Author Topic: Quote of the Year and Nomination of Ngina to Grand Warrior  (Read 5325 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Quote of the Year and Nomination of Ngina to Grand Warrior
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »
Now this is one woman with balls. I love Ngina. No beating about the bush. She got Njamlik going in to frenzy and interrupting his begging trip to The Hague later this week. From now on expect her gender to be "reversed" by Njamlik.

I nominate Ngina to Nipate Grand Warrior Title.

Quote from: Ngina
All the GEMA here seem so nervous about WSR being booted by  Kalenjins. Kenyan politics are so fluid by 2017 there will be some new coalition that we were not even thinking about.

Don't worry if all else [fails] you can always rig an election. Extending Ruto an olive branch was because you did not want to steal it hadharani like 2007 it gets too messy.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Re: Quote of the Year and Nomination of Ngina to Grand Warrior
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
5 Million??? This is what somebody was talking about recently where Kikuyus believe they have the votes to win an election alone. Look at Energizer making a village idiot of himself....
Quote from: Energizer
GEMA with 5million+ votes have no reason to be nervous. On the contrary, that kind of political capital can make or unmake any presidential candidate. If Ruto dumps Uhuru as he is being 'encouraged' to do by Ngina et al to make way for Jakuon, what makes Ngina think Uhuru cannot forego another term and support Mudavadi, like he tried to do in December 2012, if the landscape looks risky? Like i said, anything is possible in politics...jameni :lol:
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:35:07 AM »
I think Energizer just cooked that; GEMA votes are 25-30% (possibly dropping) of the registered votes (3.5-4M); out of that; you expect maybe 3-3.5M cast votes.

In terms of counties you' want to look at 99% of Nyeri,Muranga,Nyandarua,Kirinyanga,Embu,Tharaka,Meru. About 90% in Kiambu. About 80% of Lakipia. About 60% of Nakuru. About 40% of Lamu. About 35% of Nairobi.About 30% of Kajiado. About 5-10% of UG,TZ and Narok.That is pretty much it.

Definitely if GEMA had 5M votes; they would have won the last election without a coalition.

5 Million??? This is what somebody was talking about recently where Kikuyus believe they have the votes to win an election alone. Look at Energizer making a village idiot of himself....

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:49 PM »
Bwana Pundit

Hasn't Kenya reached a stage where wider and deeper electoral reforms can take place?

I have in mind initiatives like
1. Same Day Voter Registration where you register and vote on the spot
2. Elimination of registration / voter register and use of the Population register
3. Compulsory voting with sanctions to motivate participation

The amount of cash being invested or wasted is enough to do this. For starters eliminating the Voters Roll would save a huge amount. This can be invested in the Population Registration (merging Births and Deaths, etc)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »
With tech everything is possible..but when tech fails like it did..you'll need manually verified systems that will include voters rolls that have been inspected.
Bwana Pundit

Hasn't Kenya reached a stage where wider and deeper electoral reforms can take place?

I have in mind initiatives like
1. Same Day Voter Registration where you register and vote on the spot
2. Elimination of registration / voter register and use of the Population register
3. Compulsory voting with sanctions to motivate participation

The amount of cash being invested or wasted is enough to do this. For starters eliminating the Voters Roll would save a huge amount. This can be invested in the Population Registration (merging Births and Deaths, etc)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
Countries that use the entire population register have a way of indicating those who have voted. Some even go as far as to show who you voted for. That part remains secret or anonymized but of course the Courts can see it.

But I accept. African countries have just one major problem: They acquire the latest technology and then expect it to work without maintenance or repairs. The day there is a breakdown is the day it is buried. In my travels around Africa, I come across very advanced gadgets which can still work with a little repair but end up being sold off as scrap metal.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »
At least now we have incontrovertible proof that Ngina cannot be the same person as Robina as has long been speculated by some nipateans :D Reading this thread's equivalent at .com, the view attributed to Ngina is diametrically opposed to Robina's

http://nipate.com/quote-of-the-day-ngina-on-mudavadi-uhuru-wsr-t47483.html

Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »
Countries that use the entire population register have a way of indicating those who have voted. Some even go as far as to show who you voted for. That part remains secret or anonymized but of course the Courts can see it.

But I accept. African countries have just one major problem: They acquire the latest technology and then expect it to work without maintenance or repairs. The day there is a breakdown is the day it is buried. In my travels around Africa, I come across very advanced gadgets which can still work with a little repair but end up being sold off as scrap metal.
The problem with IEBC and technology.  I have mentioned before that they were using open-source tools.  EVID is the only thing that really cost money.  The rest went into Oswago's pockets.  When requirements of any nature automatically become avenues for corruption, divine intervention is the only thing left.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »
Oswago deserves the death sentence.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »

The problem with the entire population register comes down to logistics. 

Unless the system is completely electronic.  You want to know the maximum number of people who can vote in a location and prepare for that.

It's overambitious to expect that to happen in Kenya.  They are not even about to let go of their manual transmission from voting stations to Nairobi.  The bread and butter of Kenyan rigging.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 04:15:41 PM »
I think also it would overwhelm any system or org to have all 18M or maybe 25m by 2017 all  voting. We need to think of extending the voting period. We should be able to vote for a whole week.

Anyway every system can be gamed. We just need more integrity from the people manning them which will be hard to come by.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »
I think also it would overwhelm any system or org to have all 18M or maybe 25m by 2017 all  voting. We need to think of extending the voting period. We should be able to vote for a whole week.

Anyway every system can be gamed. We just need more integrity from the people manning them which will be hard to come by.
In other words, the problem is the culture, not the gadgets. True dat. :)
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 07:53:17 PM »
Omollo wrote:

"But I accept. African countries have just one major problem: They acquire the latest technology and then expect it to work without maintenance or repairs."

Yes, maintenance and repairs are things we don't appear to believe in.   We will make big deal about the "fantastic, brand-new" thing we've just acquired and then quickly let it go to the dogs, at which point we will (instead of repair) borrow money to get another "fantastic, brand-new" thing.   Even something like just a road: instead of running maintenance, e.g. to fix small potholes, we will wait until the tarmac road has potholes large enough to swallow cars or has returned to its murram state.   And then there's hospitals and their critical equipment etc. 

In cases such as the voting fiasco, it is even worse: I still can't believe that folks expected that such a large and complex computerized system would, without extensive testing, work perfectly on the day---that all one had to do was turn it on.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »
Wololo! I missed this... Jesus Christo of Nazareth on an Ass to be crucified in Jerusalem by The Romans and the hapless jews blamed!! Ngina!! :D :D
Quote from: Ngina » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:47 am

RVHH is so far up Rutos behind, he suffers from oxygen deprivation and hence his brain can't function at full capacity. He also suffers from Stockholm's [syndrome and], .. has fully bought into the captors bs. If he doesn't free himself [soon] he will be brain dead; there are signs some of the faculties are irreversibly injured.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
I find Ngina mentally unstable...most of you maybe see an heroine (of what exactly). I think her advice' to WSR are impractically. WSR has to walk a fine rope...of being DPORK and URP leader...he is mostly failing nowadays in URP part..as he concentrate on DPORK. When it come to 2017...WSR albeit keeping one feet in Jubilee should always have his options wide open. He should be versatile...given CORD and others will not walk into the same trap again and again.