Author Topic: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead  (Read 26122 times)

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
Clearly this was a cold blooded murder of a loud gov critic cum conman and gov ought to investigate this speedily and professionally like they should for every kenyan killed...but especially one that had named top gov offiical wanting him dead. The family too should engage private investigators.

Speculation of who did it? Why they did it? And how they did it?  There are so many angles considering his double/triple lifes...it could have been Jubilee gov or some politician or  business deal gone sore or international hitmen considering he was proxy for some in the minning sector or even his wife.

We need to wait for police investigators first. They did a fairly quick job on Kabete Mp so I say give them some flak for now.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »
Inspector Clouseau's latest. 

Scratched:  The AP's, hammers on bullet proof windows, motorcycle assassins. 

Added: Several persons, of no specific description, interviewed who may have communicated with him.  Also, a woman.  They see her on CCTV in Juma's car between 7:34 pm and 8:14 pm.  They talk to her.  She confirms she met Jacob Juma at lunch and had agreed to meet him later that evening. 

Also a list of pending cases under investigations or in court.  It would appear that Jacob Juma may have threatened to kill Fred Gumo over 14.8 million, was threatened to be killed by Brian Yongo, may have forged documents related to Kidero, may have been otherwise an asshole.

What is not clear: Have they talked to Jacob Juma's wife yet?  She says she called his phone several times that night.

It is not clear from the report if the, said woman actually confirms meeting with Juma that evening, even though it appears to be the case on CCTV.  Only that she meets him at lunch and agrees to meet him later.  Did she confirm meeting him later?

This woman would be the last person they know to have seen Juma alive.  Are there more important things they can learn from this woman, apart from the fact that she met him at lunch and agreed to meet him later?  Is she helping the police with investigations?

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 10:26:58 PM »
Interesting.   So they are on the scene on the night of May 5, and do this and that.    Then they don't get back to it until May 10?   Anyways ... they made up for it with numbers: 27 officers.   

And the pending cases are important because?   Ah, OK; we need a list of suspects. But in the second case Yongo, what on earth is the meaning of "the court had moved and was due to visit the scene of the crime".
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 07:41:04 AM »
Seem pretty solid preliminary report by the cops. And seem the camera that Safaricom/Huwaei installed are working. Our cops certainly have improved their investigative capacity. Hopefully they can get the homicide/forsenic lab finally out there.Folks need to cease baseless theories and let the cops do their job. So far so good. They have Juma just few minutes before he dies. Should be pretty easy to weed out the cars that drove through Ngong/Southern By-pass by around 9..and perhaps the cars that were trailing or monitoring him around those areas. Safaricom also can easily provide call data for those communicating around the area...which I don't think is that populated.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »
Seem pretty solid preliminary report by the cops. And seem the camera that Safaricom/Huwaei installed are working. Our cops certainly have improved their investigative capacity. Hopefully they can get the homicide/forsenic lab finally out there.Folks need to cease baseless theories and let the cops do their job. So far so good. They have Juma just few minutes before he dies. Should be pretty easy to weed out the cars that drove through Ngong/Southern By-pass by around 9..and perhaps the cars that were trailing or monitoring him around those areas. Safaricom also can easily provide call data for those communicating around the area...which I don't think is that populated.

Looking busy and being busy are two very different things (as Moonki alluded to).

I wouldn't be surprised if the cops finger some mkokoteni driver or even the unknown "husband" of the woman Juma was with as the culprit.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »
Cynicism won't take this country any where. That self-defeatist attitude prevent you from see anything praise worthy here. Here are cops who have traced Juma movement in places with precise times. And you don't even notice that.

Security in this country has gotten better the last few yrs (synovate survey yesterday back this) due to such things like those cameras.

Kenya Police release a report with stuff like Advanced Detector Equipment that recover 2 spent catridge. Intelligent Video and Automated Number Plate Recognition. And all we hear is the endless and ceasless whining that is complete copy-paste of 1990!

Acknowledge these cops are getting somewhere close to world class....

Jubilee has done wonderfully here by getting Safcom and Huwaei to roll out world class surveillance in Nairobi and Mombasa. Hope they can roll this out to all major towns. The  is also need to restart some of anglo-leasing ideas that were messed up....such as forensic lab at CID HQ...that I think has been allocated money finally. All these plus mobile calls monitoring, easy to install and cheap gadgdet such as tracking units, cctv everywhere, database linking all IDS, IDs with chips, number plates with chips....are what make countries like America safe...make investigation quicker and reliable.

Looking busy and being busy are two very different things (as Moonki alluded to).

I wouldn't be surprised if the cops finger some mkokoteni driver or even the unknown "husband" of the woman Juma was with as the culprit.

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »
Interesting.   So they are on the scene on the night of May 5, and do this and that.    Then they don't get back to it until May 10?   Anyways ... they made up for it with numbers: 27 officers.   

And the pending cases are important because?   Ah, OK; we need a list of suspects. But in the second case Yongo, what on earth is the meaning of "the court had moved and was due to visit the scene of the crime".
Yep.  May 10th is when they are back looking for ballistics.  The cartridge catcher story was raising many eyebrows, including suggesting their involvement.  That was scratched.

It's a joke on many levels.  I am still not sure why they have not talked to the wife yet.  They did not inform her of the death either.  One might be tempted to talk to her because Juma might have confided something useful in her. 

It looks like those mentioned in the pending cases are where the police are looking to for suspects.  Brian Yongo would seem to be most incriminated because he is reported as having threatened Juma.  Gumo and Kidero are mentioned more as victims than suspects.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
Cynicism won't take this country any where. That self-defeatist attitude prevent you from see anything praise worthy here. Here are cops who have traced Juma movement in places with precise times. And you don't even notice that.

Security in this country has gotten better the last few yrs (synovate survey yesterday back this) due to such things like those cameras.

Kenya Police release a report with stuff like Advanced Detector Equipment that recover 2 spent catridge. Intelligent Video and Automated Number Plate Recognition. And all we hear is the endless and ceasless whining that is complete copy-paste of 1990!

Jubilee has done wonderfully here by getting Safcom and Huwaei to roll out world class surveillance in Nairobi and Mombasa. Hope they can roll this out to all major towns. The  is also need to restart some of anglo-leasing ideas that were messed up....such as forensic lab at CID HQ...that I think has been allocated money finally. All these plus mobile calls monitoring, easy to install and cheap gadgdet such as tracking units, cctv everywhere, database linking all IDS, IDs with chips, number plates with chips....are what make countries like America safe...make investigation quicker and reliable.

While I agree that cynicism for the sake of it is unhelpful, cynicism informed by hard facts of history is not entirely misplaced.  Even when you exclude speculative theories, Kenya police have simply not earned the benefit of the doubt as professionals. 

The police in the US similarly lost my benefit of the doubt when it came to shootings, especially those involving minorities.  When that happens, the police simply have to work harder to earn it back.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 08:55:24 PM »
Agreed.
Police have to work harder to earn the respect.
They need to establish protocol on how to deal with murder cases. The wife heard it from he media!!!
They need a special crimes unit that specifically deals with murders.
The scene should have been secured till all evidence is gathered. Going back creates suspicions.

While I agree that cynicism for the sake of it is unhelpful, cynicism informed by hard facts of history is not entirely misplaced.  Even when you exclude speculative theories, Kenya police have simply not earned the benefit of the doubt as professionals. 

The police in the US similarly lost my benefit of the doubt when it came to shootings, especially those involving minorities.  When that happens, the police simply have to work harder to earn it back.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 08:56:36 PM »

Jubilee has done wonderfully here by getting Safcom and Huwaei to roll out world class surveillance in Nairobi and Mombasa. Hope they can roll this out to all major towns. The  is also need to restart some of anglo-leasing ideas that were messed up....such as forensic lab at CID HQ...that I think has been allocated money finally. All these plus mobile calls monitoring, easy to install and cheap gadgdet such as tracking units, cctv everywhere, database linking all IDS, IDs with chips, number plates with chips....are what make countries like America safe...make investigation quicker and reliable

Well, idealism ain't working.

Have you read the preliminary report?

Have you seen the timings? Of just how fast Juma got from point A to B during Nairobi's notorius traffic jams? Not once, but several times during one evening?

How does one drive from Westlands to Kenyatta/Uhuru highway near the Ministry of Tourism in 4 minutes?

The report is so full of stupid and fatal flaws it's mind boggling.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2016, 07:35:31 AM »
Sometimes at that hour there is not much traffic in Nairobi.I am thinking you've not been in Nairobi lately?
Well, idealism ain't working.

Have you read the preliminary report?

Have you seen the timings? Of just how fast Juma got from point A to B during Nairobi's notorius traffic jams? Not once, but several times during one evening?

How does one drive from Westlands to Kenyatta/Uhuru highway near the Ministry of Tourism in 4 minutes?

The report is so full of stupid and fatal flaws it's mind boggling.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2016, 07:41:23 AM »
Your binary thinking is flawed. For you it either there or not. It either o or 1 or 100%. Life is more of continuum. I am seeing progress here compare to say 2 yrs ago or 10 yrs ago when police would be groping in the dark torturing some poor people around Ngong trying to extract information. Here they've really powerful tools such as automatic number plate detector and intelligent video survillance that already has the first aspect of such investigation nailed down. Now you guys can stop speculating if he was killed elsewhere or not. The cameras captured him driving with a woman..who has been interviewed.

The police used the same tools to nail Muchai murder in very short time. They earned my respect then and I am willing to give them time.

You have to stop thinking in binary.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
Sometimes at that hour there is not much traffic in Nairobi.I am thinking you've not been in Nairobi lately?

Live and work in Nairobi and have driven (well, crawled) along Uhuru highway / Waiyaki way countless times during rush hour.

Look, the timings are suspect but that doesn't mean the police are trying to hide whatever. It could mean that the timestamp received is not really accurate or the pictures were taken on a Sunday, or ...... whatever. The timings should have been queried by inspector Clouseau.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »
He should have went into exile, tweet from there once the policies on armoured cars and guns licensing coincided with deaths threats. Well, looks impunity gets the better of us all.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
The police are really "investigating":

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
Seem investigation is proceeding well.

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »

Furious investigations indeed.  They have talked to Karen Police.  The owner of the towing vehicle.  They have identified two more girlfriends.  Part of a maid's salary.

Recent developments are suggesting the murder weapon may have been located.  A gun, an AK47.  Matching the two bullets found a week later at the crime scene.  Found on a dead suspect.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »

Furious investigations indeed.  They have talked to Karen Police.  The owner of the towing vehicle.  They have identified two more girlfriends.  Part of a maid's salary.

Recent developments are suggesting the murder weapon may have been located.  A gun, an AK47.  Matching the two bullets found a week later at the crime scene.  Found on a dead suspect.
It can be very confusing sometimes. I think they said that they recovered an AK47 from a robber weapon and its ballistics match the casings found at the murder scene.

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2016, 04:29:24 PM »

It can be very confusing sometimes. I think they said that they recovered an AK47 from a robber weapon and its ballistics match the casings found at the murder scene.
While there are serious doubts whether that is the murder scene, it is something like that.  There was a shootout, some thugs were killed, and the putative murder weapon of Jacob Juma found in their possession.

Harriet Tubman

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2016, 04:43:48 PM »
Sound suspicious but police have a good start to continue with the investigation...find out where these thugs were on the fateful day...thro their phone records, the car they were using, bla de bla.

In short lets us give them more time.

They are doing fine so far. They've take 28 statements and have done the ground work.

Ak47 has been found. Now it time to find the owner. Most of the time the thugs hire the guns from a gun runner. They don't own it.

While there are serious doubts whether that is the murder scene, it is something like that.  There was a shootout, some thugs were killed, and the putative murder weapon of Jacob Juma found in their possession.