Author Topic: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead  (Read 26741 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 04:53:50 PM »
Sound suspicious but police have a good start to continue with the investigation...find out where these thugs were on the fateful day...thro their phone records, the car they were using, bla de bla.

In short lets us give them more time.

They are doing fine so far. They've take 28 statements and have done the ground work.

Ak47 has been found. Now it time to be the owner. Most of the time the thugs hire the guns from a gun runner. They don't own it.

While there are serious doubts whether that is the murder scene, it is something like that.  There was a shootout, some thugs were killed, and the putative murder weapon of Jacob Juma found in their possession.
The suspicious bit, for me, was how fast it was tied to the bullets at the murder scene.  Maybe there is just one AK47 doing rounds in Nairobi's crime circles.  I am not opposed to what they are doing, but it seems like the focus is on the character assassination of JJ.  The girlfriends they keep coming up with don't seem to otherwise add any value to the investigation.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »
The girlfriends are the last people seen with him alive. How that cannot be important escapes me. As for Ak47 I don't know enough about ballistic but if the spent cartridge point to the gun, then it's the gun. I think as much as we should be cautious here we need to allow them to conclude investigation. Once investigation is complete then we can decide whether all the loose ends are tied or not.

The suspicious bit, for me, was how fast it was tied to the bullets at the murder scene.  Maybe there is just one AK47 doing rounds in Nairobi's crime circles.  I am not opposed to what they are doing, but it seems like the focus is on the character assassination of JJ.  The girlfriends they keep coming up with don't seem to otherwise add any value to the investigation.

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »
The girlfriends are the last people seen with him alive. How that cannot be important escapes me. As for Ak47 I don't know enough about ballistic but if the spent cartridge point to the gun, then it's the gun. I think as much as we should be cautious here we need to allow them to conclude investigation. Once investigation is complete then we can decide whether all the loose ends are tied or not.

The last person seen alive with him is important.  But the 2 new girlfriends mentioned in the last report, don't seem to add any more useful information than the "28 people" whose information they don't feel the need to share. 

An explanation of the ballistics in relation to this case ought to be a good starting point.  For instance, if JJ was shot through his chest in his car, why didn't bullet that went through him hit the seat?  An artery in his arm was raptured by one of the bullets; why don't the seats in the car look like a slaughterhouse?  Was the crime scene staged? 

I am not getting the impression that these are things Muhoro wants to delve into.  Maybe they are not that important to the investigation.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 06:01:21 PM »
I think you're poking holes into a summary without the benefits of all the details. You don't know if the police are not thinking about all those ideas.
The last person seen alive with him is important.  But the 2 new girlfriends mentioned in the last report, don't seem to add any more useful information than the "28 people" whose information they don't feel the need to share. 

An explanation of the ballistics in relation to this case ought to be a good starting point.  For instance, if JJ was shot through his chest in his car, why didn't bullet that went through him hit the seat?  An artery in his arm was raptured by one of the bullets; why don't the seats in the car look like a slaughterhouse?  Was the crime scene staged? 

I am not getting the impression that these are things Muhoro wants to delve into.  Maybe they are not that important to the investigation.

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 06:42:03 PM »
I think you're poking holes into a summary without the benefits of all the details. You don't know if the police are not thinking about all those ideas.

They have not addressed those questions at all.  The initial police reports had a motorcycle gun crew.  They eventually moved away from that but it's not clear what replaced that.

In other words, we have a crime scene, they don't even have a theory of how his body ends up where it was found.  They have not established what they are investigating, yet they are happy to wash the man's dirty linen in public, casting aspersions with no apparent utility. 

Maybe they should just finish their investigations first and then present a final report.  We get it that Jacob a red blooded Luhya man must have loved his pussy.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »

I watched this show earlier by Onsarigo.  Like I mention earlier, the police probably should shelve their updates until all investigations are complete. 

Muhoro looks weak, even suspicious, when asked about summoning Ruto or JJ's tweets.  He could have just said yes or no, end of story.  But he makes a mountain out of a molehill refusing to answer simple questiona.  Needless to say, nobody expects him to expose his bosses, if it is a political assassination.  But why refuse to answer simple questions that confirm the obvious trajectory of the investigation?

How are these investigative journalists able to get this information?  Like the phone calls.  It's disturbing on many levels.  It was virtually impossible to get phone logs, let alone calls, of kamwana's phones at the ICC.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:31 AM »
I watched this show earlier by Onsarigo.  Like I mention earlier, the police probably should shelve their updates until all investigations are complete. 

Muhoro looks weak, even suspicious, when asked about summoning Ruto or JJ's tweets.  He could have just said yes or no, end of story.  But he makes a mountain out of a molehill refusing to answer simple questiona.  Needless to say, nobody expects him to expose his bosses, if it is a political assassination.  But why refuse to answer simple questions that confirm the obvious trajectory of the investigation?

How are these investigative journalists able to get this information?  Like the phone calls.  It's disturbing on many levels.  It was virtually impossible to get phone logs, let alone calls, of kamwana's phones at the ICC.

In a way, I sort of feel sorry fo Muhoro. He probably has a very good idea who dun it but he simply can't talk.

To continue enjoying the perks his office brings him, he has to act the village fool.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2016, 03:12:39 AM »
He has to follow the law.
But, Kenyan law is for the poor......

In a way, I sort of feel sorry fo Muhoro. He probably has a very good idea who dun it but he simply can't talk.

To continue enjoying the perks his office brings him, he has to act the village fool.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »
I don't think police should summon Ruto at this juncture just because JJ wrote about it. Ruto is DPORK deserving of respect and honour. Unless there is more evidence beyond the tweets the cops have no business talking to him. And if they talk to him that should be strictly confidential.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2016, 01:28:06 PM »
The more one read about JJ the more they discover a loud fraudstar who was living on borrowed times. The man used  to claim to have Bcom degree in finance from UON and yet was failed kenya poly student....and all the litany of lies that media is documenting.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
The more one read about JJ the more they discover a loud fraudstar who was living on borrowed times. The man used  to claim to have Bcom degree in finance from UON and yet was failed kenya poly student....and all the litany of lies that media is documenting.

Ahh yes, but Juma had money. Tons of it.

And, whether one likes it or not, that's how Kenya currently runs.

And Muhoro knows it. Juma's unfortunately dead and can't do anything to Muhoro.

But whoever ordered Juma assassinated is still alive.

Muhoro knows on which side the bread is buttered.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2016, 02:28:08 PM »
He didn't have much money. He was late in rent payments and had one car. He only had a hse in karen and the brothel in Westland was rental. How many of folks have houses in Karen? This was loud fraudster who was moving from one crooked deal to another.

• Enigma
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
Did he sleep around?  Was he wealthy?  Fraudster?  Honest?  Brash? are the things his killer would happily have trending.  It's remarkable that they are headlines now that he is dead and unable to sue.

While the CID is busy competing with tabloids, there is a killer, in all likelihood untouchable, on the loose and will strike again if he faces the same conditions he did from JJ.

JJ may be all or some of these things the media, led by the Nation, is fronting.  But he also repeatedly said his life was under threat from William Ruto.  I have not seen one line in the Daily Nation acknowledging this somewhat more relevant fact.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2016, 05:09:26 PM »

It's amazing that one can recognize readily with minimal evidence that Juma is a fraud and in the same vein ask for Kenya police(an institution more synonymous with fraud than JJ could ever hope to be) to be given space to do their thing.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2016, 05:46:28 PM »
The family can hire themselves a private investigator otherwise what the point of engaging in speculation. The man had enemies running into hundreds. He was a totally flawed character. A crook. Did William Ruto kill him...I highly doubt it...for what end? What would be the motive? Would GoK kill him? For what? Eurobond scandal :) :)  A scandal that never was.

Why would a gov kill a loud mouth that was running on empty? Eti he had stumbled upon Eurobond transactions. I guess all US institutions including the world bank and everyone in btw missed the scandal...and here comes a conman....who latch onto eurobond and is certainly an hero.

It's amazing that one can recognize readily with minimal evidence that Juma is a fraud and in the same vein ask for Kenya police(an institution more synonymous with fraud than JJ could ever hope to be) to be given space to do their thing.

• Enigma
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »
The family can hire themselves a private investigator otherwise what the point of engaging in speculation. The man had enemies running into hundreds. He was a totally flawed character. A crook. Did William Ruto kill him...I highly doubt it...for what end? What would be the motive? Would GoK kill him? For what? Eurobond scandal :) :)  A scandal that never was.

Why would a gov kill a loud mouth that was running on empty? Eti he had stumbled upon Eurobond transactions. I guess all US institutions including the world bank and everyone in btw missed the scandal...and here comes a conman....who latch onto eurobond and is certainly an hero.

I take it that because the victim is flawed, then the cops are free to engage in gossip and peddle half-truths and not be called out.  To be fair, I don't think he was a saint.  At the same time, regardless of who killed him, I'd be delusional to think Kenya police would out him if it were a jubilant leader.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2016, 08:07:04 PM »
What is half truth. Cops have been fair to him and focused on last day --2 ladies--and well known cases. The media have dug out the rest. This is a crook we shouldn't be wasting time...if CORD were not running on empty and trying so hard to make an hero out of a conman.

Never before I have seen attempts to make an hero out of a crook...

If Ruto or Uhuru want to get into a nasty murder...it certainly won't be a crook they probably had full intelligence on. It would be someone who was a real threat. Someone at level of Raila or Kalonzo or Wetangula...why waste bullets on someone living in borrowed times.

I take it that because the victim is flawed, then the cops are free to engage in gossip and peddle half-truths and not be called out.  To be fair, I don't think he was a saint.  At the same time, regardless of who killed him, I'd be delusional to think Kenya police would out him if it were a jubilant leader.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:07 AM »
So it looks like the cops are saying it was a "random" killing by a notorious gang who were all "unfortunately" killed?

The four-man gang found with the AK47 said to have been used in the murder of Jacob Juma has been linked to 15 cases of carjack and kidnap in the past five months.

Police yesterday identified two gang members, who include 28-year-old police constable Simon Muturi and 39-year-old Francis Kinuthia from Gatundu South. The two are believed to be members of a four-man gang infamous for carjacking and kidnapping in Nairobi.

Police shot the four suspects last Sunday at the Nyayo Roundabout in Nairobi. They were shot dead hours after receiving Sh70,000 from their last carjack victim. Muturi, an officer interdicted on suspicion he was involved in crime, is said to be the leader of the gang accused of at least 20 cases of carjack, kidnap and demand for ransom. Muturi was interdicted in 2012. At the time he was serving at the Central Police station in Mombasa.

More: http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/05/27/gang-in-juma-death-linked-to-15-carjackings-kidnap-cases_c1358503

Interesting reading comment from the Star:

And this is the picture of the supposed killer with the helicopter:

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »
Considering these thugs never stole anything from Juma..I am not going to buy that Nyayo Stadium gang of 4 were involved here. This was an calculated assisination. By who? Is what we need to find out.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
Considering these thugs never stole anything from Juma..I am not going to buy that Nyayo Stadium gang of 4 were involved here. This was an calculated assisination. By who? Is what we need to find out.

This sham investigation is deliberately hitting a dead end.