Author Topic: Vooke: Mutoko Sister  (Read 8814 times)

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: Vooke: Mutoko Sister
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
Got it. Used to happen to me growing up..nothing serious...the falling and temporarily lose of consciousness happen to me twice i think 2 or 3 yrs ago...all the time...i had been drinking in my couch later at night..and gone for a pee.
google orthostatic hypotension.

Yes it can happen to anyone anytime, but as long as you are aware you can minimize injury. Warning signs are you may feel dizzy when getting up. People who exercise a lot and dont drink as much fluids are also prone. Solution is to drink drink drink, lots of fluids like water and if you exercise alot, something like gatorade.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
Pundit
You need to bring your BP up, otherwise you may end up hurting yourself or others. Orthostatic hypo-tension mainly happens in older people, like >85, due to weakening heart muscle and taking meds. Please seek medical advice.
Drinking more water and increasing salt intake may solve the problem, but do it under medical supervision. Alcohol slows down the sympathetic system, so a slowdown in heart rate and the resulting BP.

Got it. Used to happen to me growing up..nothing serious...the falling and temporarily lose of consciousness happen to me twice i think 2 or 3 yrs ago...all the time...i had been drinking in my couch later at night..and gone for a pee.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »
@ Mya ,

Just call is postural hypotension ( postural = related to posture)

Mya,
Thanks for the tips. orthostatic iyo ni gani. Let me google.

Offline Nyakinywa

• Regular

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.