Author Topic: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead  (Read 26125 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 06:30:27 PM »
It's political. Hallmarks of state sponsored killing. Private mercenaries are subtle like accidents and avoid the limelight.

Warning about Eurobond.

He drove a bulletproof vehicle and carried a gun. If someone is hammering your window you drive off or at least honk and shoot back.

A professional assassin would've shot him before he got in the car. Someone close to him was likely involved.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 07:49:56 PM »
It certainly appears that he was assassinated over something, but I doubt that it was Eurobond.   His claims in that regard are so absurd that they cannot be taken seriously.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 10:20:09 PM »
The W140 Mercedes model S320 he drove was not bulletproof.

The windows of the W140 came with double pane glazed for sound insulation which many wrongly assume are bulletproof (for the sake of Veritas, I don't want to post the pictures of Juma's car here).  The bulletproof model was offered on the S600 (6L engine) only as the S320's M104 3.2L engine was too weak for the massive additional weight.

But I do agree, where it (supposedly?) happened and the circumstances are odd (Ngong road is rather busy, even at 9:30pm on a Thursday night). That no witnesses have shown up? Nobody supposedly heard the 10 (!) shots.

We know in Kenya such murders are never solved.  A hit is a hit.

Yet another one hit, just today:

Police in Kayole are investigating an incident where a couple was brutally killed by unknown people.

Nairobi CID boss Ireri Kamwende said the criminals chopped off the breasts of the primary school teacher and mutilated her husband's genitals.

The couple was discovered dead at their rented house in Matopeni estate in Kayole this afternoon.

Kamwende said the body of Ruth Mbuthia, 55, was discovered in a pool of blood alongside her 60 year-old husband Stanley Muiruri.

Neighbor's reported to the police after they failed to see the couple for the better part of yesterday.

Police are yet to establish the motive of the heinous crime as nothing was stolen from their home.

Source: http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/05/09/kayole-woman-and-husband-brutally-murdered-genitals-chopped_c1347568

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 02:02:53 AM »
If someone is hammering your window you drive off or at least honk and shoot back.

Inspector Clouseau, with the kind of "deep insight" that only he understands, started his investigations right there:

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/relatives-confront-police-for-failing-to-secure-Jumas-vehicle/-/1056/3194752/-/1h0xrxz/-/index.html

The next step is to leave no stone unturned ... if a stone can be found.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 05:26:06 AM »
His vehicle was bulletproof. If it wasn't bulletproof they would have shot the window instead of "hammering" it. It's not the first time he's been shot at or held at gun point. It's like they're trying to explain for the lack of shells.

He wasn't some lonely SOB intoxicated at 9PM screaming obscenities at some outskirt pub among strangers. He was with people he knew.

In normal circumstances, he would've been rushed to the hospital, given the busy area, lack of blood loss, lack of shells.

He may have been poisoned or given a rufie beforehand hence the toxicology report.

Eurobond absurd? You're joking. You obviously don't know the half of it.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
There are so many conflicting stories about how he was killed that its impossible to capture the story in detail. This was a JM Kariuki look alike killing. He knew too much that he had to go.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »

Well, why don't you tell me the half of it.   As far as I can tell, what he knew about Eurobond etc. just  slightly exceeds what my dog knows---and that's only because my dog can't  read or otherwise follow media stories.    Where he definitely beat my dog is in Fantasy & Lurid Tales.

His death at the hands of criminals is reprehensible, as is any such death.   But this idea that the guy, with his somewhat dodgy background,  was some Great Anti-Corruption Fighter or somehow "adding value" to the well-being of the nation!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »
Well, why don't you tell me the half of it.   As far as I can tell, what he know about Eurobond etc. just  slightly exceeds what my dog knows---and that's only because my dog can't  read or otherwise follow media stories.    Where he definitely beat my dog is in Fantasy & Lurid Tales.

His death at the hands of criminals is reprehensible, as is any such death.   But this idea that the guy, with his somewhat dodgy background,  was some Great Anti-Corruption Fighter or somehow "adding value" to the well-being of the nation!

To be fair, the man seems to have been the first or one of the first to raise a stink about the Eurobond affair.  His problem is a strong affinity for hyperbole giving the impression that he knows more than what is in the public domain.  I have noticed similar exaggerations and outright falsehoods coming from Sarah Elderkin.

Juma probably felt he needed to embellish Eurobond saga to get some attention.  I am assuming that if he said the accurate truth that there is no authentic confirmation that money moved from the Sovereign Bond to the Consolidated Fund, nobody apart from the treasury mandarins would pay any attention.  There is no drama.  That is normal stealing.

Conversely it could also be just a character flaw. 

Raila also suffers the same problem; just recently he claimed JJ had 18 bullets in his head, even though he was among the first to view the body.

One has to believe the police are fine with the conflicting reports surrounding his death.  Otherwise they would put out an official account and stick with.  At this point I would not be surprised if it turns out that someone wrung his neck and smeared a small amount of chicken blood in his car.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 06:08:12 PM »
RAO always has evidence. The mzee might be nutty but when it comes to political foresight, he relies on eyes and ears everywhere.

Eurobond in Kenya's case involved bribing the ICC to drop charges against Kenyatta. The same names are presently involved with other malicious intents around the globe. I guess with time these things will be exposed.

MK, people can't handle truths, at least not all at once.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »
Eurobond in Kenya's case involved bribing the ICC to drop charges against Kenyatta.

It appears that Rotich & Co might go for another Eurobond.    Presumably that one's for the UN Security Council---to make sure that the cases stay dead (given that they were terminated "without prejudice" for a restart).

MK, people can't handle truths, at least not all at once.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »
The IMF has given the Eurobond a clean bill of health:

IMF backs Treasury on Eurobond cash details

More: http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/IMF-backs-Treasury-on-Eurobond-cash-details/-/539552/3198352/-/o2on19z/-/index.html

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 10:38:43 PM »
Then why is Juma DEAD!!
He had the details and as such he lost his life.

More: http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/IMF-backs-Treasury-on-Eurobond-cash-details/-/539552/3198352/-/o2on19z/-/index.html

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 11:12:54 PM »
Then why is Juma DEAD!!
He had the details and as such he lost his life.

It's hard to say why Jacob Juma is dead.  If he were less colorful, that might be an easy conclusion to make. 

The interesting party, me thinks, is the Auditor General.  Maybe he should take the IMF's tabulations and use them to finalize his special audit.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 12:31:50 AM »

I would not necessarily say that.   (Note that this does not imply that I believe the money was necessarily stolen.)  This statement

is carefully worded and actually tells us very little.   That is because all the offshore accounts in the story are in fact CBK accounts, and the money was always "at the disposal of ...".     

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 03:58:01 AM »

I would not necessarily say that.   (Note that this does not imply that I believe the money was necessarily stolen.)  This statement

is carefully worded and actually tells us very little.   That is because all the offshore accounts in the story are in fact CBK accounts, and the money was always "at the disposal of ...".     
That is true.  From their side all systems are go.  They see the money go into the blackbox and they are happy as clams.  The rest are internal details which concern the furiously working auditor general, and one would think Kenyans in general. 

Ag's annual report is almost six months overdue.  His special audit, its already been months and counting.  If the Eurobond was handled properly, he is not in a hurry to give it a clean bill of health.  Maybe he is working for Raila as alleged elsewhere on the forum.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 10:02:22 AM »

Agreed.

Here's another "interesting" theory on why Juma was targeted (has to due with melamine laced Brookside milk):

https://komboakenya.wordpress.com/2016/05/10/why-they-killed-jacob-juma/

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
They've done much worse than that. Kenyans don't buy milk or shop for groceries aside from kiosks. Most stuff at Nakumatt are out of date and laced with harmful chemicals especially dairy produce. Those melamine milk tin scares from China ended up in Kenya. Want not, waste not. When I was in Kenya I used to get my cheese, icecream etc. from the Eldoret cheese factory. Melamine is a first world scare.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »
They've done much worse than that. Kenyans don't buy milk or shop for groceries aside from kiosks. Most stuff at Nakumatt are out of date and laced with harmful chemicals especially dairy produce. Those melamine milk tin scares from China ended up in Kenya. Want not, waste not. When I was in Kenya I used to get my cheese, icecream etc. from the Eldoret cheese factory. Melamine is a first world scare.

Oh boy.

I don't know what to say.

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 11:58:43 AM »

Agreed.

Here's another "interesting" theory on why Juma was targeted (has to due with melamine laced Brookside milk):

https://komboakenya.wordpress.com/2016/05/10/why-they-killed-jacob-juma/

It's so outlandish you have to assume it is a jubilant masterpiece.  The aim?  To paint Jacob Juma as someone you cannot take seriously(at all), even as police keep coming up with ever more bizzare theories how he was murdered.

JJ's latest "revelations" were nonsense.  The stuff of hallucinations.  But the man was also a real thorn in the flesh of William Ruto.  To pick a random exampe, Weston.

Why do I think it's jubilant literature? Because no one has been arrested or indicted.  It's illegal in Kenya; ole Kaparo, CID and Kenyan courts would have been on the author like white on rice. 

That is the kind of literature that was consumed and washed down with banana beer in Rwanda pre-1994.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »
It's so outlandish you have to assume it is a jubilant masterpiece.  The aim?  To paint Jacob Juma as someone you cannot take seriously(at all), even as police keep coming up with ever more bizzare theories how he was murdered.

JJ's latest "revelations" were nonsense.  The stuff of hallucinations.  But the man was also a real thorn in the flesh of William Ruto.  To pick a random exampe, Weston.

Why do I think it's jubilant literature? Because no one has been arrested or indicted.  It's illegal in Kenya; ole Kaparo, CID and Kenyan courts would have been on the author like white on rice. 

That is the kind of literature that was consumed and washed down with banana beer in Rwanda pre-1994.

There is so much BS floating around the net from bloggers it'll be a full time job policing them and the resources are stolen in any case.

Ever try and read from someone like Mugo wa Wairimu (the suspected rapist), who also has outlandish things to say on behalf of Jubilee?

Both sides of the political divide have nutcases constantly blogging nonsense.