Author Topic: Hullabaloo about Eurobond is bad politics gone wrong  (Read 18273 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Hullabaloo about Eurobond is bad politics gone wrong
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
So everyone has been threatened? Very rich. If there was an opportunity for Raila to know stuff..then it was now. He has two of his appointee sitting at apex. Adhiambo & Ouko.

Now which money was not moved here. This has been explained severally. I am not suprised treasury & cbk are tired of doing this. Treasury paid syndicated loan from JP Morgan. It also asked JP morgan to wire part  of the money to their account in CBK. The final tranch was directly bought from treasury by CBK and JP morgan transferred the money to CBK's own account in FED Bank US.CBK then credited treasury account with similar Kshs amount. CBK are in this business of buying and selling dollars..so they can stabilize exchange rate...and normal do this with big dollar folks..like KTDA.

No scandal here fellows.

This remind me of ODM making similar claims during Safcom IPO. And Kimunya replied this was not a fish market. Safcom had been sold cheaply at 5sh per share :) while in actual sense treasury had valued safcom at 180B kshs...which was a real steal then.

Little knowledge is dangerous. And Raila can barely understand all these complicated stuff.

I believe that that this is a "Two-Step Monkey Business",  Step 1 in the USA, Step 2 in Kenya?   

Step 2: We await the a-g's report, which is now several months overdue.   (Death threats etc. can, I imagine, slow down one's good writing hand.)   "Government money" getting eaten in Kenya?   That would be some surprise!  :D

Step 1: So far all we have seen is documentation on purported transfers of the Eurobond money from X to Y.   But, even assuming all the money got transferred to Kenya (or however one puts it), why was large chunk of it apparently just sitting in the USA for something like a couple of months?   To answer that, one actually needs to see all transactions on that account during the relevant months.   Hint: How can you make money on speculations when you actually have no money to wager?
That red part is where it is relevant and gets murky for me.  The Controller of Budget has NOT acknowledged receipt of that money.  Is that also because she is a relative/friend/lackey of Raila?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
I must have missed that part.When did she say that. As far as I recall she had an issue with 600M paid directly from Jp Morgan to the syndicated banks.Money normally would come to the consolidated account held in CBK.

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2016, 10:16:03 PM »
I must have missed that part.When did she say that. As far as I recall she had an issue with 600M paid directly from Jp Morgan to the syndicated banks.Money normally would come to the consolidated account held in CBK.
Or rather did NOT say that.  It's (NOT) in her reports to parliament.  I'll see the best way I can pull the information and put it together. 

It is not surprising, because in the document trail released by Treasury, the money ends up in a different account, I think Sovereign Bond or something like that, rather than the CF.  I would have thought maybe nothing wrong with that, but Treasury released notes suggesting that this money finds its way into the CF.  That is NOT corroborated by the Budget Controller.

I'll share relevant COB reports soonest.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2016, 05:07:38 AM »

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000199004/cbk-governor-njoroge-declines-to-meet-raila-over-eurobond

This sort of thing doesn't help.   What information does the CBK have that it does not care to reveal?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2016, 07:14:13 AM »
I am not sure which report you're waitng for but here is Odhiambo says all the money came in. Except of course 600M usd that was wired directly to StanChart who had arranged the loan during Kibadinga era.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Budget-controller-says-all-Eurobond-cash-with-Treasury/-/539546/3038850/-/s3o6qr/-/index.html

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2016, 08:01:04 AM »
That chunk did sit for a good while before moving.  If some funny business happened with this money, before being transferred to Kenya, I imagine that would be under US jurisdiction.  While I don't know what the explanation for that delay is, I still wonder if they would risk it.  If the Americans start to investigate, how would the putative crooks stop them?  That is why I think nothing funny happened abroad, even if it was enternained.

Imagine a situation in which a certain amount is moved out, used to make profit on some activity, and then returned.    It is not clear to me that the perps would necessarily run afoul of US law (assuming they pay appropriate taxes on their profits).   What would the USA be investigating?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2016, 05:05:48 PM »
That chunk did sit for a good while before moving.  If some funny business happened with this money, before being transferred to Kenya, I imagine that would be under US jurisdiction.  While I don't know what the explanation for that delay is, I still wonder if they would risk it.  If the Americans start to investigate, how would the putative crooks stop them?  That is why I think nothing funny happened abroad, even if it was enternained.

Imagine a situation in which a certain amount is moved out, used to make profit on some activity, and then returned.    It is not clear to me that the perps would necessarily run afoul of US law (assuming they pay appropriate taxes on their profits).   What would the USA be investigating?
For sure, I don't know what it would be.  Maybe money laundering.  It just seems like a very uncomfortable environment for them to operate.

Harriet Tubman