Author Topic: Dlamini Zuma In Gupta Investigation  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Dlamini Zuma In Gupta Investigation
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
She is considered one of the front runners to replace ubercorrupt current President.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Dlamini Zuma In Gupta Investigation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
It seems Ramaphosa has a rough ride trying to succeed Zuma. He is leading in the opinion polls so far. My hope is that the ANC slides below 50% in the 2019 elections - which will force them to embrace anti-corruption and meritocracy - as they face serious DA and EFF onslaughts. Right now Dlamini-Zuma and Ramaphosa are competing on the wealth redistribution platform - corruption is not in the picture.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 04:11:47 PM »
It seems Ramaphosa has a rough ride trying to succeed Zuma. He is leading in the opinion polls so far. My hope is that the ANC slides below 50% in the 2019 elections - which will force them to embrace anti-corruption and meritocracy - as they face serious DA and EFF onslaughts. Right now Dlamini-Zuma and Ramaphosa are competing on the wealth redistribution platform - corruption is not in the picture.
Ramaphosa comes from a small tribe.  Venda or Tsonga.  One of those.  To be fair, SA has not reached that level of ukabila yet, but you still have to wonder.  But he is not a credible wealth redistribution guy.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
Ramaphosa comes from a small tribe.  Venda or Tsonga.  One of those.  To be fair, SA has not reached that level of ukabila yet, but you still have to wonder.  But he is not a credible wealth redistribution guy.

Yeah Ramaphosa is perceived as pro-business like Mbeki. He has a long clean CV. SA is a parliamentary system which works for the small tribes. Mbeki I think was from a small tribe. Mzungu economic monopoly is still the determining factor. Noone has the balls to crack that nut. Malema's EFF is a radical redistribution party - Mugabe-style - but has not gained traction.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 06:09:23 PM »

Yeah Ramaphosa is perceived as pro-business like Mbeki. He has a long clean CV. SA is a parliamentary system which works for the small tribes. Mbeki I think was from a small tribe. Mzungu economic monopoly is still the determining factor. Noone has the balls to crack that nut. Malema's EFF is a radical redistribution party - Mugabe-style - but has not gained traction.

Mbeki is Xhosa(number 2 after their Zulu cousins).  But I agree the parliamentary system seems to be what works in most parts of the world. 

Malema, another small tribe guy(same group as Ramaphosa I think), is a populist, like Zuma was before coming to power.  Once in power, they change tune.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »
Tax those who have the wealth, take that money and build cities for those who live in these slums. The building boom will create jobs and lift the lives of the slum class. Forcefully taking property will not work in Africa. Mugabe did it but it has left the country worse off. The well connected got the land and started selling it to the people who were supposed to get it for free!!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »

Mbeki is Xhosa(number 2 after their Zulu cousins).  But I agree the parliamentary system seems to be what works in most parts of the world. 

Malema, another small tribe guy(same group as Ramaphosa I think), is a populist, like Zuma was before coming to power.  Once in power, they change tune.

I think once in power the reality is different from the sidelines. There are laws, investors, international community, etc to mind and not just the base. If the radical proposals of land, mines and company ownership transfer are effected the investors will flee. SA will not go for the Zim path so the rhetoric will remain just that.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 08:25:06 PM »
There is an optimum tax and if you exceed it the investors will move capital to better places next door. Botswana and Namibia would reap big from any economic blunders in SA.

Tax those who have the wealth, take that money and build cities for those who live in these slums. The building boom will create jobs and lift the lives of the slum class. Forcefully taking property will not work in Africa. Mugabe did it but it has left the country worse off. The well connected got the land and started selling it to the people who were supposed to get it for free!!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
There is an optimum tax and if you exceed it the investors will move capital to better places next door. Botswana and Namibia would reap big from any economic blunders in SA.

Tax is better than grabbing people's property.