Author Topic: Oka to join Azimio but kalonzo not happy  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Oka to join Azimio but kalonzo not happy
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2022, 07:16:58 PM »
Kalenjin leaders were crying foul as early as feb 2002. Raila speaks in parliament in July. When Kimunya and Kiraitu had already communicated that Raila as housing minister needed to build new VP house in Karen.

If I recall initially NARC won - the fallout btw Raila and Kibaki started almost immediately.

Also the call for MOi to account started almost immediately - with Raila & Nyayo torture chambers - Ouko probe - and later the goldenburg commission headed by Bosire. These were early months of NARC.

Raila only warmed up to KANU when Mt Kenya mafia told him the MOU btw NAK & LDP was not worthy of the paper it was written of

Mau forest is a separate story. Raila spoke up literally on TV to journalists about Moi being summoned to the Goldenberg Commission for questioning. Moody Awori defended those pushing it and Raila said Mzee to be left alone. That is something I saw and heard for myself right when the debates for the summons were going on and No, Raila hadn't fallen out with Kibaki yet. In fact, after that, the debate pretty much died, at least from the news cycle where it was hot.
I wasn't wrong saying 2003. Remember, elections were in Dec 2002. These Goldenberg things were happening in 2003-2004, the first year of NARC after Kibaki swearing in almost (close to) New Years. And even if the rift started immediately, they were still managing it for a while as things got worse. Only when Raila and company walked out did it fully mature. But for at least some months they were getting along. I remember Kibaki visiting Nyeri to cross River Chania as president with Raila.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2022, 07:25:33 PM »
Yes true - fallout happened on 2nd day - after swearing - but they thought it was just hiccups - unaware Kibaki and his mafia had no intention to honour the deal. Kibaki health didnt help.

Anyway Kibaki disappointed me - I wish he had just honoured the MOU - and stuck to the reform agenda - not become insular and try to re-enact a kikuyu regime - when kenyans had broke free from tribalism to elect him with 2/3 majority.

It was the biggest let down - and personally I quit supporting him in 2004.

Back to issue - Moi was not saved by Raila or Kibaki - he was saved by the Americans who guaranteed his jail free ticket as long as he handed over power and stayed out of politics. As much as Moi had disappointed Kalenjin nation - he was and still is a revered hero who had impacted Kalenjin in big ways - and touching him would have definitely sparked a civil war.

I wasn't wrong saying 2003. Remember, elections were in Dec 2002. These Goldenberg things were happening in 2003-2004, the first year of NARC after Kibaki swearing in almost (close to) New Years. And even if the rift started immediately, they were still managing it for a while as things got worse. Only when Raila and company walked out did it fully mature. But for at least some months they were getting along. I remember Kibaki visiting Nyeri to cross River Chania as president with Raila.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2022, 10:24:15 AM »

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2022, 10:27:31 AM »