Author Topic: Can Sonko still vie for Nairobi Governor?  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Can Sonko still vie for Nairobi Governor?
« on: December 23, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »
There is mixed opinion out here but I understand he has not exhausted all avenues of appeal

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: Can Sonko still vie for Nairobi Governor?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:34:07 PM »
How now? The system is done with that 'crimino'. He should go serve the remaining sentence at shimo la Tewa.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 12:27:53 PM »
The thug is out on bail and can easily be locked up pending trial. His only hope is high court to overturn the impeachment - 1 in 10 chance. Otherwise he is prepping to drum Wanjiru-Mariga ticket with Ruto.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 12:41:46 PM »
Sonko has not filed a petition on his eligibility as an impeachee - which indicates he doesn't intend to vie. Waiting to apply as independent candidate and run to court when IEBC decline - is poor strategy. Obviously he might do that but for sympathy votes not really to win. The sympathies and crocodile tears he will sell to Ruto for huge premium - that look like the real payoff now - to milk Ruto who is desperate to knick Nairobi.

Deep state of course will ask him to lie low - not back anyone- in exchange for freedom and continue blind eye to his open drug routes. Or else.

It basically who has more carrots vs sticks to offer :) - nothing remotely patriotic about the goon.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 12:51:29 PM »
Sonko should run, or attempt to run as a test of democrazy.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 01:16:57 PM »
Sonko has not filed a petition on his eligibility as an impeachee - which indicates he doesn't intend to vie. Waiting to apply as independent candidate and run to court when IEBC decline - is poor strategy. Obviously he might do that but for sympathy votes not really to win. The sympathies and crocodile tears he will sell to Ruto for huge premium - that look like the real payoff now - to milk Ruto who is desperate to knick Nairobi.

Deep state of course will ask him to lie low - not back anyone- in exchange for freedom and continue blind eye to his open drug routes. Or else.

It basically who has more carrots vs sticks to offer :) - nothing remotely patriotic about the goon.
jesus how ignorant can one be...on legal matters.please study law 101

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »

jesus how ignorant can one be...on legal matters.please study law 101

Let do this: state your opinion on what will happen legally. Sonko is in court right now.

I have stated my opinion- put your benjamins where your mouth is.