Author Topic: Oka to join Azimio but kalonzo not happy  (Read 2790 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Oka to join Azimio but kalonzo not happy
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2022, 01:14:57 PM »
Read this recent interview from Kiraitu. Both of you are NAIVE
1) You think there is some BRO CODE that say dont touch me; so I wont touch you; WRONG Politics is CUT THROAT
2) You only insulate yourself by cleaning your acts - but definitely your business will go down.
3) New politicians and their large entourage are coming in like hungry packs of wolves - and they are not going to spare anything & anybody until they are full - then they can relax.

Politics is cut throat - you can only get away like Moi - because YOU CAN. It's not because Kibaki was nice. It because he signed an MOU with Moi overseen by Boinnet & CIA - he got a jail free card long before he handed over - Only Kibaki & Moi knew the deal otherwise Moi had been prepared to hand over to Military - and Kalenjin elite had long declared Moi was a no go zone and if they had attempted to touch MOi - a war would have erupted.

READ BELOW - and I hope you know how to read btw the lines to get the subliminal message.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/kiraitu-murungi-how-mwai-kibaki-stopped-us-from-arresting-moi-3649836

I was the minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs at the time. I had come from civil society where there was a lot of debate on how Moi had committed a lot of crimes and ought to be arrested. Some of the charges had already been drafted. That pressure to arrest Moi was immense, especially from civil societies.

At the time Joseph Boinnet was the head of intelligence and he was getting all this information, but Kibaki did not want us to fight MoiThis was around the time when it had been decided that no action would be taken against Moi, and I was sending the message that we would not be taking any action again him. But Kanu stalwarts accused me of abusing Moi.

Kibaki is the one who stopped Moi attack. Raila had promised before elections to jail Moi , after elections NARC Ministers including Raila, Anyang Nyongo ,Murungaru and Kiraitu were baying for Mois blood and had even made it an agenda in Cabinets meeting only for Kibaki to refuse to Okei it. They then requested instead to go after Biwott, Kulei etc and Kibaki told them thats as well going after Moi.
The RV you praising has his theory that it was because of Boinett who had cut a deal with U.S.
Truth of the matter Moi and Kibaki were political rivals but vwry good friends . Kibaki was a post Independence Tycoon these people Moi let them accumulate wealth during his reign.
The reality was seen in 2007 elections when Moi supported Kibaki against Raila and was instrumental in asking Kibaki not to give in as  he had won 2007 elections outrightly.
In 2010 Raila was still on Mois neck attacking him and threatening him even going ahead and trying to reclaim tea factories he had only for Uhuru and Ruto to thwart that.
These are facts Kamami Raila is one person you can never trust. Even with coalition agreements  show me one he has stuck with ans I will show you the 11th Planet.

Wewe Nowayhaha, try to be objective. It was Raila who stopped the NARC govt in 2003 from going after Moi, with kina Moody Awori saying its ok for the Bosire commission to summon him for questioning. Raila was still powerful and influential in the coalition, and he said, "Leave mzee alone, ameshatoka kwa kiti." Try to be fair sometimes. Ata afadhali Pundit, you are 100% one-sided.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2022, 01:24:09 PM »
I remember Rift Valley declaration when Moi was summoned to appear for Goldenburg and he refused - saying the lawyers were enough.

Sirma and WSR were leading it - They declared that RV would secede if Moi was touched.https://allafrica.com/stories/200302240117.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2022, 01:33:41 PM »
If I recall correctly - Biwott and his "hand over to the army" guys had approached Gen Sumbeiywo to take over power. Gen Sumbeiywo had been instrumental in South Sudan and had some political experience - flatly refused. Sumbeiyo had been promoted to Chief of Staff - thankfully Moi was wise and Sumbeiywo knew better than be part of the plot - and Brig Boinnet got Kibaki and the Americans to deal with Kalenjin elite anxieties. All of them had bought houses abroad in readiness to flee if things went south.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »
Look like they are likely to join up with Raila

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2022, 02:43:01 PM »
You will never win any argument with Pundito especially where Raila is involved.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2022, 02:54:32 PM »
Facts are stubborn. Not me.
You will never win any argument with Pundito especially where Raila is involved.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2022, 03:36:31 PM »
Selective application of facts,you don't remember Railas speech in parliament saying the house will remain with Moi amidst applause by Kalenjin mps.Be fair sometimes and give credit where it's due.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »
I think we disagree on the timing. I dont think it was early in 2003 - but later when relationship with Mt Kenya went south.

I remember Raila after Kibaki betrayed him warming up to KANU - that eventually led to merge of LDP and KANU - into ODM.

I also remember Raila targeting Moi land in Mau forest in 2008

I see it was in July

Selective application of facts,you don't remember Railas speech in parliament saying the house will remain with Moi amidst applause by Kalenjin mps.Be fair sometimes and give credit where it's due.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »

This is after Kibaki told the Ministers that Moi was untouchable.

I think we disagree on the timing. I dont think it was early in 2003 - but later when relationship with Mt Kenya went south.

I remember Raila after Kibaki betrayed him warming up to KANU - that eventually led to merge of LDP and KANU - into ODM.

I see it was in July

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2022, 04:56:33 PM »

Any link to this story.Or part of the Kalenjin Supremacy myths ?

If I recall correctly - Biwott and his "hand over to the army" guys had approached Gen Sumbeiywo to take over power. Gen Sumbeiywo had been instrumental in South Sudan and had some political experience - flatly refused. Sumbeiyo had been promoted to Chief of Staff - thankfully Moi was wise and Sumbeiywo knew better than be part of the plot - and Brig Boinnet got Kibaki and the Americans to deal with Kalenjin elite anxieties. All of them had bought houses abroad in readiness to flee if things went south.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2022, 05:16:30 PM »
Trust my outstanding memory - okay? or read Sumbeiywo book - read btw the lines
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/revealed-army-secrets-of-moi-regime-s-last-days-522044?view=htmlampThe Army decided to remain impartial and instal as its Commander-in-Chief whichever candidate won.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2022, 05:16:38 PM »

I see it was in July

Mau forest is a separate story. Raila spoke up literally on TV to journalists about Moi being summoned to the Goldenberg Commission for questioning. Moody Awori defended those pushing it and Raila said Mzee to be left alone. That is something I saw and heard for myself right when the debates for the summons were going on and No, Raila hadn't fallen out with Kibaki yet. In fact, after that, the debate pretty much died, at least from the news cycle where it was hot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2022, 05:23:09 PM »
Kalenjin leaders were crying foul as early as feb 2002. Raila speaks in parliament in July. When Kimunya and Kiraitu had already communicated that Raila as housing minister needed to build new VP house in Karen.

If I recall initially NARC won - the fallout btw Raila and Kibaki started almost immediately.

Also the call for MOi to account started almost immediately - with Raila & Nyayo torture chambers - Ouko probe - and later the goldenburg commission headed by Bosire. These were early months of NARC.

Raila only warmed up to KANU when Mt Kenya mafia told him the MOU btw NAK & LDP was not worthy of the paper it was written of

Mau forest is a separate story. Raila spoke up literally on TV to journalists about Moi being summoned to the Goldenberg Commission for questioning. Moody Awori defended those pushing it and Raila said Mzee to be left alone. That is something I saw and heard for myself right when the debates for the summons were going on and No, Raila hadn't fallen out with Kibaki yet. In fact, after that, the debate pretty much died, at least from the news cycle where it was hot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2022, 05:26:17 PM »
NOwayah - if I recall the kitchen cabinet intrigues - the Young turks led by Ruto and Uhuru had no problem with hand over to Kibaki - they had no skletons- Biwott and his group of old KANU we very fearful - and explored the military options - they approached the army - Gen Sumbeiywo flatly objected. Boinett shared those plans with the Americans. The Americans were of course very interested player then in ensuring a peaceful transition of kenya. They had Kibaki and  Moi signed an Mou that spared Moi of all crimes - and in turn he would not oppose the incoming gov in anyway.

Kibaki would late fire almost everyone but retained Boinnet for two more years...until in 2005..when again Boinnet told Kibaki he would lose the referendum and the men around Kibaki went for Boinnet.

Boinnet is one of kenya unsung patriots.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2022, 05:47:42 PM »

Doesnt corroborate what you are saying The CIA American story.

Trust my outstanding memory - okay? or read Sumbeiywo book - read btw the lines
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/revealed-army-secrets-of-moi-regime-s-last-days-522044?view=htmlampThe Army decided to remain impartial and instal as its Commander-in-Chief whichever candidate won.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2022, 05:54:12 PM »

Raila and Kibaki fell out by the time cabinet was announced.
Raila had his own line up but was suprised when Kibaki announce , Achilo Ayako, Tuju and even Anyang Nyongo as Ministers.
His Party leutinants called a Pressconfrence and announced there was a MOU between NAK and LDP to share posts 50/50. That was the first week of Kibakis tenure.

Kalenjin leaders were crying foul as early as feb 2002. Raila speaks in parliament in July. When Kimunya and Kiraitu had already communicated that Raila as housing minister needed to build new VP house in Karen.

If I recall initially NARC won - the fallout btw Raila and Kibaki started almost immediately.

Also the call for MOi to account started almost immediately - with Raila & Nyayo torture chambers - Ouko probe - and later the goldenburg commission headed by Bosire. These were early months of NARC.

Raila only warmed up to KANU when Mt Kenya mafia told him the MOU btw NAK & LDP was not worthy of the paper it was written of

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2022, 05:57:49 PM »
You think CIA will air such deals? You need to use basic logic. MOU btw Kibaki & MOi overseen by US & Boinett is well known - you're just naive. Kibaki's first secret meeting with Boinnet was in November 2002. ... to get the Americans tell Moi to the face what he did not want to hear.
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/the-writing-was-on-the-wall-but-moi-ignored-wise-counsel--559172?view=htmlamp
It was the first clear pointer that the former president was finally reconciling with the possibility of a Kibaki presidency.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2022, 06:27:05 PM »

You like mixing stories. Truth of the matter is Moi had no qualms with Kibaki.  In 1997 he even said Kibaki is the only opposition candidate who can lead Kenya. Moi tried to bring Kibaki to his fold but Kibaki knew it would finish him politically.
If there was a deal (thats why we encourage politicians to write books) then It was done between Kibaki and Moi.
Uhuru will eventually make a deal with Ruto.
In 2002 there is a reason Uhuru conceded flanked by Ruto even before results were announced.
You think CIA will air such deals? You need to use basic logic. MOU btw Kibaki & MOi overseen by US & Boinett is well known - you're just naive. Kibaki's first secret meeting with Boinnet was in November 2002. ... to get the Americans tell Moi to the face what he did not want to hear.
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/the-writing-was-on-the-wall-but-moi-ignored-wise-counsel--559172?view=htmlamp
It was the first clear pointer that the former president was finally reconciling with the possibility of a Kibaki presidency.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2022, 06:37:14 PM »
Typical idiot - just admit you know nothing - and are naive.
Moi may have had no qualms but he had real fears that he would be held to account for all his crimes of omission and commission!
And the people around Moi were even more fearful.
The US and Boinnet saved Kenya.
Because If they didnt - It very possible Moi would have handed to Gen Sumbeiwyo after some PEV.
You like mixing stories. Truth of the matter is Moi had no qualms with Kibaki.  In 1997 he even said Kibaki is the only opposition candidate who can lead Kenya. Moi tried to bring Kibaki to his fold but Kibaki knew it would finish him politically.
If there was a deal (thats why we encourage politicians to write books) then It was done between Kibaki and Moi.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2022, 06:59:37 PM »
Moi was okei handing over power to Kibaki, NARC aeministration thought he would hand over. Moi in his last days of power visited U.S. and openly committed he will LEAVE power.
Daudi Tonje reforms in Military came in aid as there was no entitlement by the Generals to cling into power. Boinett was instrumental by sticking to his guns Kibaki had won.
Uhuru was asked by Moi and convinced by Kenyan Oligarchy to concede. You seem to not know Majority of Rainbow summit members apart from Raila were meeting with Moi secretly. They would tell Moi it was too late and I do believe its by then that Moi cut a deal. During that period alot of looting happened and Moi aides transffered alot of wealth from their custody to Moi.
Hii story ya CIA and Kalenjin Coup is just another Myth created to show superiority.

Typical idiot - just admit you know nothing - and are naive.
Moi may have had no qualms but he had real fears that he would be held to account for all his crimes of omission and commission!
And the people around Moi were even more fearful.
The US and Boinnet saved Kenya.
Because If they didnt - It very possible Moi would have handed to Gen Sumbeiwyo after some PEV.