Author Topic: STATEMENT BY Coalition for Reform and Democracy - CORD on IEBC Corruption  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: STATEMENT BY Coalition for Reform and Democracy - CORD on IEBC Corruption
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
Was it wrong for Chirchir to represent Jubilee when Hassan Straight from fixing UhuRuto in KNHRC went to CORD?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:27:09 PM »
IEBC will need to be reconstituted a fresh.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
Pundit,
How fresh can it be? LOL.
They reconstituted after Kavuludi. And now its rotten???
It needs people of integrity. I thought Sholei was clean! Apparently, all have sinned and come short of......

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:46:03 AM »
Pundit,
It needs people of integrity. I thought Sholei was clean! Apparently, all have sinned and come short of......
Shollei is a metaphor for sleaze.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »
We have to keep firing and firing them until we find those clean enough to want to keep their jobs. There is no other way. There is no way Hassan and company can oversee the next election after this sleeze. That would be endangering the nation. CREDIBLE,FREE AND FAIR Elections are more important than anything in nationhood....and the holders of election bodies should be BEYOND REPROACH.

CORD have struggled to implicate Hassan and IEBC...but now SFO of London have done Hassan and team in.

Pundit,

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »
Pundit, but that just the prosecution case. I do not see the difference of them and Fat Bensoda!! They just remain allegations!!!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
No they are very different.

1) To remove a commissioner (or any civil servant) we just need prima facia evidence (allegations) presented to parliament (and or person in authority) and parliament if they are convinced on the seriousness of the allegations...they set up a tribunal...and if they vote for removal of IEBC commisioners..that will be it. The standard in parliament is not BEYOND REASONABLE doubt.

2) UhuRuto and 5,000 plus politicians serving in GOK (as MCAs,MPs, Senators, Governors); you'll need more to fire them; they were hired directly by the people; You'll need to find them guilty & jailed for more than six months and give them time to exhaust all the avenues of appeals and reviews. Hassan, Chirchir and company DO NOT ENJOY that privilege.

3) Both UhuRuto and Hassan will remain innocent till proven guilty....in criminal trial perspective. Hassan ought to be fired by parliament upon a petition..but he will remain a free man..until he is nailed by the court. Most likely he won't be nailed.

Bottomline. Civil and public servants do not enjoy the same rights and privellege like folks elected directly by the people. They can and should be fired anytime anyhow.

Any citizen of kenya who truly loves this country should quickly ran to parliament and file a petition for removal of all commissioners of IEBC and an MP should initiate censure vote on Chirchir based on the very serious allegation by SFO (UK).

Pundit, but that just the prosecution case. I do not see the difference of them and Fat Bensoda!! They just remain allegations!!!

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »
Now i get it!!!

poor souls. I pity them! I thought Chirchir was a very wealthy man to chase 2  Million

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »
Why pity them. These guys have become wealthy from stealing from you. The printing was inflated by 35%.

We just held the MOST EXPENSIVE ELECTION in the whole world bar UN sponsored Afgan election.  I do not have the facts offhead but it came down to something like 30,000Kshs per voter expenditure..or well over 20B kshs.

Everything we buy in kenya gov is inflated upto 3 times...thanks to list of civil servants all demand part of a cut...imagine the cascading effect of demanding the cut at every level till the final consumer of goods or services.

Think every gun we buy for our police, the SGR now ongoing, tissue paper ,sugar name it...3 times the average world prices..unless you're crafty and buying it directly from Kismayu port like somalis have done..and grown very wealthy from it.

This is the most pervasive corruption in both private and public sector..that is responsible for inflating prices in the country.

Nearly every tender or purchase or deal or contract....at least 10-30% is the cut.

poor souls. I pity them! I thought Chirchir was a very wealthy man to chase 2  Million

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 11:34:27 AM »
Read and weep. Most expensive because everything is inflated by 35%..or maybe even worse.Ghana at same GDP leves with kenya...are conducting elections at 0.7 dollars a person or 60shs...and we are doing 2,000kshs or 25 dollars...that is 40 times more expensive than Ghana..and yet Ghana election are credible and used biometrics that actually worked.
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/World/Kenya-election-is-world-s-most-expensive/-/688340/1408894/-/g7vxhsz/-/index.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 06:15:25 PM »
Read and weep. Most expensive because everything is inflated by 35%..or maybe even worse.Ghana at same GDP leves with kenya...are conducting elections at 0.7 dollars a person or 60shs...and we are doing 2,000kshs or 25 dollars...that is 40 times more expensive than Ghana..and yet Ghana election are credible and used biometrics that actually worked.
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/World/Kenya-election-is-world-s-most-expensive/-/688340/1408894/-/g7vxhsz/-/index.html

It's grim.  In Kenya, it is past the tipping point.  It is now entrenched.  Institutionalized.  Fresh faces come in and have no choice but to play along.  This is why I am convinced EACC or anything else that is created by the current same players to tackle corruption just becomes another avenue for the same.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline chiethakuodha

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 02:30:18 PM »
Woyeee. Kenya is kaput.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction".