Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 9598 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Cancer
« on: August 25, 2019, 07:56:01 PM »
I use to think it affected those other people. My sister whose is 2yrs older than me is now sleeping possibly with breast cancer that has possibly advanced to her lungs.I had aunty married to my maternal uncle who bravely died from cervical cancer.She lives in me.My grandfather at 85yrs died I think from prostrate cancer but all along I thought we had inherited  great genes.My paternal grandmother never got sick.My father at nearly 80yrs has never been admitted to a hospital.At nearly 40yrs I have never been an inpatient.I have never been to hospital until my daughter neonatal jaundice.Ee always had great genes.Never got sick
Anyway reading Kalanith when Breathe become Air now but life is fleeting.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
Nothing prepares you to experience the mortality, or even near-death of loved ones.  Nothing. 

I wish your sister luck in her fight.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »
Pole, Pundit. Prayers for your sister. May the best that can come out of this for all touched by it, come.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
Thanks Terminator & Dear Mama - hopefully she doesn't have it. They are doing ct-scan/mammography today

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
Pole Pundit, we have all been variously affected by this scourge either directly as self or close family.

You say that final scans are today, if it is what you suspect and has been found early, then it need not be a death sentence. Today's medical science (oncological science) provides very targeted treatment for tumors if they are still at original focal location. I have had close family members go through this, it is a very "personal" battle. Support your sister, the greatest gift you can all give her as she walks through is to rally around her and be there for her, comfort her. Spiritual support is also key (i know you have previously said that you are agnostic or don't believe in God!). A change of diet is also recommended.

But you also say that it has possibly spread to the lungs, meaning it has metastasized; if this is the case, then that is a different prognosis and ball-game altogether.

I leave you with this...... "If not you, who else?? Why not you...!" The good Lord left us with one big/main commandment, LOVE, for one another. What you wish for self also be what you wish for the other human being. Kalanith says much the same in his book. Great read, Very personal and touching....

Wishing her all the best!

I use to think it affected those other people. My sister whose is 2yrs older than me is now sleeping possibly with breast cancer that has possibly advanced to her lungs.I had aunty married to my maternal uncle who bravely died from cervical cancer.She lives in me.My grandfather at 85yrs died I think from prostrate cancer but all along I thought we had inherited  great genes.My paternal grandmother never got sick.My father at nearly 80yrs has never been admitted to a hospital.At nearly 40yrs I have never been an inpatient.I have never been to hospital until my daughter neonatal jaundice.Ee always had great genes.Never got sick

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »
Thanks, dude. I am hoping to go see her soon. I can only imagine we are walking dead.
Pole Pundit, we have all been variously affected by this scourge either directly as self or close family.

You say that final scans are today, if it is what you suspect and has been found early, then it need not be a death sentence. Today's medical science (oncological science) provides very targeted treatment for tumors if they are still at original focal location. I have had close family members go through this, it is a very "personal" battle. Support your sister, the greatest gift you can all give her as she walks through is to rally around her and be there for her, comfort her. Spiritual support is also key (i know you have previously said that you are agnostic or don't believe in God!). A change of diet is also recommended.

But you also say that it has possibly spread to the lungs, meaning it has metastasized; if this is the case, then that is a different prognosis and ball-game altogether.

I leave you with this...... "If not you, who else?? Why not you...!" The good Lord left us with one big/main commandment, LOVE, for one another. What you wish for self also be what you wish for the other human being. Kalanith says much the same in his book. Great read, Very personal and touching....

Wishing her all the best!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »
Modern lifestyle comes with modern diseases.
Most breast cancer is curable but you have to be at the right place.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 10:13:24 PM »
Pole Pundito,
So I had this buddy in campo. Mum developed breast cancer. Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to battling cancer while dirt poor. They burnt all they had,which was very little,and she succumbed. His dad caught prostrate cancer. The old man hid it from the family for about 7 months. Once they found out he refused all treatment and was gone in under a month. His philosophy was, it was pointless burdening his already overburdened family and there was no cure. He was an orphan in under 8 months thanks to cancer.

This thing is nasty
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
May the Almighty Lord deliver her through it. I pray that you find peace and comfort during this trying time my brother.

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 04:10:43 PM »
Pole Pundit.
My aunt was diagnosed of breast cancer over 20 years ago. The doctors wanted to amputate it and she refused. She is still with us today and has lived to bury her all her 5 siblings. Mind you my aunt is of humble background and lives deep mashambani. No cancer experts were involved.
So which ever way your sister decides to take, just encourage her as one can see there are chances of fighting off this scourge.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »
Pole Pundit.

As a a fatalist, I have already made peace with myself in case of a diagnosis which unfortunately comes too late around here. I will look for morphine and all sort drugs to manage the pain - no chemo or such procedures - not with preliminary genome research showing it is not working well for nyeuthi. 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 08:05:17 PM »
Pole Pundit.

As a a fatalist, I have already made peace with myself in case of a diagnosis which unfortunately comes too late around here. I will look for morphine and all sort drugs to manage the pain - no chemo or such procedures - not with preliminary genome research showing it is not working well for nyeuthi. 
Breastfeeding Cancer is curable these days.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
It is not clear whether it is 'curable' or just cut away the cells through surgery or just goes into remission. As a conspiracy theorist, I feel the medical practitioners could have been celebrating too early given the billions of dollars poured into the research.

For the cases I have seen, it is too draining on self and everybody - The pain, financially, psychologically and physically. If one is over 50, for now my take is pain management and just let them go though socially people will shout about neglect.

If it took likes of Steve Jobs, seems technology will have some time catching up with this devastating cells.

Pole Pundit.

Breastfeeding Cancer is curable these days.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 09:16:42 PM »
We spoke with her today.The results will released apparently on Saturday.Her lymph nodes are enlarged, hand swollen and etc.My sister has always been strong.While I was physically not strong, she was a volleyball national champion.You could never outserver her howeve much  you tried.She was the school booster, neutralising the spike and setting up the spikers without losing a beat.I will at Moi referral on Thursday to see her.Something wrong is going on in my birthplace. Never felt so vulnerable.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »
We spoke with her today.The results will released apparently on Saturday.Her lymph nodes are enlarged, hand swollen and etc.My sister has always been strong.While I was physically not strong, she was a volleyball national champion.You could never outserver her howeve much  you tried.She was the school booster, neutralising the spike and setting up the spikers without losing a beat.I will at Moi referral on Thursday to see her.Something wrong is going on in my birthplace. Never felt so vulnerable.

That totally sucks.  Good luck.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 04:21:48 AM »
Pole sana Pundit. Wishing your sister quick recovery.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 12:22:52 PM »
Dear RVP, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. My prayers are with your sister and your family at what must be a devastating time. Please ensure she eats lots of selenium so brasil nuts, vitamins and minerals. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »
Pole RV Pundit. I am sorry to hear about your sister. Stay strong buddy.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 10:02:41 AM »
Just heard that my sis passed away last night. She had been fine and at home. Damn fucking cancer.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
Pole Pundit. May her soul rest in peace.

Just heard that my sis passed away last night. She had been fine and at home. Damn fucking cancer.