Author Topic: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details  (Read 15788 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2018, 04:05:41 PM »
Wrong. Tesla has yet to achieve economies of scale with 100K cars a year. As EV market rapidly grows, Tesla sales will pick up and become profitable. About 90M cars are sold annually; Tesla's 100K is a meagre 0.5%... which is 50% of EV. Tesla's success depends on its ability to maintain the 50% share as EV market expands. Even if it falls to say 15% that will be a major achievement. No auto startup has succeeded since the 50s... it's why we have the same old dinosaurs in auto - Toyota,  Nissan,  Daimler, GM,  Ford, etc - while in tech, retail,  finance and other industries we have brand new Googles and Facebooks competing with the likes of GE,  Microsoft and Apple.

It's why the Tesla brand is so important - and Musk's marketing prowess has alot to do with it.

Give Tesla a break. It's brought the EV to market. It's to be celebrated, not chastised at every turn.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »
Wrong. Tesla has yet to achieve economies of scale with 100K cars a year. As EV market rapidly grows, Tesla sales will pick up and become profitable. About 90M cars are sold annually; Tesla's 100K is a meagre 0.5%... which is 50% of EV. Tesla's success depends on its ability to maintain the 50% share as EV market expands. Even if it falls to say 15% that will be a major achievement. No auto startup has succeeded since the 50s... it's why we have the same old dinosaurs in auto - Toyota,  Nissan,  Daimler, GM,  Ford, etc - while in tech, retail,  finance and other industries we have brand new Googles and Facebooks competing with the likes of GE,  Microsoft and Apple.

It's why the Tesla brand is so important - and Musk's marketing prowess has alot to do with it.

Give Tesla a break. It's brought the EV to market. It's to be celebrated, not chastised at every turn.

I don't agree on the unit cost of a Model 3... that it's more than $35K. Tesla is hitec - "a computer on wheels" - tech cost changes with scale, innovation, etc. It's not just curved metal like cheap Toyota. Otherwise it would be $10K like Toyota junk. I'll look it up, the unit cost I mean. A casual glance at their results shows huge R&D cost.

Facebook stock goes up and down often. During Cambridge Analytica and every scandal cycle. Facebook is media,  not tech. With time it'll be overtaken: Zuck knows this and has divested into real tech - Oculus VR, Robots, Blockchain, etc. You can't equate 2B users Facebook with 100K Tesla. Literally the whole world is on Facebook - a media - yet it's valued at only 10X Tesla, just like GM. Why?

Facebook is not tech, it's media. Tesla is not auto, it's tech.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2018, 02:54:29 PM »
Tesla is facing challenging times. If investors bail then thats it....

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »
No doubt Ms Robina will have some cliche to defend doubling of losses following 40% spike in revenues
https://wolfstreet.com/2018/08/01/tesla-discloses-worst-quarterly-loss-ever-but-where-are-the-17000-model-3-cars-it-produced-but-didnt-deliver/
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »
No doubt Ms Robina will have some cliche to defend doubling of losses following 40% spike in revenues
https://wolfstreet.com/2018/08/01/tesla-discloses-worst-quarterly-loss-ever-but-where-are-the-17000-model-3-cars-it-produced-but-didnt-deliver/

Of course there's a curve for unicorns to turn a profit. Model 3 is a mass market brand - 100k sales is hardly mass. I already told you just above about the expanding EV market. Once it hits the "mass" point - it better be profitable. That point is driven by sales... if they stopped growing I'd be worried. Note: the cost per unit must go up with scale - mega factories, etc - until this inflection point.

There's a graph for that.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »
Pastor and Global are part of these radical anti-Tesla serial losers  :D

https://electrek.co/2018/08/03/tesla-tsla-short-losses-elon-musks-next-level-burn/

At the last report, over 35 million Tesla shares were shorted, which is worth over $12 billion. The price increase resulted in a potential loss of almost $2 billion for shorts.

Yesterday, Ihor Dusaniwsky, managing director of S3, a financial technology and analytics firm that has been tracking the short position on Tesla, said that most shorts seem to be holding on:

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
Dear Robina,
Your crush just crushed short sellers hard by claiming to have secured funds for LBO.

If it was done at $420, then he'd need some $57B. I double some $57B deal could be executed without some leaks. He was bluffing and is now inviting suits

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Dear Robina,
Your crush just crushed short sellers hard by claiming to have secured funds for LBO.

If it was done at $420, then he'd need some $57B. I double some $57B deal could be executed without some leaks. He was bluffing and is now inviting suits

There's nothing legally binding in Musk's tweets so long as he's not outrightly lying. The plan can change. Going private indicates Tesla believes in its own intrinsic value and not the hype you often indict Musk for. Private companies are valued better - by experts in contrast to Wall Street mass hysteria. SpaceX for instance is at $25B as at April. An IPO would prolly net $100B. So Musk is saying, I can deliver my performance target in real value.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
Pastor vooke, Tesla will end Toyota's decades-old auto dominance as the world goes EV. And the other dinosaurs kina Nissan. At least we now have real competition in auto - like we have always had in tech - in place of the status quo where folks settle on a comfortable marketshare and snore while delivering junk.

Tesla Model 3 Is Replacing Toyota Prius As Green Car Of Choice
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2018/08/05/tesla-model-3-elon-musk-tesla-earnings-toyota-prius-2018-prius-prime-2018-toyota-rav4/

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2018, 10:00:49 PM »
Ms Robina,
I have read that one is supposed to make some filings with SEC on the mere intent to go private. Felon is exposed. Reading that SoftBank deemed Tesla as overvalued. Interesting times ahead
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-08/its-overvalued-tesla-dips-report-musk-softbank-talks-failed

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2018, 01:26:38 AM »
Ms Robina,
I have read that one is supposed to make some filings with SEC on the mere intent to go private. Felon is exposed. Reading that SoftBank deemed Tesla as overvalued. Interesting times ahead
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-08/its-overvalued-tesla-dips-report-musk-softbank-talks-failed

Gee vooke, ZeroHedge is a Kirinyaga Road tabloid. Written by "Tyler Durden" no less :o The "columnist" likened Tesla to Theranos barely a week ago.

You skirt around the main point : Tesla stock did not shoot just because Wall Street wants a $15 payday. Tesla Limited would have the highest number of individual owners in history. They're buying for keeps.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2018, 05:16:51 PM »
Ms Robina,

Gee vooke, ZeroHedge is a Kirinyaga Road tabloid. Written by "Tyler Durden" no less :o The "columnist" likened Tesla to Theranos barely a week ago.

You skirt around the main point : Tesla stock did not shoot just because Wall Street wants a $15 payday. Tesla Limited would have the highest number of individual owners in history. They're buying for keeps.

Tesla is going private..
I think its the best move. This crap of quarterly earnings doesn't help companies develop long term strategies.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 09:21:49 AM »
Ms Robina,

Tesla is going private..
I think its the best move. This crap of quarterly earnings doesn't help companies develop long term strategies.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2018, 10:41:19 AM »
Pastor kingereza miingi  :) What is Tesla v GM marketshare? What is Tesla vs GM valuation? Why the big disparity? Discuss.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2018, 12:33:04 PM »
Pastor kingereza miingi  :) What is Tesla v GM marketshare? What is Tesla vs GM valuation? Why the big disparity? Discuss.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2018, 07:52:52 PM »

That. Or the investors know Tesla is the future.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2018, 08:22:15 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2018, 08:54:58 PM »

There are really very few investors ready to take on the risk of a unicorn. A well established company like Dell had to hawk itself with a very good offer to go private. There are quite a few big investors interested in Tesla starting with the Saudis and the Russians - oil giants - and the Chinese.. Give it a few days.