. The pope is promoting climate change laws (hoax) globally. Numerous scientific documents show the climate change hysteria to be just that. That did not stop almost 200 countries/members signing up in 2016. Calling climate change/global warning the hoax it is will almost certainly get you driven out of any meeting today. So much for science and liberty. Climate change laws will most certainly be challenged in court.

2. The pope is promoting Sunday as a day of rest globally. I recall Pastor Vooke was in a heated debate here arguing that Sunday is the new Sabbath. Protestant evangelicals who are the daughters of the pope no longer argue that they have inherited Sunday from the Catholic church which claims to have changed God's 4th commandment from Saturday to Sunday. Evangelicals now have their own reasons for worshiping on Sunday in spite of themselves. See http://www.romeschallenge.com/ Evangelicals are carrying out the pope's orders expertly without even realizing it. The ultimate prize is for the so-called Blue Laws to be implemented across America. This battle will most certainly go to the courts.

Protestant evangelicals in America, following the pope's nyayo, are now calling for a Sabbath rest. Except that instead of Saturday, they are calling Sunday a "Sabbath rest". What is the Lord's day? For them, it's not Saturday as the Bible says. No more arguments about Col 2:16 or that the law was nailed to the cross. Now they want that law back but on a day of their own choosing. Joined by trade unions, they chose Sunday and they want it more than Francis. http://ldausa.org/about/ This is a religious liberty issue and will end up in court.

3. Protestants were highly instrumental in the establishment of the liberties in the US constitution. Particularly, they were instrumental in the establishment of the separation of church and state having witnessed the horrors of the Catholic church-state in Europe. History tells us the protestants who escaped to America were categorical that the church must not interfere with the state and vice versa. This is the spirit of the first amendment and the Johnson amendment barring church organizations from politics. In return, churches receive donations without being taxed. Today, protestant evangelicals are pushing very strongly for the repeal of the Johnson amendment, and Trump is in but has failed so far. Not for lack of trying though. This will go to the courts. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-vowed-to-destroy-the-johnson-amendment-thankfully-he-has-failed/2018/02/07/3cdbce4e-0b67-11e8-95a5-c396801049ef_story.html?utm_term=.4ae1832c7de9

4. The pope is facing one of his toughest challenges with the priest sex scandals and the Penn revelation is just a tip of the iceberg. If followed through, the compensation is enough to bankrupt Vatican not to mention loss of reputation. Francis will have to smile and kiss the earth better than John Paul to heal this wound. Already, there are cases in court.
https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2018/10/04/california-man-sues-vatican-over-priest-sex-abuse-claims/

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/2018/10/04/oxnard-california-man-sues-vatican-alleging-priest-sex-abuse-coverup-catholic-church/1516959002/

https://ktla.com/2018/10/02/camarillo-man-sues-all-california-catholic-bishops-archdiocese-of-chicago-to-force-release-of-records-saying-he-was-abused-by-anaheim-priest/

In comes Kavanaugh. Evangelicals are one of Trump's strongest bases. Forget about the women vote punishing Trump. Evangelicals are it. Most evangelicals are in the red camp but even blue evangelicals will have a hard time voting down a president who has so openly supported the church. Kavanaugh will go through not so much because Dr Ford had gaping holes in her testimony but because evangelicals cannot afford to turn down Trump. Not at this time. The composition of the SCOTUS will be crucial.

Pastor Vooke, Kadame do you now see why Kavanaugh must be nominated to SCOTUS and why riots, smear campaigns, FBI investigations andeven the kitchen sink cannot stop him from becoming Hon Justice Brett Kavanaugh of the Supreme Court of the United States?

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »
Lol. Geemail, I like you and don't want to disrespect your beliefs. Can I please be excused from this?  :D

I will say, though, no one cares about this Saturday vs Sunday thing but the tiny number of people for whom it is a major religious tenet. No one is going around trying to make a law about Sunday. The particular day is really only a big deal to 'Saturday worshippers', no one else.

I'm not doing religious debates anymore. You want to trash the Catholic Church, Christianity or whatever? You will be free to do so as long as you don't do it as some type of jab aimed at me. God will protect whatever his truths are, he doesn't need help from me!  8)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2018, 07:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the liking. It was no jab and the mention of priest sexual abuse and persecution by the Catholic church is from historical facts, not the trash heap. You are excused.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2018, 08:26:01 PM »
Being Sunday, something spiritual for the day.

1. The pope is promoting climate change laws (hoax) globally. Numerous scientific documents show the climate change hysteria to be just that. That did not stop almost 200 countries/members signing up in 2016. Calling climate change/global warning the hoax it is will almost certainly get you driven out of any meeting today. So much for science and liberty. Climate change laws will most certainly be challenged in court.

2. The pope is promoting Sunday as a day of rest globally. I recall Pastor Vooke was in a heated debate here arguing that Sunday is the new Sabbath. Protestant evangelicals who are the daughters of the pope no longer argue that they have inherited Sunday from the Catholic church which claims to have changed God's 4th commandment from Saturday to Sunday. Evangelicals now have their own reasons for worshiping on Sunday in spite of themselves. See http://www.romeschallenge.com/ Evangelicals are carrying out the pope's orders expertly without even realizing it. The ultimate prize is for the so-called Blue Laws to be implemented across America. This battle will most certainly go to the courts.

Protestant evangelicals in America, following the pope's nyayo, are now calling for a Sabbath rest. Except that instead of Saturday, they are calling Sunday a "Sabbath rest". What is the Lord's day? For them, it's not Saturday as the Bible says. No more arguments about Col 2:16 or that the law was nailed to the cross. Now they want that law back but on a day of their own choosing. Joined by trade unions, they chose Sunday and they want it more than Francis. http://ldausa.org/about/ This is a religious liberty issue and will end up in court.

3. Protestants were highly instrumental in the establishment of the liberties in the US constitution. Particularly, they were instrumental in the establishment of the separation of church and state having witnessed the horrors of the Catholic church-state in Europe. History tells us the protestants who escaped to America were categorical that the church must not interfere with the state and vice versa. This is the spirit of the first amendment and the Johnson amendment barring church organizations from politics. In return, churches receive donations without being taxed. Today, protestant evangelicals are pushing very strongly for the repeal of the Johnson amendment, and Trump is in but has failed so far. Not for lack of trying though. This will go to the courts. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-vowed-to-destroy-the-johnson-amendment-thankfully-he-has-failed/2018/02/07/3cdbce4e-0b67-11e8-95a5-c396801049ef_story.html?utm_term=.4ae1832c7de9

4. The pope is facing one of his toughest challenges with the priest sex scandals and the Penn revelation is just a tip of the iceberg. If followed through, the compensation is enough to bankrupt Vatican not to mention loss of reputation. Francis will have to smile and kiss the earth better than John Paul to heal this wound. Already, there are cases in court.
https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2018/10/04/california-man-sues-vatican-over-priest-sex-abuse-claims/

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/2018/10/04/oxnard-california-man-sues-vatican-alleging-priest-sex-abuse-coverup-catholic-church/1516959002/

https://ktla.com/2018/10/02/camarillo-man-sues-all-california-catholic-bishops-archdiocese-of-chicago-to-force-release-of-records-saying-he-was-abused-by-anaheim-priest/

In comes Kavanaugh. Evangelicals are one of Trump's strongest bases. Forget about the women vote punishing Trump. Evangelicals are it. Most evangelicals are in the red camp but even blue evangelicals will have a hard time voting down a president who has so openly supported the church. Kavanaugh will go through not so much because Dr Ford had gaping holes in her testimony but because evangelicals cannot afford to turn down Trump. Not at this time. The composition of the SCOTUS will be crucial.

Pastor Vooke, Kadame do you now see why Kavanaugh must be nominated to SCOTUS and why riots, smear campaigns, FBI investigations andeven the kitchen sink cannot stop him from becoming Hon Justice Brett Kavanaugh of the Supreme Court of the United States?

SCOTUS is not being stacked for religious reasons.  I don't even think any of these justices care about abortion that much.  It's all about the wishes of the oligarch.  Granted, religion(and racism) has been exploited by GOP to get the bigot to sign-on.  The Pope Francis angle though  :D.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2018, 09:27:31 PM »
Kavanaugh has been a champion of scrapping the establishment clause (Engel v Vitale, 1962). Kavanaugh comes with such a strong a superior religious hue we can't ignore. Evangelicals on behalf of Francis want to make SCOTUS "great" again.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2018, 09:39:36 PM »
You know memory is crazy ..I can remember us playing cha baba and me being on top of an elder girl who lived in our house. This encounter is imprinted on me. But the details of everything else is gone. Remember I wasn't abused and didn't even have abilitu to have sex but that memory of that oddity is still with me 35 years later