Author Topic: Pesa mashinani and CORD's Okoa kenya to merge  (Read 3023 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Pesa mashinani and CORD's Okoa kenya to merge
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:49:05 AM »
More like IR to fold up his pesa mashinani and support Raila's Okoa....will be interesting to watch
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Pesa-Mashinani-Okoa-Kenya-Merger/-/1064/2483256/-/d6cucwz/-/index.html

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Pesa mashinani and CORD's Okoa kenya to merge
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
Looks like I was partially right?

When did pesa mashinani become URP or Kalenjin affair. I think everybody including cord want pesa mashinani.

What i will not support is panya routes like rotational presidency or unsubstantiated allegations against IEBC.

There can be NO DEAL to pass nonsense(rotational presidency) with sense (pesa mashinani). If LAND issue is addressed by CORD...we will vote for it on it's own merit.

There is really no need for an deal. if kenyans do not want pesa mashinani..let the money remain with UhuRuto.

That is democracy. Scotland voted NO and life goes on. Pesa Mashinani if defeated by TNA..life goes on until we have another referendum.

I can't see Pesa Mashinani going anywhere without a deal with CORD. TNA will fight it tooth and nail and make sure the Kikuyu dominated County Assemblies vote it down. Isaac will then have a few diehard URP Assemblies but not enough to beat TNA veto. He will need CORD to get the extra numbers.

I doubt that CORD will give for nothing. So Pundit better sign both OKOA and the one issue Pesa Mashinani because they will cut a deal to avoid humiliation by TNA
I believe OKOA Kenya and Pesa Mashinani will have to work together for all practical purposes because their can be only one referendum.  They do not have to merge though because that will make it partisan and reduce it once more to ouru v. raila round 2.  What they have to do is organize their campaign separately but essentially for the same outcome.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
Indeed you predicted this.Jubilee myopia will see Isaac packing his crusade in Okoa. As long as the questions or the bill are drafted in such a way each of distinct issues are voted independently this will work. If they are all lumped together in a way you have to simply choose Yes or No..then popular issue like pesa mashinani..can become divisive. 

Politically this is "crossing the red line by IR and brothers"...it certainly somewhere near the point of no return to Jubilee..and with that Jubilee..will lose..how many votes..that we will find out later.

Looks like I was partially right?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »
Its impossible to lump questions together. I think the key question will be:

A: Should every county get 45% of the National Revenue? (Yes or No). That is a foregone conclusion;
B:
C:

Now like they say, never let a crisis go to waste, CORD would want to attach some pork to ride on the coattails of the prime question. It is important not to overburden the ballot and not to include issues that would make it easy for TNA to fight the plebiscite.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 04:34:36 AM »
The forces against are too strong..  :D

More like IR to fold up his pesa mashinani and support Raila's Okoa....will be interesting to watch
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Pesa-Mashinani-Okoa-Kenya-Merger/-/1064/2483256/-/d6cucwz/-/index.html
And Life Goes On..