Author Topic: IEBC's Secretariat Vs Commisioners  (Read 2591 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
IEBC's Secretariat Vs Commisioners
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
I struggle to appreciate how these two are supposed to work together PRACTICALLY. They remind me of IPOA Vs NPS dogfights.

Is this the ideal managerial structure?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: IEBC's Secretariat Vs Commisioners
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:19:04 PM »
I am glad they are fighting.  This is the only way the truth will come out. One of this days someone is going to get so pissed off in Kenya that they will spill the beans.  The reason why we do not have prosecution of highly corrupt individuals is because nobody is whistle blowing.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:44:52 PM »
I am glad they are fighting.  This is the only way the truth will come out. One of this days someone is going to get so pissed off in Kenya that they will spill the beans.  The reason why we do not have prosecution of highly corrupt individuals is because nobody is whistle blowing.
True.
Part of the reason why you can dismiss most conspiracy theories is the number of players involved. It's hard for one too many members with diverse motives and ideologies to come together and like say hide cancer cure to benefit 'big pharma's.

But if this was not originally intended, the commission may perform subpar even while 'spilling the brand's. So hat happ NS when there are no beans to spill?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:30 AM »
Akombe says some employees/officials refused to resign so they had to appoint others to manage the re-run.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/-IEBC-chiefs-refused-to-resign-Roselyn-Akombe/1056-4085268-s6j44f/index.html

If the CEO is not managing the rerun, what's he doing in office?

Who between commission and secretariat is responsible for the elections success/failure?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
Akombe says some employees/officials refused to resign so they had to appoint others to manage the re-run.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/-IEBC-chiefs-refused-to-resign-Roselyn-Akombe/1056-4085268-s6j44f/index.html

Who between commission and secretariat is responsible for the elections success/failure?

They are expecting hefty golden parachutes.  You hang on until they pay you just to disappear your hideous ass.  In Kenya, when you screw things up real bad, you get a fat wallet.  Hassan and crew got rich before quitting in the face of chickengate.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
Can't Chebukati just fire the secretariat? What does the Act say?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »

They are expecting hefty golden parachutes.  You hang on until they pay you just to disappear your hideous ass.  In Kenya, when you screw things up real bad, you get a fat wallet.  Hassan and crew got rich before quitting in the face of chickengate.
Like I said, the SCOK ought to give Chebukati the detailed judgment he asked for sooner so he can use it to straight up fire folk without looking like he is scapegoating anyone just to save his own behind. As in "We were all blamed and you, the chair, in particular, yet you're gonna pick on us while you comfortably stay on?" Otherwise, if the same mess happens again, it will not be fair to blame him in my opinion. If Kenyans voted for Uhuru, it is their right to have him, however horrible I feel that choice is. It must be clear that that is what they have chosen, though, and Chebukati must be given all the help he needs to show that easily and clearly.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »

It's good to look at it from the staffs' eyes. Assume they are innocent (i.e. did not receive bribes or deliberately bungle the polls) - their careers are literally ruined! Severance pay might help. What I don't get is why they can't be fired and proceed to Industrial Court.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 11:35:50 AM »
If Alai is to be believed, and Citizen reported it, some Commisioners were opposed to Chebukati's move
https://www.kahawatungu.com/2017/09/07/commissioners-walk-out-chebukati-meeting/

Citizen mentioned something

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »

That's plausible but my point is, if it's impossible to apportion blame between secretariat and commission, then the management structure is bullshiet

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »
If Alai is to be believed, and Citizen reported it, some Commisioners were opposed to Chebukati's move
https://www.kahawatungu.com/2017/09/07/commissioners-walk-out-chebukati-meeting/

Citizen mentioned something
This is why the judgment would be helpful. It would sideline Jubilee/NASA games....

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »
This chebukati guy is on fire. I like it. Let's not have any cock up and screw up.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »
It's not a big deal but someone should seek clarification on the proper interpretation of fresh elections. The last supreme court was either full of daft people or they were directed by Githu (through a nightly house visit  :D) to give that ridiculous interpretation probably because it was what Jubilee wanted at that time.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 04:49:05 PM »
It probably makes sense considering the time limit for holding presidential re-run. I don't think constitution envisage fresh fresh election with nomination.
It's not a big deal but someone should seek clarification on the proper interpretation of fresh elections. The last supreme court was either full of daft people or they were directed by Githu (through a nightly house visit  :D) to give that ridiculous interpretation probably because it was what Jubilee wanted at that time.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 04:59:54 PM »
It's not a big deal but someone should seek clarification on the proper interpretation of fresh elections. The last supreme court was either full of daft people or they were directed by Githu (through a nightly house visit  :D ) to give that ridiculous interpretation probably because it was what Jubilee wanted at that time.

The ruling you are anxious to see may rubbish this interpretation.  Mutungaroo court seems to have done more damage than just giving two paragraphs dismissing the petition.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »
It probably makes sense considering the time limit for holding presidential re-run. I don't think constitution envisage fresh fresh election with nomination.
Forget these elections and imagine one that runs like the recent French elections with no. 1 to 4 all very close with only a difference of a few percentage points. Then there's massive problems and you have to redo it. How could it be fair to exclude no. 3 and 4 in the invalidated elections? Things like these must be properly interpreted and not allowed to become some sort of settled law simply based on current affairs.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 05:04:18 PM »
It makes sense to have everyone who ran previously to ran again. But then again in limited re-run of 60 days - maybe those who conceded and move on - need not bother us. But I agree commonsensical thing to do is to allow everyone who had participated to participate again...but not fresh nomination.
Forget these elections and imagine one that runs like the recent French elections with no. 1 to 4 all very close with only a difference of a few percentage points. Then there's massive problems and you have to redo it. How could it be fair to exclude no. 3 and 4 in the invalidated elections? Things like these must be properly interpreted and not allowed to become some sort of settled law simply based on current affairs.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 05:59:39 PM »
Gen 2:11-13 (KJV)
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? 12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. 13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat

Blame game all over.

SCOK~~>IEBC~~>Chairman~~>Chilobye~~>Junior nobodies :lolz:

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 07:01:39 PM »
Commissioners disown their Chairman and support Chiloba. This IEBC imekwisha
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread