Author Topic: Ignorance of Nipateans on The Political Parties (Amendment) Bill is astounding!  (Read 1981 times)

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Those of you posting lines like "ODM will be lucky to have 30 MPs" (@Pundit) or that "UDA will have contestants in EVERY constituency and Ward" (low IQ @Nowayhaha) haven't a clue on what the Political Parties (Amendment) Bill is about or its implications on individual parties. I will not bother posting a link because you can easily Google that!

The bill which has already sailed through the National Assembly seeks to introduce the terminology  of "coalition party" which in effect means coalitions will have to make compromises on fielding candidates. 

As an example, here is Hon Tim Wanyonyi crying foul as he watches his dream of contesting Governorship of Nairobi being pulled from under his feet.
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2022-01-11-dont-sacrifice-me-for-raila-says-mp-wanyonyi/

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Polite note: I don't want idiots on my thread if they are not capable of supporting their arguments.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Interesting..so mps will be elected mps of a coalition or individual parties..and what happened if they fall out..

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Interesting..so mps will be elected mps of a coalition or individual parties..and what happened if they fall out..
Good question. But let us start with your God and how his case relates with the current constitution. He was elected Deputy president on a Jubilee ticket but it is an open secret that he transferred his allegiance to another party - Udaku. So in the current dispensation, has he breached the Katiba? Absolutely. Is he still still the Deputy President. Yes he is. The law requires that he and all other members of parliament who no longer belong to parties that sponsored them to parliament, should resign and seek a fresh mandate. The Law is an arse - specifically the Kenyan law. I expect that when the Political Parties (Amendment) Bill becomes law after passing in the Senate, nothing will be different from what it is now, as per the question you asked namely "what happened (sic) if they fall out .... " because this is shithole zamunda territory

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
This is the high IQ analysis. Damn.....

Those of you posting lines like "ODM will be lucky to have 30 MPs" (@Pundit) or that "UDA will have contestants in EVERY constituency and Ward" (low IQ @Nowayhaha) haven't a clue on what the Political Parties (Amendment) Bill is about or its implications on individual parties. I will not bother posting a link because you can easily Google that!

The bill which has already sailed through the National Assembly seeks to introduce the terminology  of "coalition party" which in effect means coalitions will have to make compromises on fielding candidates. 

As an example, here is Hon Tim Wanyonyi crying foul as he watches his dream of contesting Governorship of Nairobi being pulled from under his feet.
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2022-01-11-dont-sacrifice-me-for-raila-says-mp-wanyonyi/

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Please @Nowayhaha, respect my polite request. I have not read from you, any cogent argument (or any argument for that matter) on this thread that suggests that you have presented an analysis that is superior to the one I or any other member on this thread, just gave. Is that too much to ask on @Veritas blog?

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Which law do you read? The law exempt people who are in the same coalition. UDA and JP are in a coalition.

Good question. But let us start with your God and how his case relates with the current constitution. He was elected Deputy president on a Jubilee ticket but it is an open secret that he transferred his allegiance to another party - Udaku. So in the current dispensation, has he breached the Katiba? Absolutely. Is he still still the Deputy President. Yes he is. The law requires that he and all other members of parliament who no longer belong to parties that sponsored them to parliament, should resign and seek a fresh mandate. The Law is an arse - specifically the Kenyan law. I expect that when the Political Parties (Amendment) Bill becomes law after passing in the Senate, nothing will be different from what it is now, as per the question you asked namely "what happened (sic) if they fall out .... " because this is shithole zamunda territory

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
I am reading from Katiba 2010 and subsequent amendments since. The political parties (amendment) bill is in process. Not yet law. Get off my thread Ignoramus, if you have nothing constructive to add whatever your monika name is.
Constitution of Kenya
103. Vacation of office of member of Parliament

(1) The office of a member of Parliament becomes vacant--

(a) if the member dies;
(b) if, during any session of Parliament, the member is absent from eight sittings of the relevant House without permission, in writing, from the Speaker, and is unable to offer a satisfactory explanation for the absence to the
relevant committee;
(c) if the member is otherwise removed from office under this Constitution or legislation enacted under Article 80;
(d) if the member resigns from Parliament in writing to the Speaker;
(e) if, having been elected to Parliament--

(i) as a member of a political party, the member resigns from that party or is deemed to have resigned from the party as determined in accordance with the legislation contemplated in clause (2); or
(ii) as an independent candidate, the member joins a political party;

Which law do you read? The law exempt people who are in the same coalition. UDA and JP are in a coalition.

• VIP
  • Superstar
I am reading from Katiba 2010 and subsequent amendments since. The political parties (amendment) bill is in process. Not yet law. Get off my thread Ignoramus, if you have nothing constructive to add whatever your monika name is.
Constitution of Kenya

(a) if the member dies;
(b) if, during any session of Parliament, the member is absent from eight sittings of the relevant House without permission, in writing, from the Speaker, and is unable to offer a satisfactory explanation for the absence to the
relevant committee;
(c) if the member is otherwise removed from office under this Constitution or legislation enacted under Article 80;

(i) as a member of a political party, the member resigns from that party or is deemed to have resigned from the party as determined in accordance with the legislation contemplated in clause (2); or

Read part 6 of section 14 of the political parties act idiot! You think mlevi would have let Kina Ichung'wa roam free when there is a law that can allow them be kicked out?

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Constitution of Kenya

(a) if the member dies;
relevant committee;

Read part 6 of section 14 of the political parties act idiot! You think mlevi would have let Kina Ichung'wa roam free when there is a law that can allow them be kicked out?
Okay @genius, I have seen the light. Thank you for filling in that knowledge gap with your well supported argument.  :sign0098:

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I dont quite yet understand how the mongrel called political coalition party will work. So Azimio is registered both as coalition and a party. Meaning you can run in Azimio - which is also coalition. If coalition agreement dies - you remain in Azimio?How does that solve the problem of having one big party? Azimio would want to present one candidate but how will 10 parties under it agree who flies the azimio flag?

My expectation - any competent court will find the mongrel of political coalition party - uncostitutional and it will be thrown out.

The other ammendments are fine

• VIP
  • Superstar
Yeah. Plus you cannot belong to more than one party.

I dont quite yet understand how the mongrel called political coalition party will work. So Azimio is registered both as coalition and a party. Meaning you can run in Azimio - which is also coalition. If coalition agreement dies - you remain in Azimio?How does that solve the problem of having one big party? Azimio would want to present one candidate but how will 10 parties under it agree who flies the azimio flag?

My expectation - any competent court will find the mongrel of political coalition party - uncostitutional and it will be thrown out.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
It will be thrown out for lack of public participation.
The Bill was made to lock in Mudavadi Wetangula or Kalonzo and small parties sitting out till last minute to join Ruto. Simple and clear.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma

I don't get what your panicky concerns are. In the beginning was TNA & URP. Any of those two parties could have collapsed as in Ford splitting up into Ford Asili and Ford-K. Anyway TNA and URP merged to take the name that was the name of the coalition - Jubilee. So what if Jubilee "dies", does Kenya politically come to an end. No!
Back to your dumb question. If the law says the "10 parties in Azimio must present one candidate", then it will be so because THAT IS THE LAW. As it is now, we pretty much know who owns Azimio & the unseen hand behind it, so they will decide who carries the Azimio flag just as it is already decided who will be Azimio presidential candidate. I gave you that example and link about Hon Tim Wanyonyi finding himself helpless.
Back there you touted yourself as an analyst par excellence but kumbe you can be just a chokora at times in which case the title of this thread does really apply to you.

Psst learn from me on this one and after doing so go make adjustments on that MOASS of yours. I might then be able to read it. Yes you heard it here from me coz I am an armchair analyst who when I have time, I cogitate!
So listen carefully. The "System" is a living breathing thing that learns from loopholes it didn't cover, which is unlike many of you on this forum! In 2007 Kibaki handlers openly rigged the presidential vote but forgot his MP numbers. ODM thereafter gave them a hard time in parliament. So come 2013 & 2017 the "System" also opted to rig in a number of MP seats. You can tell those from the ones that were winning with a consistent 54% on the sever. Now fast forward to 2022, the last thing the system want is the Kalonzo katikati game. Stay with me on this one so I explain: NASA lost seats to Jubilee coz the individual parties in the coalition fielded candidates and shared NASA votes allowing weak candidates to win seats. So that is the real purpose of the political parties bill, to prevent Ruto sponsoring candidates from various parties - now or even last minute - so that they defeat what in effect would be the most popular candidate on the ballot. Now if you haven't heard that story then surely you do not have your ears onthe ground. GOOD DAY!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
You're an idiot who should be digging kumbe kumbe and not be engaging in adult conversation.
Let your facts speak for itself or go back to choo.com with your base insult - typical ODMoron.
None of the convoluted political coalition party make any sense.
Jubilee coalition became Jubilee party. That is tight coupling.
The reason why Azimio want this loose coupling is to avoid party nomination leading to one candidate.
Now how will Azimio decide which of 10 parties will carry the official party flag?
Will they zone the country - say ODM flies Azimio in Nyanza? When it come to Nairobi - it become every party for it's own.
This law doesnt make any sense.
Uhuru is just sending Raila in wild goose chase because he need an excuse to delay coalition btw Jubilee and ODM.
That is really the main target - Jubilee in another month will probably be dead as dodo - with Tuju alone.
The six months deadline was meant to pressurize OKA - but that failed - it's was reduced to 4 months to election - meaning April 10th is deadline for pre-election campaigns.

In any case I dont see that mongrel of political coalition surviving constitutional court challenge.

And most importantly like BBI or OKOA - anyone who blames the tools (law) or the jembe is not a farmer.

The lack of political strategy this late in the game is really the reason for all the panic, matusi and violence from ODMorons.

The first strategy ought to have been to retain 45 percent of NASA - before going on a wild goose chase in Jubilee waters.

Obviously that has failed - Kalonzo look set to run - and MaDVD set to run or join UDA with Weta - and Azimio is just ODM (few Jubilee members are leaving one by one) - maybe Azimio will be ODM + PNU :) - that now boast of zero mp and one governor.

I don't get what your panicky concerns are. In the beginning was TNA & URP. Any of those two parties could have collapsed as in Ford splitting up into Ford Asili and Ford-K. Anyway TNA and URP merged to take the name that was the name of the coalition - Jubilee. So what if Jubilee "dies",does Kenya politically come to an end. No!
Back to your dumb question. If the law says the "10 parties in Azimio must present one candidate", then it will be so because THAT IS THE LAW.
Back there you touted yourself as an a analyst par excellence but kumbe you can be just a chokora at times in which case the title of this thread does really apply to you.

Psst learn from me on this one and after doing so go make adjustments on that MOASS of yours. I might then be able to read it. Yes you heard it here from me coz I am an armchair analyst who when I have time, I cogitate!
So listen carefully. The "System" is a living breathing thing that learns from loopholes it didn't cover, which is unlike many of you on this forum! In 2007 Kibaki handlers openly rigged the presidential vote but forgot his MP numbers. ODM thereafter gave them a hard time in parliament. So come 2013 & 2017 the "System" also opted to rig in a number of MP seats. You can tell those from the ones that were winning with a consistent 54% on the sever. Now fast forward to 2022, the last thing the system want is the Kalonzo katikati game. Stay with me on this one so I explain: NASA lost seats to Jubilee coz the individual parties in the coalition fielded candidates and shared NASA votes allowing weak candidates to win seats. So that is the real purpose of the political parties bill, to prevent Ruto sponsoring candidates from various parties - now or even last minute - so that they defeat what in effect would be the most popular candidate on the ballot. Now if you haven't had that story then surely you do not have your ears onthe ground. GOOD DAY!

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
You can write as long an insha as you want but as long as you fail to paste at least one link or quote at least one Authority, then you have said zero and do not merit a response from me. A class example to emulate is what @Higgins the genius posted above.

Look I am a scholar and citations act as proof that you have researched your topic thoroughly and not just posted to annoy or waste other people's time. Those like this one and majority of what you have posted before it, I just ignore!
You have been filling up cyber space on this forum with all manner of unsupported rubbish, it is time someone told you that among intellectuals, there are base lines of rules of engagement which @Veritas should have told you about already. (Hii post imfikie @veritas kabla haijafutwa).

You're an idiot who should be digging kumbe kumbe and not be engaging in adult conversation.
Let your facts speak for itself or go back to choo.com with your base insult - typical ODMoron.
None of the convoluted political coalition party make any sense.
Jubilee coalition became Jubilee party. That is tight coupling.
The reason why Azimio want this loose coupling is to avoid party nomination leading to one candidate.
Now how will Azimio decide which of 10 parties will carry the official party flag?
Will they zone the country - say ODM flies Azimio in Nyanza? When it come to Nairobi - it become every party for it's own.
This law doesnt make any sense.
Uhuru is just sending Raila in wild goose chase because he need an excuse to delay coalition btw Jubilee and ODM.
That is really the main target - Jubilee in another month will probably be dead as dodo - with Tuju alone.
The six months deadline was meant to pressurize OKA - but that failed - it's was reduced to 4 months to election - meaning April 10th is deadline for pre-election campaigns.

In any case I dont see that mongrel of political coalition surviving constitutional court challenge.

And most importantly like BBI or OKOA - anyone who blames the tools (law) or the jembe is not a farmer.

The lack of political strategy this late in the game is really the reason for all the panic, matusi and violence from ODMorons.

The first strategy ought to have been to retain 45 percent of NASA - before going on a wild goose chase in Jubilee waters.

Obviously that has failed - Kalonzo look set to run - and MaDVD set to run or join UDA with Weta - and Azimio is just ODM (few Jubilee members are leaving one by one) - maybe Azimio will be ODM + PNU :) - that now boast of zero mp and one governor.

I don't get what your panicky concerns are. In the beginning was TNA & URP. Any of those two parties could have collapsed as in Ford splitting up into Ford Asili and Ford-K. Anyway TNA and URP merged to take the name that was the name of the coalition - Jubilee. So what if Jubilee "dies",does Kenya politically come to an end. No!
Back to your dumb question. If the law says the "10 parties in Azimio must present one candidate", then it will be so because THAT IS THE LAW.
Back there you touted yourself as an a analyst par excellence but kumbe you can be just a chokora at times in which case the title of this thread does really apply to you.

So listen carefully. The "System" is a living breathing thing that learns from loopholes it didn't cover, which is unlike many of you on this forum! In 2007 Kibaki handlers openly rigged the presidential vote but forgot his MP numbers. ODM thereafter gave them a hard time in parliament. So come 2013 & 2017 the "System" also opted to rig in a number of MP seats. You can tell those from the ones that were winning with a consistent 54% on the sever. Now fast forward to 2022, the last thing the system want is the Kalonzo katikati game. Stay with me on this one so I explain: NASA lost seats to Jubilee coz the individual parties in the coalition fielded candidates and shared NASA votes allowing weak candidates to win seats. So that is the real purpose of the political parties bill, to prevent Ruto sponsoring candidates from various parties - now or even last minute - so that they defeat what in effect would be the most popular candidate on the ballot. Now if you haven't had that story then surely you do not have your ears onthe ground. GOOD DAY!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kumbe Kumbe intellectual. Why would I waste time with something that is even the law? Let it pass the senate - get signed into law by Uhuru - and we can resume - if it doesnt get challenged at constitutional court. It obvious to anybody that stretching the constitutional meaning of a political party is unconstitutional.

You can write as long an insha as you want but as long as you fail to paste at least one link or quote at least one Authority, then you have said zero and do not merit a response from me. A class example to emulate is what @Higgins the genius posted above.

Look I am a scholar and citations act as proof that you have researched your topic thoroughly and not just posted to annoy or waste other people's time. Those like this one and majority of what you have posted before it, I just ignore!
You have been filling up cyber space on this forum with all manner of unsupported rubbish, it is time someone told you that among intellectuals, there are base lines of rules of engagement which @Veritas should have told you about already. (Hii post imfikie @veritas kabla haijafutwa).

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
This sounds like the lamest attempt to revive Okiki Omayo party discipline to force out Ruto out of DPORK. Which makes no sense because you accusing ruto of running to UDA while ufool is in ODM.

The rig proofing on MPs vote or is it count?? versus presidential vote is even more lame.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
This sounds like the lamest attempt to revive Okiki Omayo party discipline to force out Ruto out of DPORK. Which makes no sense because you accusing ruto of running to UDA while ufool is in ODM.

The rig proofing on MPs vote or is it count?? versus presidential vote is even more lame.
@Higgins the genius already explained quoting the Constitution which as is, is on William's side. Read other people's posts first before you come payukarig here with issues that have already been settled and clarified. Eish!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
This makes it a more funnier confused mongrel, UDA is in a coalition with Jubilee Party STOP then Jubilee will enter a coalition with ODM!
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution