Author Topic: NASA Petition General  (Read 65145 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: NASA Petition General
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
Pythagoras was a figure of speech, an English version of DPORK's Kizungu mingi. Taking an idiom home from a legal battle is waving a white flag. It must really be humbling watching hours of NASWA submissions hoping for some 'bombshell', only to watch their bullshiet dismantled by lawyers of dubious legal mien

Not so much humbling as entertaining.  I take it you feel like you lost big time because of the server ruling.  They might still find nothing.  Hopefully that keeps you going.  For me, it's exciting because I will learn something either way.  Don't try to fight facts.  It's not healthy.

Me?  I know this petition is going nowhere for example, even though I wish it would succeed and force some useful behavior on our electoral process.  But if it doesn't, I won't pretend it has.  The fact is while PLO made a fool of himself, I have no reason to doubt he impressed some of us.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »
Pythagoras was a figure of speech, an English version of DPORK's Kizungu mingi. Taking an idiom home from a legal battle is waving a white flag. It must really be humbling watching hours of NASWA submissions hoping for some 'bombshell', only to watch their bullshiet dismantled by lawyers of dubious legal mien

I have no interest in the outcome of the legal fisticuffs, and, therefore, no flag to wave.    I just find this particular bit highly amusing, especially when people are impressed with a whole bunch of  gobbledygook.    And the notions of "figure of speech" and "idiom" only make things more amusing.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »

Not so much humbling as entertaining.  I take it you feel like you lost big time because of the server ruling.  They might still find nothing.  Hopefully that keeps you going.  For me, it's exciting because I will learn something either way.  Don't try to fight facts.  It's not healthy.

Me?  I know this petition is going nowhere for example, even though I wish it would succeed and force some useful behavior on our electoral process.  But if it doesn't, I won't pretend it has.  The fact is while PLO made a fool of himself, I have no reason to doubt he impressed some of us.

What's most amusing? NASWA's infinite excuses for their thrashing. Omorlo imagines IEBC will be less than cooperative, I know they will finger their own experts for failure to mine gems from the servers. Poor sods will be roasted alive

The other amusing thing was NASWA steering clear of their bullshiet; less of substance and more of procedure, less of quantity and more of 'quality'.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2017, 10:07:16 PM »

I have no interest in the outcome of the legal fisticuffs, and, therefore, no flag to wave.    I just find this particular bit highly amusing, especially when people are impressed with a whole bunch of  gobbledygook.    And the notions of "figure of speech" and "idiom" only make things more amusing.
Me too, I did not get the joke/punchline on Poor Pythagoras. I think I'm dumb.

Orengo made a statement that will outlive this SCOK composition; he longs for a day where,like US, the electoral process will be so fair that every party will defend it instead of fighting over it.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2017, 07:06:01 AM »
plo delivered the best closing submission so far.That was his job the rest having dealt with the law and the facts of the case.Next will be Ngatia to shine. BTW Amollo pythogras nonsense is part of the in admissable evidence that were expunged.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
All that is nonsense and does not impress seasoned judges. At this point the judges are very focused and I believe they know exactly what they want. There are two dwelling theories here; whether elections are about the process or merely numbers at the end like the party nominations. I think this time around the court must pay attention to the process because the constitution seems to do so. A lot of people are being disillusioned by this lack of attention to the process and its encouraging the thieves because they believe they can steal with impunity. Jubilites argument is that the huge numbers cannot be overturned regardless of how they were achieved. This court must reject that argument. The end should never justify the means.

plo delivered the best closing submission so far.That was his job the rest having dealt with the law and the facts of the case.Next will be Ngatia to shine. BTW Amollo pythogras nonsense is part of the in admissable evidence that were expunged.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
All that is nonsense and does not impress seasoned judges. At this point the judges are very focused and I believe they know exactly what they want. There are two dwelling theories here; whether elections are about the process or merely numbers at the end like the party nominations. I think this time around the court must pay attention to the process because the constitution seems to do so. A lot of people are being disillusioned by this lack of attention to the process and its encouraging the thieves because they believe they can steal with impunity. Jubilites argument is that the huge numbers cannot be overturned regardless of how they were achieved. This court must reject that argument. The end should never justify the means.

True.
NASWA's job is to prove that the process what irredeemably flawed that any output is unreliable.

But honestly, even here they are struggling
1. The strongest claim; ungazetted polling station has been debunked
2. 'ungazetted' returning/presiding officers are nothing but dropouts
3. Forms 34A and B are yet to be yet again scrutinized.

I'm sure the question of 'statistics' and 'data' will haunt Jubilee.

Another is declaration of results without all forms 34A. The argument that Bomas was not bound to gather all forms 34A since they had received forms 34B is a minefield and I'm keen on hearing how this pans out.

If constituency results are final, should the commissioners demand sight of forms 34A first before declaring?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »
They will be process lapses here and there; they will be numerical errors or lapses here and there; only a very unreasonable court would overturn an election without checking the consequences of such lapses. If the lapses (processes, tallying) did not have material effect on election; then election will stand.

The observer missions who focused more on the process - all gave IEBC thumb ups.

The enduring lesson that SCOK need to deliver is simple again like it did in 2013. If you're given a dog beating; concede. We are not here to help you win elections.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
Interesting. The statistics or data is for me an add-on; Nobody has shown how having those stats disadvantaged them; It nice to have thing. As long as it was not the basis of making the official final declaration then it's okay. If court feel this is confusing - then it will ask IEBC to simply scrap it.

Does Chebukati need Form 34As to declare. That is the big question. I think based on Maina rulling he doesn't. That Maina case emasculated Chebukati to just adding up Form 34Bs.

True.
NASWA's job is to prove that the process what irredeemably flawed that any output is unreliable.

But honestly, even here they are struggling
1. The strongest claim; ungazetted polling station has been debunked
2. 'ungazetted' returning/presiding officers are nothing but dropouts
3. Forms 34A and B are yet to be yet again scrutinized.

I'm sure the question of 'statistics' and 'data' will haunt Jubilee.

Another is declaration of results without all forms 34A. The argument that Bomas was not bound to gather all forms 34A since they had received forms 34B is a minefield and I'm keen on hearing how this pans out.

If constituency results are final, should the commissioners demand sight of forms 34A first before declaring?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »
IEBC wako na michezo.... refusing to comply with yesterday's court orders.  Thought they had everything sewn up?

Thieving bastards...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »
vooke

Technically the IEBC gazetted the ROs. The evidence is that there is such a gazette. However when one publishes a gazette notice that appears on the day of election it amounts to trickery. We are not even sure there was a gazette.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:07 AM »
I am glad Ahmednasir is addressing the issue of nullification of the election. Silly man should have avoided mentioning it. He now makes it an option that the judges will weigh. In choosing it, they will seek to answer him.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2017, 11:26:01 AM »
Is it back.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
Orengo; Going smoothly except for read-only.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
Mutie: Add more staff to complete form 34s verification - Registar to increase staff.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »
Ngatia to resume; Maraga please compile with the orders.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2017, 12:30:31 PM »
IEBC excuses of Europe needing to wake up and configure read only users donesnt wash. They clearly are stalling

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »
Fred Ngatia:IEBC: Observers are under statutory application and must be submitted to IEBC. These observer report have the basis in law. It's the first assessment of IEBC.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
IEBC excuses of Europe needing to wake up and configure read only users donesnt wash. They clearly are stalling

I think it's more about their service level agreement as opposed to slumbering Europeans.  Most European cities are 247 operations.  Data centres are definitely 247/365.

It is currently 1039 hours in London (only Dublin/Cardiff and Belfast are the only major cities further to the west of London).