Author Topic: An evilusion debate, the board is too quiet  (Read 96879 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: An evilusion debate, the board is too quiet
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
More stupidity. We are engaged here in child like biblical theories of the stone age. You're the only one desperately trying to shut my views regarding the jewish stone age theories...which are relevant...to this thread...that talks about genesis.
How many threads have you 2tarted in the last 24 hours?
let's pick SGR. Supposing I responded by bringing up ballin bae? That's spamming. While you can't control who responds to your posts, you would rightfully call me a spammer if I start talking about RV sodomy there

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
I am not here to evangelize you or convert christian to atheism; am here to share my views, my feelings and my thoughts regarding this subject. And my views once again is that you're engaging in debate of stone age [that is era before iron smelting was even discovered] of the theory of how the universe was formed.....that folks maybe 10,000BC would have found quite novel..but in this century..it pure concentrated nonsense.

Once again this is not a christian forum. The best way if you find my take unpalatable is to ignore them.

Nobody said it is. Christianity is a faith and a topic just like SGR or devilution. And I doubt it is against any RULE of .org. So swallow your pride from a far and watch those who don't subscribe to your faith enjoying Veritas magic :)

Like I said, just because I have never discussed those topics don't mean they are foreign to me. vooke is a Christian and debates from that perspective. You need to write something I haven't come across, share it with me to convince me to abandon my faith. Otherwise you are wasting your time

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2014, 10:15:40 AM »
Share your thoughts in the right threads. Screaming 'Jewish fables!' at every thread is insecurity negro
Start threads on atheism
Christianity is really hurting you

Negro, you are damn insecure
I am not here to evangelize you or convert christian to atheism; am here to share my views, my feelings and my thoughts regarding this subject. And my views once again is that you're engaging in debate of stone age [that is era before iron smelting was even discovered] of the theory of how the universe was formed.....that folks maybe 10,000BC would have found quite novel..but in this century..it pure concentrated nonsense.

Once again this is not a christian forum. The best way if you find my take unpalatable is to ignore them.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »

Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »
Why on earth would christianity hurt me. I have pity for christians. What hurt me is stupidity. I just cannot stand stupid people and stupid ideas.

The fact is the bibble is jewish fable. Disprove that.

Share your thoughts in the right threads. Screaming 'Jewish fables!' at every thread is insecurity negro
Start threads on atheism

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
You can interpret the bible to say anything. It a fit-all.It written that way. It designed that way. It like those methalis of wazee wa zamani. Or child hood stories...that can mean anything.

Science is quite different.....

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:33 AM »
Negro,
you can't scream louder than your conscience
Why on earth would christianity hurt me. I have pity for christians. What hurt me is stupidity. I just cannot stand stupid people and stupid ideas.

The fact is the bibble is jewish fable. Disprove that.

Start threads on atheism

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2014, 10:26:49 AM »
Yeah christianity really hurt me.Now get back to discussing genesis of stone age jewish people. I wonder what 1B hindus creation theory is like or maybe the 4B budha worshiping asians? my bet? equally retarded.
Negro,

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »
But for the accident of birth, vooke would be demanding the head of a Yazidi impaled on his gate.  Any Yazidi.  Ukoloni, ensures that he is a pastor quoting scriptures.  Instead of a witchdoctor reading bones and entrails. 

The truth or otherwise of it aside.  Religion seems to be thoroughly embedded in the human psyche.  I am ready to admit that I and fellow atheists are the oddities. 

Another way to put it.  Why do hominids worship things?  If we ignore the, over 6 billion, religious answers.  I think there is an evolutionary value in religion.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2014, 07:04:26 AM »

Seems Pundit managed to shut down the discussion, lol! I'm over-ruling him. :D

Bitter-truth, I'm wary of Christians digging for "scientific facts" in the Bible to prove the truth of it, just as I am wary of those who claim the Bible has the science wrong. If you believe as you say that the Bible was never intended to teach science, then I think looking for those scientific factoids that "prove" the Bible is itself a mistake. Just my 0.02 Kshs! :D
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2014, 07:11:14 AM »
I didn't stop the endless debate. I suggested like i have done previously that unlock the bible; study the source of the bible; the jewish people history; study the anthropology of the bible; and you'll understand the simplistic stone age theories.
Seems Pundit managed to shut down the discussion, lol! I'm over-ruling him. :D

Bitter-truth, I'm wary of Christians digging for "scientific facts" in the Bible to prove the truth of it, just as I am wary of those who claim the Bible has the science wrong. If you believe as you say that the Bible was never intended to teach science, then I think looking for those scientific factoids that "prove" the Bible is itself a mistake. Just my 0.02 Kshs! :D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
you only need to pdemonstrate that you are more fulfilled and productive as an atheist over vooke.
shairi achia Mark Twain
But for the accident of birth, vooke would be demanding the head of a Yazidi impaled on his gate.  Any Yazidi.  Ukoloni, ensures that he is a pastor quoting scriptures.  Instead of a witchdoctor reading bones and entrails. 

The truth or otherwise of it aside.  Religion seems to be thoroughly embedded in the human psyche.  I am ready to admit that I and fellow atheists are the oddities. 

Another way to put it.  Why do hominids worship things?  If we ignore the, over 6 billion, religious answers.  I think there is an evolutionary value in religion.

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
Kadame,
Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power, and motion. Genesis 1:1,2 revealed such truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: "In the beginning [TIME] God created [POWER] the heaven [SPACE] and the earth [MATTER] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [MOTION] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe
Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:17 AM »
I was in Hyderabad a few months ago. One fact for sure is that more and more hindus are converted  to Christianity everyday. I was able to attend a church and shared with prominent Indian Hindu converts.
The Christian doctrine of resurrection stands apart from the Hindu doctrine of reincarnation. These two ideas are not the same. And it is only the resurrection which can be deduced convincingly from historical and evidential study.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Hindu-Christian.html#ixzz3E7PIUQLw

Yeah christianity really hurt me.Now get back to discussing genesis of stone age jewish people. I wonder what 1B hindus creation theory is like or maybe the 4B budha worshiping asians? my bet? equally retarded.
Negro,

• Enigma
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »
you only need to pdemonstrate that you are more fulfilled and productive as an atheist over vooke.
shairi achia Mark Twain

Another way to put it. Granted. 

Would the world be a different place without religion? Or is it a vestigial byproduct of excess grey matter? 

Do chimps, our closest cousins, have religion? 

I am going out on a limb.  Saying that everything with a brain has religion on some level.  Let's discuss why.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »
What is religion?

Would the world be a different place without religion? Or is it a vestigial byproduct of excess grey matter? 

I am going out on a limb.  Saying that everything with a brain has religion on some level.  Let's discuss why.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »
https://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_article/621/Our_Heart_is_Restless_St_Augustine.html

St Augustine of Hippo, in his famous confessions. St. Augustine struggled for years to accept the God of his mother St. Monica. Even after he had been intellectually convinced of Christianity, his heart remained yet unbelieving. He prayed to God for belief for years until he got it by the gift of grace. If someone asked him why men seek God, I wager he would say "You(God) have made us for yourself. And our hearts are restless, until they rest in you."

My 0.02/= :)

• Enigma
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2014, 03:42:55 PM »
What is religion?

The framework that encompasses worship, veneration, divination, prophecies...Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc.  Non-atheism.

Another way to frame the same question.  Why are some people atheistic?  This question can still help answer why people are religious.

Harriet Tubman

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
Kadame,
Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power, and motion. Genesis 1:1,2 revealed such truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: "In the beginning [TIME] God created [POWER] the heaven [SPACE] and the earth [MATTER] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [MOTION] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe
I understand. Interesting view. My view is that there's no science in the scriptures. As I've seen it said by one writer, when our Lord spoke of the mustard seed as the smallest seed and its tree as the greatest herb, he was not thereby laying down a principle of botany. 8) Rather, he was concerned with teaching a supernatural truth about the kingdom of God on Earth using the common understanding of his audience.

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2014, 05:49:38 PM »
Kababe,
Science confirms the Bible, Its not a matter of choice between Science and Bible. There is no insoluble conflict between the two.
While the Bible is not written as a science textbook when it speaks of nature you will note that whenever it speaks on nature and science it is accurate. Only creator could communicate this.
A good portion of our modern science was founded by creationists.
Galileo with Heliocentricity ,Issac Newton with Calculas and gravity, particle theory of light
Joseph Liste with Antiseptic surgery
Louis Pastuer - sterilization, bacteriology he is one of the greatest biologists.
Johann Kepler -celestial mechanics astronomy .... the list is huge

I understand. Interesting view. My view is that there's no science in the scriptures. As I've seen it said by one writer, when our Lord spoke of the mustard seed as the smallest seed and its tree as the greatest herb, he was not thereby laying down a principle of botany. 8) Rather, he was concerned with teaching a supernatural truth about the kingdom of God on Earth using the common understanding of his audience.