Author Topic: A economic avalanche is coming  (Read 38748 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: A economic avalanche is coming
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2023, 01:06:08 PM »
The trickle down effect of pending bills, now delayed salaries, no sacco deposits, no statutory remittances.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2023, 04:07:04 PM »
Those re car importers. Tenderpreneurs are another group of people.

Tenderpreneurs feeling the squeeze.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/kenyans-cut-vehicle-imports-by-sh22bn-on-taxes--4463714

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2023, 12:31:19 AM »
2024 will be the make or break year. Half of 2024 economic year and first half of 2025.  I don't see how kenya is  going to dodge Default bullet.  Time to do more simulation. Ni kubaya

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2023, 02:25:08 PM »

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2024, 05:11:26 PM »
Govt has not been able to pay its county employees since October. The cdf funds have not been disbursed yet. The pending bills amount to shs 600 billion. A debt default is the only solution. Reset the economic system and borrow locally till the economy is able to generate enough revenue

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2024, 05:30:57 PM »
I pity those who thought it was best to do business with counties and government. Those pending bills is borrowed money from banks. Kenya banks should be subjected to stress test.
Govt has not been able to pay its county employees since October. The cdf funds have not been disbursed yet. The pending bills amount to shs 600 billion. A debt default is the only solution. Reset the economic system and borrow locally till the economy is able to generate enough revenue

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2024, 01:01:11 PM »
The governors are getting their monies, reason why they no longer hold press conferences lamenting of delays. Most I can see them launching this or that program. Many more are just smarting thievery.

CDF money has been disbursed just that the thugs do not want to embrace Ndindi Nyoro's working formula as they won't be able to steal.

On pending bills, it is epic thuggery, those supplying today are getting paid but some of those who supplied in 2013 are still crying if not on HBP.

I pity those who thought it was best to do business with counties and government. Those pending bills is borrowed money from banks. Kenya banks should be subjected to stress test.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2024, 01:49:42 PM »
The reset continues. Lagged effects of Covid era restriction madness plus the crazy electricity prices.

A disclosure by the National Treasury showed that loan defaults rose by 27.4 percent from Sh487.7 billion to Sh621.3 billion, marking the largest rise in a single year since CBK started making the data public.

The Treasury said manufacturing and trading sectors accounted for about Sh248.52 billion or 40 percent of the Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) at the end of December, pointing to struggles among businesses and an elevated fear of layoffs and slowdowns in new jobs.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/record-sh621bn-loan-defaults-push-banks-into-rare-profit-fall--4521758

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2024, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2024, 03:42:31 PM »
Things looking good.
Unga below 130 mark where the dollar is headed.

Sugar price easing off. We are likely to get to 100-125 per kilo.

Waiting to see how the madness with fake fertilizer will be dealt with.