Author Topic: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead  (Read 26102 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Businessman Jacob Juma shot dead
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
Investigation is ongoing and for me they have been impressive.
This sham investigation is deliberately hitting a dead end.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2016, 04:31:45 PM »
Investigation is ongoing and for me they have been impressive.

On a serious note, I admire your optimism.

I really do.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2016, 05:09:08 PM »
Considering these thugs never stole anything from Juma..I am not going to buy that Nyayo Stadium gang of 4 were involved here. This was an calculated assisination. By who? Is what we need to find out.

This sham investigation is deliberately hitting a dead end.
It's rapidly approaching closure.  Three girlfriends later, it may turn out Simon Muturi done it. 

2 bullets at the supposed scene.  An odd, in fact inexplicable, assortment of entry wounds for a random killing.  But a random killing it must be. 

They may not state it in as few words; rather one will be forced to accept and move on as investigations continue.  Perhaps take cheer at how some aspects of his last hours could be revealed by CCTV.  With a guarantee of no independent oversight, what can anyone do about it?

The best thing the police can be expected to do is to leave it at that.  Spare the wife and kids further anguish adding insult to injury in the name of investigations.  Let them cut their losses in peace.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2016, 11:47:40 PM »
Some things bring to mind a "law" that is attributed to a former editor of Punch:

Muggeridge's Law: there is no way that a writer of fiction can compete with real life for its pure absurdity.

Anyways ...

I now have some ideas for a video game that should encourage children to study sciences, join the police force to serve the public, etc.   I'll call the game "Nairobi CSI".
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2016, 12:42:16 AM »
It boggles the mind that anyone with an iota of intelligence would believe this farcical yarn being put forth by the Kenyan authorities.

Come to think of it, when Jomo Kenyatta and his thuggish bodyguards took out JM Kariuki they spun fantastic tales too, and there are folk who actually bought it.

Ah! Kenyan intelligence - an oxymoron.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2016, 07:58:19 AM »
The police have done an impressive job documenting the last day of Juma life complete with time and folks he met & called that day, interviewed 28 people, have found the bullets and possibly the gun used. What more do you want the cops to have done at that stage? Become miracle workers and figure it all out in day one.

The next stage for the police is to find the motive and the killer.

Some smart alecs all think they all this figured out- know the killer (must be William Ruto or KweKwe) and well go ahead and start private criminal prosecution with the evidence you've gathered from your imaginative speculative minds.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »
The police have done an impressive job documenting the last day of Juma life complete with time and folks he met & called that day, interviewed 28 people, have found the bullets and possibly the gun used. What more do you want the cops to have done at that stage? Become miracle workers and figure it all out in day one.

The next stage for the police is to find the motive and the killer.

Some smart alecs all think they all this figured out- know the killer (must be William Ruto or KweKwe) and well go ahead and start private criminal prosecution with the evidence you've gathered from your imaginative speculative minds.

You need to calm down.   Even Ruto is not that worked up about any of this.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2016, 11:15:31 AM »
I am all calm down. Now you can calm down too.
You need to calm down.   Even Ruto is not that worked up about any of this.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
Some things bring to mind a "law" that is attributed to a former editor of Punch:

Muggeridge's Law: there is no way that a writer of fiction can compete with real life for its pure absurdity.

Anyways ...

I now have some ideas for a video game that should encourage children to study sciences, join the police force to serve the public, etc.   I'll call the game "Nairobi CSI".

They are not distinct - are they? - reality and fiction. Which of the events would you classify as either: doctored cctv, staged murder scene, new unfoldings, Nairobi CSI?

My bff observed in the Game of Thrones that trial by combat was pure chance, barbaric and yet the fairest form of justice in those jungle days. Still Saddam, Gaddafi, etc. It seems we develop but never change.

Rule of law... JM, Ouko, Muge, Juma... life is a trial by combat. The truth is indistinct from fiction. What do you say?

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527