Author Topic: Political realignment thread.  (Read 13392 times)

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
Re: Political realignment thread.
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
No raw nerve was touched, Pundit. I am simply letting you know how much stock I put in all these predictions. Its like asking me to again consult American pundits on their presidential elections. Just not gonna do it. Reality is the best proof of reality. Just a few weeks ago you hadn't the slightest idea that you would be here so soon with fresh predictions, my fren. Raila leaving politics permanently is something I was calling for myself just a short 1 month ago. So please just know I'm not paying attention to all these confident readings of the future by mere mortals. I've learned from experience to take them with a mountain of salt.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017, 11:18:32 AM »
Of course. We try our best to predict the future because I reckon it's human nature. I don't think we can live day by day in politics :) That essence of planning and many human endeavors.
No raw nerve was touched, Pundit. I am simply letting you know how much stock I put in all these predictions. Its like asking me to again consult American pundits on their presidential elections. Just not gonna do it. Reality is the best proof of reality. Just a few weeks ago you hadn't the slightest idea that you would be here so soon with fresh predictions, my fren. Raila leaving politics permanently is something I was calling for myself just a short 1 month ago. So please just know I'm not paying attention to all these confident readings of the future by mere mortals. I've learned from experience to take them with a mountain of salt.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 11:46:07 AM »
Our electoral IQ has improved as a country because of Raila and this will serve Kenya well in the future.  I am glad he withstood the pressure to concede and save his legacy.  Had he done that he would have damaged his legacy even more.  The whole country has benefited from his decision to go to court which gave the Magara court a chance to show case their independence.  These two events will be historically more consequential  than what ouru and ruto could have done in the next five years.  While ouru is destroying his legacy by appearing in public drunk and insulting the judiciary, Raila is building a formidable legacy by changing the electoral system and adding to his legacy of expanding the democratic space in Kenya.
Nobody pressured Babu to concede; Kerry and all observers aksd losers to seek legal redress if he felt cheated.
They did. Kerry kwanza with his speeches of "Oh I know how it is to lose elections, just accept and move on...." However, I don't blame him like some Kenyans coz I also wanted Raila to concede. It seemed both sensible and inevitable at the time. I am glad he didn't listen to voices like mine though
Every statement I recall from Kerry spoke of going to court if unsatisfied. If you have a specific statement to 'accept and move on' please share
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2017, 11:49:11 AM »
I just saw it on France 24 just yesterday on this very discussion between the EU observer and others. He said it very plainly and they discussed that very video. Anyone who wants can look for it. I won't bother.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
I just saw it on France 24 just yesterday on this very discussion between the EU observer and others. He said it very plainly and they discussed that very video. Anyone who wants can look for it. I won't bother.

Here's Kerry's famous CNN interview.
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/08/10/amanpour-interview-john-kerry-kenya-full-interview.cnn/video/playlists/amanpour/
He expressed caution as tallying was ongoing but said he was impressed by what he saw. I don't know why they vilified him.

More importantly, he insisted on due process just when there were protests all over.

If you ever find any foreigner's who pressured Babu to concede be kind enough to share.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2017, 12:39:30 PM »
That's diplo talk.  Behind the scenes, they were very blunt.  In 2007 they put all the pressure on Raila and threatened to support Kibaki if he did not let go.  They tried the same behind the scenes and this time Raila refused.  Kenya is now glad he did because it gave the supreme court the opportunity to take a close look at this case.  What we know now is that our electoral system is going to benefit tremendously from this ruling and that Raila's legacy is even more enhanced.  Just like life is not all about money, democracy and country is not all about numbers. Its also about the rule of law.

Here's Kerry's famous CNN interview.
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/08/10/amanpour-interview-john-kerry-kenya-full-interview.cnn/video/playlists/amanpour/
He expressed caution as tallying was ongoing but said he was impressed by what he saw. I don't know why they vilified him.

More importantly, he insisted on due process just when there were protests all over.

If you ever find any foreigner's who pressured Babu to concede be kind enough to share.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
That's diplo talk.  Behind the scenes, they were very blunt.  In 2007 they put all the pressure on Raila and threatened to support Kibaki if he did not let go.  They tried the same behind the scenes and this time Raila refused.  Kenya is now glad he did because it gave the supreme court the opportunity to take a close look at this case.  What we know now is that our electoral system is going to benefit tremendously from this ruling and that Raila's legacy is even more enhanced.  Just like life is not all about money, democracy and country is not all about numbers. Its also about the rule of law.
Aha, 'diplo-talk'?
Behind the scenes they also promised Uhuru two Greece islands if he accepted the verdict of SCOK

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »
Kerry gave the election a clean bill of health.  If Raila did not get that as a message to move on, then he more naive than I thought.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
Kerry gave the election a clean bill of health.  If Raila did not get that as a message to move on, then he more naive than I thought.
He also gave a touchy-feely anecdote about how he knows what it feels like to lose, he lost a presidential election by only one state, but you have to get over it and move on. I saw the video yesterday: it was the subject of a discussion on France 24 with the guests being the head of the EU observer group and other experts from London and Paris. I'm just not interested in going around digging for it but those were Kerry's words. I don't have hate for him, that's how things looked to him, me and many other people. But to deny that there was pressure on RAO to concede is revisionism.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »
Predictable by a long shot. Poor Kalonzo needs to look harder for someone as ambitious, outspoken, well-heeled to give the party the national outlook at this hour of need. Sarai is almost overambitious. I don't expect him to be heading Jubilee. Likely back to civil society or professorship soon to be special rapporteur like Kiai.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Hassan-Omar-resigns-Wiper/1064-4086422-i4ka68z/index.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2017, 06:53:32 AM »
Isaac Ruto and his CCM will officially decamp today to Jubilee at Kapkatet grounds during UhuRuto rally. UhuRuto will now score 96% plus in Kalenjin land with turnout expected to be very high.. Jubilee will get 1% point from RV.60% is increasingly looking likely.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2017, 08:44:31 AM »
Isaac Ruto and his CCM will officially decamp today to Jubilee at Kapkatet grounds during UhuRuto rally. UhuRuto will now score 96% plus in Kalenjin land with turnout expected to be very high.. Jubilee will get 1% point from RV.60% is increasingly looking likely.

I'm still puzzled why jubilee rigged the elections if(big if) they already had the numbers?  IR would be a fool, he knows he was rigged out by the criminals.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »

Kwisha fika

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »
Thought this guy was unpopular in Meru..?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
It is sad to watch a man/woman sell his soul to the devil.

Kwisha fika

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
Listening to a maasai speaker introducing RAO and assuring him of grassroot support in Narok brought a tear to my eye.  All they have asked him for when he gets to Canaan is water.... bloody water...

That's all they want, sio cabinet positions au high commissions... maji tu.

Unbelievable. 

Tonight, the lying thieving bastards will have nightmares.....

There's even a warning for that reluctant Ole Kaparo that refuses to pursue that unpleasant Moses Ruto.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
Listening to a maasai speaker introducing RAO and assuring him of grassroot support in Narok brought a tear to my eye.  All they have asked him for when he gets to Canaan is water.... bloody water...

That's all they want, sio cabinet positions au high commissions... maji tu.

Unbelievable. 

Tonight, the lying thieving bastards will have nightmares.....

There's even a warning for that reluctant Ole Kaparo that refuses to pursue that unpleasant Moses Ruto.

How are they pulling these crowds in?  We know they are broke. These are not paid attendees.  I saw a rally at Uhuru park today.  It looked rather empty.  More so when you consider that part of that crowd was paid to show up.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »
Munya backtracks
Former Meru Gorvenor Peter Munya has taken? a u-turn and said selling Raila in Meru is like selling pork in Saudi Arabia.
Addressing worshipers in Luma Catholic Church in Muthara Tigania East this morning, Munya apologized to his community for supporting NASA against the will of the Meru community.
He asked all his supporters to vote for Uhuru Kenyatta in the October Presidential Elections.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2017, 02:54:47 PM »
Munya backtracks
Former Meru Gorvenor Peter Munya has taken? a u-turn and said selling Raila in Meru is like selling pork in Saudi Arabia.
Addressing worshipers in Luma Catholic Church in Muthara Tigania East this morning, Munya apologized to his community for supporting NASA against the will of the Meru community.
He asked all his supporters to vote for Uhuru Kenyatta in the October Presidential Elections.
Selling pork in Saudi Arabia?  :lolz: :lolz:

There's an interview he explained why he was supporting Uhuru. He said the mood in the ground and his supporters demanded that. Now the time he's back,I think he has a bright future