Author Topic: The People's Assembly Loading....  (Read 18980 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: The People's Assembly Loading....
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
In January after Chebukati was appointed we were assured the rigging machinery had been decimated. Now the poor man must go. In 2022 it'll be the same story - the sophisticated machinery - after Raila's upteenth beating. He needs to let fresh ideas take root - instead of the stale boycott  :) - like Bob Dole, Al Gore, Mitt Romney and other democrats.
Exactly.

That Raila lost to Uhuruto can only be blamed on the chaotic mess that was NASA.

And NASA, instead of taking responsibility for their own shortcomings, believe pushing the blame away will work wonders.

If NASA continues on this self-destructive path, Ruto might make it in 2022 (that is, if the MKM allow him...which I doubt).

Hehe that's why Mr Odinga needs to let young turks in. They could pull a fast one on Jubilee like he did in Kanu. Without all the baggage. The whole point in democracy is to accept others have worthy ideals no matter how brilliant your own.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 05:16:45 AM »
The days when others like you had a monopoly on what is the truth and the way forward  are long gone.  Raila won in 2007, 2013 and 2017 and that is the truth as far as we are concerned. We will not accept and move on. Time is on our side and time will prove we were right all along.  We reject all falsehoods and lectures by jubilee hypocrites with all the contempt that they deserve.   

In January after Chebukati was appointed we were assured the rigging machinery had been decimated. Now the poor man must go. In 2022 it'll be the same story - the sophisticated machinery - after Raila's upteenth beating. He needs to let fresh ideas take root - instead of the stale boycott  :) - like Bob Dole, Al Gore, Mitt Romney and other democrats.
Exactly.

That Raila lost to Uhuruto can only be blamed on the chaotic mess that was NASA.

And NASA, instead of taking responsibility for their own shortcomings, believe pushing the blame away will work wonders.

If NASA continues on this self-destructive path, Ruto might make it in 2022 (that is, if the MKM allow him...which I doubt).
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »
Pastor, we are doing what we believe to be the right thing driven by the faith that we will succeed. We leave the predictions to those who sincerely do not have a dog in this dog. If we achieve our goals, it will be described as the greatest experiment of our time. What is unacceptable is accepting the status quo as Robina has decided to and to capitulate and succumb to ouruto dictatorship and a return to the Moi days with arap mashamba at the helm.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
The days when others like you had a monopoly on what is the truth and the way forward  are long gone.  Raila won in 2007, 2013 and 2017 and that is the truth as far as we are concerned. We will not accept and move on. Time is on our side and time will prove we were right all along.  We reject all falsehoods and lectures by jubilee hypocrites with all the contempt that they deserve.   

Exactly.

Truth? You speak of truth while spouting what NASA has fed you without counter checking?

Example: gleefully attacking Ruto on the hustler jet when it's Rao who first started using it:

Raila was without a doubt robbed of his victory in 2007 but lost due to his own ineptitude in 2013 & 2017. Interestingly, without Ruto at his side organizing, he blew it both times. Food for thought, n'est pas? I don't think I even need bother mentioning Orengo's own words to Ranneberger on how hopeless Raila is as a manager.

I just hope you (and other NASA supporters) can drop this attitude that when I or others criticize Rao that I'm for Uhuruto. If NASA took criticism seriously and worked on their (Rao's) problems, we'd have crowned him PORK in August, second term. Yet here we are, still going around in circles yelling "Stolen elections". It's like listening to a broken record.

Sigh [emoji33]

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
Empedocles - All NASA supporters are equal but some are more equal than others. Don't confuse them with facts.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
Empedocles - All NASA supporters are equal but some are more equal than others. Don't confuse them with facts.
My bad [emoji16]

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »

Last week, we announced that NASA and all its supporters do not recognise the exercise conducted on October 26th 2017 as an election under the Constitution of Kenya.

We equally do not recognise the declaration of Uhuru Kenyatta as President-elect as a constitutional pronouncement capable of constituting him as a legitimate President of the Republic of Kenya.

The refusal by IEBC and the Jubilee Party to allow the people of Kenya to lend their sovereignty to a properly elected president through free, fair and credible elections does not however leave the people of Kenya with no options.

As we have said before, as a people, we are not powerless against a government that has closed its ears to reason and logic.
Our constitution had foreseen such circumstances like the ones we are in and provided that the people of Kenya have a right to exercise their sovereignty directly or through elected representatives.

As the people of Kenya are now unable to exercise their sovereignty through properly elected representatives following the sham elections of August 8th and 26th October, we have resolved to exercise sovereignty directly.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:16:10 AM by vooke »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »
MOTION

AWARE that on 8th August 2017 and 26th October 2017 IEBC conducted illegal, unconstitutional and undemocratic presidential elections;

RECOGNIZINGOBSERVING that the exercise of the executive authority by the President has in the past few years reintroduced the trappings of the imperial presidency and despotic tendencies in the conduct of public affairs;

KNOWING that Parliament has been legislating unconstitutional, illegal, undemocratic and draconian laws, and in particular laws that contravene the Bill of Rights and the principles for the electoral system; and

ACKNOWLEDGING the sovereign power of the people of Kenya, the supremacy of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the sovereign right or authority of the people to determine the form of governance in Kenya.

THIS HOUSE RESOLVES AS FOLLOWS

a)   The  presidential elections held on 8th August 2017 and 26th October 2017 were each and all invalid, null and void; and no government formed and/or president declared as a consequence thereof, and considering the neglible turnout in the presidential elections held on the latter date, can have constitutional authority or legitimacy to govern;

b)   A Peoples Assembly be formed to discuss and determine the affairs of the country and recommend a pathway towards and for the achievement of the promise, aspirations, objectives and rights and freedoms provided by the Constitution of Kenya 2010;

c)    The House and its membership will participate in the proceedings of the Peoples Assembly and will constitute a special college for the appointment or election of members, delegations and observers to the Peoples Assembly;

d)   A truly independent electoral and boundaries commission be established with a view of holding a fresh presidential election on or before 9th February 2018;

e)   The action and performance of constitutional commissions including the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, the National Police Service, the National Intelligence Service, the Public Service Commission, the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and the National Cohesion and Integration Commission be reviewed with the purpose of ensuring that the said commissions are independent to enable them protect the sovereignty of the people and to promote constitutionalism;

f)   Appropriate measures be undertaken to safeguard and promote devolution and the organs and instruments of devolution including county assemblies and county governments and secure their financial viability and security with the ultimate objective of the creation of larger and autonomous devolved units within one indivisible sovereign nation; and

g)   A review of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 be undertaken to reform the structure of the Executive and Parliament and devolution and to reinforce concrete measures for the promotion of inclusivity, the welfare of the marginalized, the advancement of women and youth, the eradication of corruption and poverty and to secure social justice, equality and fairness.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1ODjHujF00hpjFCBPgNEK4GDAdhRYnqg9/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
What's the use of a special people's college in a NASA county? Isn't the county assembly exactly that?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »
What's the use of a special people's college in a NASA county? Isn't the county assembly exactly that?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 12:04:08 PM »
Empodeocles, Let me get this straight-what I believe, I have been fed by NASA, and somehow, what you regurgitate here day in, day out is independent thinking.  What makes you think that you have an independent mind and I don't? 

Exactly.

Truth? You speak of truth while spouting what NASA has fed you without counter checking?

Example: gleefully attacking Ruto on the hustler jet when it's Rao who first started using it:

Raila was without a doubt robbed of his victory in 2007 but lost due to his own ineptitude in 2013 & 2017. Interestingly, without Ruto at his side organizing, he blew it both times. Food for thought, n'est pas? I don't think I even need bother mentioning Orengo's own words to Ranneberger on how hopeless Raila is as a manager.

I just hope you (and other NASA supporters) can drop this attitude that when I or others criticize Rao that I'm for Uhuruto. If NASA took criticism seriously and worked on their (Rao's) problems, we'd have crowned him PORK in August, second term. Yet here we are, still going around in circles yelling "Stolen elections". It's like listening to a broken record.

Sigh [emoji33]

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »
Empodeocles, Let me get this straight-what I believe, I have been fed by NASA, and somehow, what you regurgitate here day in, day out is independent thinking.  What makes you think that you have an independent mind and I don't? 

Exactly.

Sigh [emoji33]
Because I see through the BS being peddled as politics by both Jubilee and NASA.

Also, it should be patently obvious that what both coalitions want is NOT empowerment for wanainchi but a chance to get to the feeding trough.

I highly respect your opinion, however much I disagree with it.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 06:47:33 PM »

Exactly.

Sigh [emoji33]
Because I see through the BS being peddled as politics by both Jubilee and NASA.

Also, it should be patently obvious that what both coalitions want is NOT empowerment for wanainchi but a chance to get to the feeding trough.

I am sure you have not considered the fact that you may be wrong.  There are very strong arguments to be made that NASA has actually politically empowered wanainchi and they now understand the electoral process much better and how their votes are stolen. When Ruto used to brag that 2017 elections was a forgone conclusion, he literally meant that because he had personal knowledge of the fact that the system was rigged.  That rigged system is being dismantled as Wanainchi are being informed in the court and elsewhere.  I with a whole bunch of Kenyans strongly believe that political empowerment of the people precedes economic empowerment and not the other way round as some others believe.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
I just want to see one historical example where development preceded institutionalism before I buy into the "economy before constitutionalism/institutionalism" biashara. If Paul Kagame drops dead today, can anyone guarantee that his successor will not re-introduce every vice he had banished within two years?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2017, 08:26:53 PM »

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »

Exactly.

Sigh [emoji33]

I am sure you have not considered the fact that you may be wrong.  There are very strong arguments to be made that NASA has actually politically empowered wanainchi and they now understand the electoral process much better and how their votes are stolen. When Ruto used to brag that 2017 elections was a forgone conclusion, he literally meant that because he had personal knowledge of the fact that the system was rigged.  That rigged system is being dismantled as Wanainchi are being informed in the court and elsewhere.  I with a whole bunch of Kenyans strongly believe that political empowerment of the people precedes economic empowerment and not the other way round as some others believe.
Oh, I do consider that I could be very wrong in my analysis of these jokers we call leaders (note: from both coalitions).

But (and it's a big but), their past actions not to mention the methods of getting rich at the expense of the common folk speaks very loudly against them.

Again, I wonder, why would they be interested in changing a patronage system which favored them? What logical and reasonable purpose would it serve them to fully implement, say, chapter 6 of the constitution? How would they get their key financial supporters (the so-called tenderpreneurs) to rally behind them without allowing them to plunder the country?

I could go on and on but I trust you can see what I'm getting at.

Yet again, I repeat, I could be very wrong and NASA, when/if they get into power, would go after ALL the corruption suspects without fear or favor, even if said suspects helped them clinch power.

You really believe NASA would (forget Jubilee. It's a given they wouldn't)?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
Kichwa is a progressive and lives on the right side of history. However he was asked a progressive question and had no answer

Very convenient that you've only supported all the progressive reforms with Odingas at the helm.

You must be facing really hard times seeing Raila at his sunset and without an odinga at the top.

I mean tell me - after Odinga died in 1994 - and Wamalwa who was equally progressive took over the party - why did you switch to NDP with Odinga :) - essentially a Luo party.

Why did you not stand up like Orengo, Okiko (blind dude from Siaya) and many progressive Luos - who opposed Raila and stuck with Kijana Wamalwa Or Paul Muite who supported Ford-K through thick and thin.

Okay skip that - when Odinga joined KANU and was Sec General of MOi - did you join him? Yes or NO.

And if you did - what was your take when he was in charge of beating up Orengos & others in "Mageuzi" Movement.

Back to our old debate of tribe v. ideology. I have been very consistent in my support for progressive movements, politicians and activists regardless of their tribe and I still do. In the Moi must go days, I worked with many Kenyans who wanted the same and we supported Kibaki until he changed. Then we worked with Ruto to remove Kibaki until Ruto left to fight against the new  progressive katiba in 2010. I know its hard for a tribal political pundit like you but  Raila and Jaramogi just happens to be luos who share my progressive political ideologies.  Ruto right now is trying to drive this country back to Moi days and there is no way I would even consider supporting such a politician regardless of his/her tribe. 

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=5937.msg47335#msg47335

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 04:55:55 AM »
Robina, I avoided that question because it is a red herring and is only brought to obfuscate the issues at hand and to bring it discussion to the Odingas instead of change/reform.  Why should we discuss who supported Raila or Orengo when they are on the same side today.

Kichwa is a progressive and lives on the right side of history. However he was asked a progressive question and had no answer

Very convenient that you've only supported all the progressive reforms with Odingas at the helm.

You must be facing really hard times seeing Raila at his sunset and without an odinga at the top.

I mean tell me - after Odinga died in 1994 - and Wamalwa who was equally progressive took over the party - why did you switch to NDP with Odinga :) - essentially a Luo party.

Why did you not stand up like Orengo, Okiko (blind dude from Siaya) and many progressive Luos - who opposed Raila and stuck with Kijana Wamalwa Or Paul Muite who supported Ford-K through thick and thin.

Okay skip that - when Odinga joined KANU and was Sec General of MOi - did you join him? Yes or NO.

And if you did - what was your take when he was in charge of beating up Orengos & others in "Mageuzi" Movement.

Back to our old debate of tribe v. ideology. I have been very consistent in my support for progressive movements, politicians and activists regardless of their tribe and I still do. In the Moi must go days, I worked with many Kenyans who wanted the same and we supported Kibaki until he changed. Then we worked with Ruto to remove Kibaki until Ruto left to fight against the new  progressive katiba in 2010. I know its hard for a tribal political pundit like you but  Raila and Jaramogi just happens to be luos who share my progressive political ideologies.  Ruto right now is trying to drive this country back to Moi days and there is no way I would even consider supporting such a politician regardless of his/her tribe. 

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=5937.msg47335#msg47335

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 05:04:30 AM »

Exactly.

Sigh [emoji33]

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 10:00:09 AM »

Exactly.

Sigh [emoji33]

Understood.

But you're focusing on Uhuruto only, as they're the only problem.

Given: a broken down bus. Changing the driver and tout (Uhuruto) with another set won't magically fix the bus. The bus needs qualified mechanics to repair it.

Yet NASA is composed and supported by rejects/tenderpreneurs from the KANU, PNU, etc eras, the exact same people who helped ruin the bus.

It's fallacious to even image they're capable, not to mention even willing, to fix it. That's the state we find ourselves in and why I'm so skeptical of NASA taking us anywhere.