Author Topic: I am told Ruto report to work 6 sometimes 5 while PORK shows up at lunch hr  (Read 21952 times)

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: I am told Ruto report to work 6 sometimes 5 while PORK shows up at lunch hr
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2020, 01:22:58 PM »
Ruto will be like Kagame or Museveni or Meles. I know you're looking for Raila's revolutionary chaos. With Ruto - Gov will focus on transforming the lives of people - through development.
For what transformation does Ruto stand for? He has always been the No. 1 status quo politician since time immemorial. Ruto is just a conman who happened to land a step near SH.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »
Ruto will be like Kagame or Museveni or Meles. I know you're looking for Raila's revolutionary chaos. With Ruto - Gov will focus on transforming the lives of people - through development.
For what transformation does Ruto stand for? He has always been the No. 1 status quo politician since time immemorial. Ruto is just a conman who happened to land a step near SH.

:D :D

Oh no, the mf snatching innocent Rwandans from Dubai is your model. Kagame is a ruthless dictator, if your Ruto is like him we are in trouble.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2020, 05:16:35 PM »
Ruto is a ruthless democrat. There won't be any opposition because he will have persuaded all of them to buy into his vision so much we might even do away with term limits :). He is an effective leader that can make things happen. Raila is the opposite.
Oh no, the mf snatching innocent Rwandans from Dubai is your model. Kagame is a ruthless dictator, if your Ruto is like him we are in trouble.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2020, 05:56:12 PM »
Kelele mingi hapa. We all knew Uhuru was not the smartest, harworking guy in town. That he drinks heavily and is a chain smoker was known even before 2002. So what are people complaining about here? The man has been in SH for 8 years and now is well people start commenting on issues that were known more than 20 years ago.
As someone commented here, waking up at 4 am does not mean anything. Even thieves do not sleep the whole night.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2020, 06:04:55 PM »
Jubilee 2 has the right priorities despite the succession noises. Roads and rail recarpeting are going ahead minus the debt mountain from Jubilee 1. This Kemsa scandal is no match for the runaway eurobond, SGR looting of Jubille 1. This is actually Raila vs Ruto economics 101. I am very relieved by the halt of borrow & build delusion.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2020, 06:15:26 PM »
Hiyo mchezo ya NYS :) is not development. We need mega projects on basic infrastructure that can have huge impact in 10 -20yrs. Look at thika road - your type where complaining that we spent 40B (then a princely sum) - on 40km road - but it's impact is there to see. Now you support it because you can see it's impact now. The impact of SGR will become apparent in the near future.

This one of slashing overgrown weed will look good for 3 weeks before the weed grow back.

Developing countries are building mega dams - like Ethiopia 3,000MW - Tanzania are putting up 2,600MW - those are projects that can change a country - sio michezo of NYS boys.

Nairobi water problem will not be solved by NYS crew - it will be solved by building another dam as big as the current one. The same for rest of the country that urgently need piped water - now that electricity is solved (after total expenditure on energy nearing 10B dollars - serious money- serious develpment).

Then roads...then railways, ports and such.

Jubilee 2 has the right priorities despite the succession noises. Roads and rail recarpeting are going ahead minus the debt mountain from Jubilee 1. This Kemsa scandal is no match for the runaway eurobond, SGR looting of Jubille 1. This is actually Raila vs Ruto economics 101. I am very relieved by the halt of borrow & build delusion.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2020, 06:24:26 PM »
RV: Noone opposed Kibakinomics - well at least not Robina. Jubilee 1 copy pasted it without any analysis - only thing they leapfrogged is the debt level and creditworth. Anyway we long flogged that borrow & build horse to death - seem you been trying hard to resurrect the skeleton. The cheese has moved so those medieval rail-factory economics will not work.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2020, 06:25:59 PM »
Kenya is in medieval era. California is not. You can argue that California biggest issues is to maintain infrastructure. What is there to maintain in Kenya. Railway network of 2,000Ksm while South Africa has 40,000kms of railway.

Nairobi water problem will not be solved by Sarakasi - it will be solved by constructing mega dams that will flood Nairobi with water enough to be wasted on plants and garden. The same with Bomet or Kisumu.

BASIC infrastructure is basic.

Then once you have ticked all those boxes - now go into complicated stuff.

For now - don't even think - just paved roads, piped water, electricity and for every kenyan - and you have delivered gov services (and development).

This is what gov ought to provide - pave the road to my house, get me piped water, get me reliable electricity and sewage if urban - and get the hell out of my life.

Not develop the economy. There is no such real gov function.

RV: Noone opposed Kibakinomics - well at least not Robina. Jubilee copy pasted it without any analysis. Anyway we long flogged that borrow & build horse to death - seem you been trying hard to resurrect the skeleton. The cheese has moved so those medieval rail-factory economics will not work.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »
If you read carefully my key points - there is good infra like metrorail and inefficient infra like SGR. The recarpeting of old rail I read from Gilgil-Nyahuru and such - is good infra. If only you could see the agric-mfg-consumer tunnel has collapsed- you would also see the supporting hard infra is not as useful - esp when it 100% built on debt.

The policy on why infra 1 is better than project 2 - is what strategy is. If you had unlimited resources you could lay SGR or power or water to each village - but you are cash-strapped. So you need to rethink, remodel, reengineer the Tigers.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2020, 06:50:14 PM »
Then of course you can't preach China model - which CCP is heart and center of China growth - and also claim development is not GoK job. Even security or education or justice are directly linked to development. GoK job is to decide - with limited resources- the priorities with biggest payoff as prosperity catalysts. Government vs economics is a gray continuum.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
What Jubilee 1 did best? Education.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »
Lets agree there is no "thinking" required but we need basic infrastructure.
I don't like arguing that metro rail is better than SGR - that is NONSENSE - all that is basic infrastructure.
Nairobi need metro rail no doubt - Kisumu need SGR to Nairobi.

Then lets go into financing - and here we should take anything on the table - especially if it's not our money. Debt for sure. BOT.  Name any financing model.

Let the Chinese worry about our viability. It's their money.

If you read carefully my key points - there is good infra like metrorail and inefficient infra like SGR. The recarpeting of old rail I read from Gilgil-Nyahuru and such - is good infra. If only you could see the agric-mfg-consumer tunnel has collapsed- you would also see the supporting hard infra is not as useful - esp when it 100% built on debt.

The policy on why infra 1 is better than project 2 - is what strategy is. If you had unlimited resources you could lay SGR or power or water to each village - but you are cash-strapped. So you need to rethink, remodel, reengineer the Tigers.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »
If you ask any Kenyan - it has to be paved roads and electricity - that is surest voter winner.

Jubilee found 10K paved roads in Kenya. They doubled it to 20K. That is huge.

Electricity is sort of Kibaki story - they managed to fix.

Education kibaki story

What Jubilee 1 did best? Education.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2020, 07:17:48 PM »
Moi hardwork tamed crazy Kiambu mafia and ngoroko who were on the same path Uhuru is on today. Moi started with nothing apart from ability to keep minute by minute tabs on every corner of the country. Even Njonjo (credits to him, the Ngoroko would have meant end of Kenya) had no belief Moi could handle statecraft. Apart from Njonjo he had zero support from technocrats, politicians, citizens, intenational community. This was exceptional if we get a rational history making.

Moi held this mirsh marsh of a country as many african so called countries were falling apart through ability to be on the phone before suckers could plan their day.

For me his ability to deliver Ndakaini dam in the midst of multiparty clamour fulltime distraction stands out for me. 25 years later we have not been able to do a dam to serve 1 million plus! Most of the indicators are also with him as per KNBS - which he never tampered witth like Uhuru has.

Tax collection efficiency when multinationals and polically correct businesses are evading tax hurts micro enterprises as has emerged with Nyamakima like imports from China since SGR.

Heck, current Uhuru rabid jealous stems from his slothfulness to keep tabs on deals. He wanted ruto to be wiring every 10% as he jaywalked.

For Kenyan diasporans to advocate slothfulness is purely moronic.

Moi used to wake up at 4-6AM for 24years,what did he leave us with?Violence in 1991,1998,terror gangs like chinkororo mungiki..1% economic growth rate,dilapidated public services,poverty rose in Kenya,high inflation,terrorism was still there,kibaki used to wake up at 11AM,gave us high economic growth rate of 5%,revenues rose from 200Billion-700Billion in five years from 2003,free education,michuki rules,roads,vision 2030....uhuru is incharge and roads are getting built,SGR,more police getting hired,economy growing,give us a break,even ceo of safaricom,kcb or equity dont report to work at 6AM daily or everyday,dont idle in the office from 6AM-10PM in the office to shows us you are working while watching YouTube,set up system and talk to head of departments on phone or skype,meet once or twice a week...anything else is garbage

Without Prejudice.

:D :D :D

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2020, 07:30:08 PM »
Really? - that is the only reason we are here at Nipate. It the difference between success and stagnation save for chance.
Lets agree there is no "thinking" required but we need basic infrastructure.

Resources will always be limited - so priorities are a must. Housing and education are both basic - but education win hands-down as a priority. See? Nairobi metro vs Kisumu SGR? - no-brainer.
I don't like arguing that metro rail is better than SGR - that is NONSENSE - all that is basic infrastructure.
Nairobi need metro rail no doubt - Kisumu need SGR to Nairobi.

Well the Chinese already pulled the purse strings, no? And default will hurt you much more than they so no, Kenya must think harder and carefully about debt.
Then lets go into financing - and here we should take anything on the table - especially if it's not our money. Debt for sure. BOT.  Name any financing model.

Let the Chinese worry about our viability. It's their money.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »
Pundit I think the debate we need to have is the development model... because the premise of hard infra as "basic" - is pegged on its criticality as a growth factor.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »
Interesting perspective. Agreed. Moi did well. Even Mzungu was suprised by how he held on after 50% budget cut by - when donors withdrew aid - when donors were donors. KSH went south - and opposition claimed it was goldenburg :) - yet it was donor funding freeze that froze the economy. Moi reformed banking sector, build KRAs, build domestic debt market  and all that, started budgeting kenyans own money - and Kibaki came - and took credit for all that. And yet single thing that happen in Kibaki was donors and creditors agreeing to come back to kenya -
Moi hardwork tamed crazy Kiambu mafia and ngoroko who were on the same path Uhuru is on today. Moi started with nothing apart from ability to keep minute by minute tabs on every corner of the country. Even Njonjo (credits to him, the Ngoroko would have meant end of Kenya) had no belief Moi could handle statecraft. Apart from Njonjo he had zero support from technocrats, politicians, citizens, intenational community. This was exceptional if we get a rational history making.

Moi held this mirsh marsh of a country as many african so called countries were falling apart through ability to be on the phone before suckers could plan their day.

For me his ability to deliver Ndakaini dam in the midst of multiparty clamour fulltime distraction stands out for me. 25 years later we have not been able to do a dam to serve 1 million plus! Most of the indicators are also with him as per KNBS - which he never tampered witth like Uhuru has.

Tax collection efficiency when multinationals and polically correct businesses are evading tax hurts micro enterprises as has emerged with Nyamakima like imports from China since SGR.

Heck, current Uhuru rabid jealous stems from his slothfulness to keep tabs on deals. He wanted ruto to be wiring every 10% as he jaywalked.

For Kenyan diasporans to advocate slothfulness is purely moronic.

Moi used to wake up at 4-6AM for 24years,what did he leave us with?Violence in 1991,1998,terror gangs like chinkororo mungiki..1% economic growth rate,dilapidated public services,poverty rose in Kenya,high inflation,terrorism was still there,kibaki used to wake up at 11AM,gave us high economic growth rate of 5%,revenues rose from 200Billion-700Billion in five years from 2003,free education,michuki rules,roads,vision 2030....uhuru is incharge and roads are getting built,SGR,more police getting hired,economy growing,give us a break,even ceo of safaricom,kcb or equity dont report to work at 6AM daily or everyday,dont idle in the office from 6AM-10PM in the office to shows us you are working while watching YouTube,set up system and talk to head of departments on phone or skype,meet once or twice a week...anything else is garbage

Without Prejudice.

:D :D :D

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »
You're complicating. Gov provide a service. It doesn't and should not care about growth.
It need to provide it's citizen 47 services in Kenya.
None of those services is economic growth.
It should provide me with paved road, piped water, security, etc.

If gov focus on that - and leave the economy alone - the economy will grow.

You cannot think with PROFIT motive in PUBLIC sector. It's BULLSHIET.
Railways are not suppose to make profit or the public buses in California.

Public sector is NON_PROFIT. Focus on providing a services to the citizen - all will be easy.

Complication should only arise once you have done the basics.

As to where to get money - tax - use the tax to develop or borrow with taxes as leverage.

Gov is not a business. All gov should care about is finding money to provide public non-profit services to as many citizen as possible.

Their balance sheet should ready - we provided 1m piped water to residences - not the economy grew. That is private sector job.

Pundit I think the debate we need to have is the development model... because the premise of hard infra as "basic" - is pegged on its criticality as a growth factor.