Author Topic: What Wrong Did Raila Do Mt Kenyans?  (Read 5281 times)

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
What Wrong Did Raila Do Mt Kenyans?
« on: March 01, 2021, 08:32:03 AM »
Simple Raila was played politically ,going against Kibaki was a major blunder and guess who gained out of all that Uhuru and Ruto.
But give it to him he realized a little bit too late and now Uhuru is shafting him left and right .it beats logic for Raila to support this BBI when he opposed Kilifi draft.
One thing Raila should do to change fortunes in Mt Kenya especially for the new generation is just to go and apologize , swallow his pride and tell Mt Kenyans there was a misunderstanding then and thats the magic , it will work wonders .Trying to play ujanja will be counterproductive.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: What Wrong Did Raila Do Mt Kenyans?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:56 AM »
He could do another Kibaki Tosha on gema candidate and go for minister of Kibra - and later PM.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 08:46:26 AM »
He pretends to have cards on option, what he doesnt know is that he is running out of options, a good example is that the Coast right now dont want him ,UDA will win big time in Kilifi, the last time I saw this kind of political behavior in the Coast was in 2002. Then I was with Uhuru , I wondered what is happening but I came to accept that Mijikenda would never accept another Kenyatta

He could do another Kibaki Tosha on gema candidate and go for minister of Kibra - and later PM.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 06:08:23 PM »
Raila did no wrong to mt. Kenya or anybody. GEMA robbed him election victory 2 times but as usual let's blame the victim.  Sometime i see some fools throw in 82 coup like that was a bad thing. Raila should wear that as badge of honor. Imagine if moi was thrown out in 82 where would this country be? Most like in the same league with Asian tigers.  I support Ruto no need to personalize kenya politics. You can support your guy without hating on Raila. Stick to the issue. Gema voted for Uhuruto are they better off than they were in kibaki years?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 06:21:06 PM »
I agree that Raila is more of a victim here.I disagree that Private Ochuka would have made a great president - nor would Raila or Jaramogi then. The coup was bad idea - military is almost always worse than a civilian dictator like Moi.

I believe Raila mishandled his betrayal. Look at Ruto now. Look at how Moi survived GEMA insults and even physical assaults for 12yrs.

Raila lacks the steel balls needed to become PORK and run a complex country like Kenya. He should take notes from Ruto. Ruto has been mistreated worse than even Kibaki did to Raila - yet Ruto has managed to continue almost unperturbed - because he knows if he rages like a bull - he will lose like Raila did.

If Raila had been more strategic and tactical he would be PORK. I believe Ruto and RV saw that it was hopeless to support someone like him - who is so naive and cannot even see two steps ahead of him. Sagana was the watershed moment for Ruto - he knew there and then - Raila was hopelessly naive after he came with stupid deal that had Kibaki basically not sharing gov.

Part of it is cultural - Luos need to be taught to be stoic - Kalenjin are trained to endure sufferings - during MTC - you are basically like Ruto or Moi being mistreated by GEMA - and there is nothing you can DO.  That stoic warrior culture make kalenjin the best endurance althetes - soldiers - and name it.

Ruto right now is basically going through initiation - and he will emerge stronger if he doesn't lose his cool. The same with Kalenjin people. They will keep their cool until 23rd of August - when it will be either celebration or hell will break lose. Gov or Deep State will try to provoke Kalenjin to war  so as to isolate Ruto- but the war they will not get now. Kalenjin know they will lose if they do it now.

Raila did no wrong to mt. Kenya or anybody. GEMA robbed him election victory 2 times but as usual let's blame the victim.  Sometime i see some fools throw in 82 coup like that was a bad thing. Raila should wear that as badge of honor. Imagine if moi was thrown out in 82 where would this country be? Most like in the same league with Asian tigers.  I support Ruto no need to personalize kenya politics. You can support your guy without hating on Raila. Stick to the issue. Gema voted for Uhuruto are they better off than they were in kibaki years?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 06:31:24 PM »

The crowds Ruto is getting in Mt. Kenya is yet to translate to votes.   RAO only need enough Kikuyus. The rest can go down with Ruto.

I agree that Raila is more of a victim here.I disagree that Private Ochuka would have made a great president - nor would Raila or Jaramogi then. The coup was bad idea - military is almost always worse than a civilian dictator like Moi.

I believe Raila mishandled his betrayal. Look at Ruto now. Look at how Moi survived GEMA insults and even physical assaults for 12yrs.

Raila lacks the steel balls needed to become PORK and run a complex country like Kenya. He should take notes from Ruto. Ruto has been mistreated worse than even Kibaki did to Raila - yet Ruto has managed to continue almost unperturbed - because he knows if he rages like a bull - he will lose like Raila did.

If Raila had been more strategic and tactical he would be PORK. I believe Ruto and RV saw that it was hopeless to support someone like him - who is so naive and cannot even see two steps ahead.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »
Update your tribal maths. Raila is only assured of Luo support in 4 counties and maybe Busia. The rest he been outed by Ruto. The entire Rift valley - Raila is scoring zero - turkana, maasai  - name it. Western - Raila is kaput - completely in Bukusuland - and now struggling in Kakamega - and maybe get little part of Vihiga.

Gussii/Kuria - Ruto is all over - but let's see Matiangi - the test tube politician,

Ruto is also the man to beat in Somali/Oromo/Pastoralist north.

Coast now is 50-50 - btw Raila and Ruto - and Raila lackeys like Joho/Kingi are trying to become own men.

Raila is KAPUT. GEMA love nothing more than hurt Raila...so hapo hiyo 15% ni ngori!!!!!!!

Let not even talk about Ukambani - totally lost it - because kalonzo this time round not playing ball. Ruto has bought Muthama.

As we speak Ruto is very competitive everywhere except 3 Luo counties - Siaya, Kisumu and Homabay - Migori Ruto has some play - and next maybe Vihiga/Kitui.

The crowds Ruto is getting in Mt. Kenya is yet to translate to votes.   RAO only need enough Kikuyus. The rest can go down with Ruto.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 06:56:03 PM »
For tribal kikuyu chauvinists, I give you one of your own, rage against machine and audio slave guitarist, one of the best guitarists in the world, studied at Harvard, made millions, form illnois like Obama, half black...his music is a little too much for the rungu wavers but he is worth the mention....

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 11:08:21 PM »
Your math is based on a fantacy.  BBI  passed 42 out of 47. I think you got this thing backwards bro.

Update your tribal maths. Raila is only assured of Luo support in 4 counties and maybe Busia. The rest he been outed by Ruto. The entire Rift valley - Raila is scoring zero - turkana, maasai  - name it. Western - Raila is kaput - completely in Bukusuland - and now struggling in Kakamega - and maybe get little part of Vihiga.

Gussii/Kuria - Ruto is all over - but let's see Matiangi - the test tube politician,

Ruto is also the man to beat in Somali/Oromo/Pastoralist north.

Coast now is 50-50 - btw Raila and Ruto - and Raila lackeys like Joho/Kingi are trying to become own men.

Raila is KAPUT. GEMA love nothing more than hurt Raila...so hapo hiyo 15% ni ngori!!!!!!!

Let not even talk about Ukambani - totally lost it - because kalonzo this time round not playing ball. Ruto has bought Muthama.

As we speak Ruto is very competitive everywhere except 3 Luo counties - Siaya, Kisumu and Homabay - Migori Ruto has some play - and next maybe Vihiga/Kitui.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 06:40:38 AM »
So BBI=Raila support :)
Your math is based on a fantacy.  BBI  passed 42 out of 47. I think you got this thing backwards bro.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 06:56:36 AM »
I am not sure how deep ruto support is in central but he does have  very vocal and passionate supporters among the poor and young voters. The danger ruto may run into is that the moderates and most older voters may see through the kalenjin strategy of trying to use central to get in back in power. Even now you will see that churches that are hosting ruto are not mainstream ones. Aicpa is  a small church and it has its support base among the poor mau mau offsprings. The churches that sway opinion in central are Catholic, CPK, PCEA, and AIC. Uhuru has catholic in his pocket as his family are longtime practicing catholics. Ruto need the civil society in central to go his way. He still does not have this group and without it he  wont keep his support.

Anyway it is still early in the game and we not know for sure how 2022 will,unfold until late this year.

For now ruto has  a sizeable support in central. It a scary thought that our politics is so messed up that ruto is about to become pork.  Politics is an emotional game and so far he has excited the anxious masses

We are back to Kalenjin lordship. It is going to be long decade for kenyans

It seems which ever way the kikuyu voter swings so does the  power. Very unfortunate. Kikuyu supremacy has really retarded kenya. I will our politics was not this tribal but it is what it is.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 07:14:14 AM »
Anyway it is still early in the game and we not know for sure how 2022 will,unfold until late this year.

Did you say too early? Tell that to WSR. He is one man who will NOT agree with that statement.The man started campaigning for Presidency immediately Jubilee begun their second term in 2017 affording a fake title - the frontrunner. Is that not the reason that Ouru gave for their falling out? When you comment on Kenyan politics try to remember you are dealing with a specific case. Don't generalize. Politics here doesn't work in a standard way. And for info, our politicians are always in campaign mode. If you ask me, that hard won freedom of assembly and association could have something to do with it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 08:15:47 AM »
Class warfare is on. Anybody in Mt Kenya seen to be supporting Uhuru will be seen as a dynasty -an homeguard - and will not get any votes. That is what killing the gema elites - church, business, politics. And when option is Raila - it's no brainer - where GEMA will go.

Once Ruto makes Kiunjuri or even Wahome the DPORK - it will be game over. The hustler revolution will be most pronounced in Mt kenya - I see near complete purge of GEMA elite by the MauMau son and daughters. It's been long coming - Ruto is completing the journey started post MauMau betrayal by Jomo Kenyatta. Uhuru kenyatta betrayal of community interest by re-starting dangerous wars with Kalenjin in name of BBI peace  has re-awaken the monster and made GEMA people realize these elites do not care about anything but personal interest.

Too early - What is Ruto supposed to be doing in intervene period? He is a politician 24-7. We are now about 1yr to election - and kenya is very expansive - if you do not start this early - it's likely you won't cover it all.

I am not sure how deep ruto support is in central but he does have  very vocal and passionate supporters among the poor and young voters. The danger ruto may run into is that the moderates and most older voters may see through the kalenjin strategy of trying to use central to get in back in power. Even now you will see that churches that are hosting ruto are not mainstream ones. Aicpa is  a small church and it has its support base among the poor mau mau offsprings. The churches that sway opinion in central are Catholic, CPK, PCEA, and AIC. Uhuru has catholic in his pocket as his family are longtime practicing catholics. Ruto need the civil society in central to go his way. He still does not have this group and without it he  wont keep his support.

For now ruto has  a sizeable support in central. It a scary thought that our politics is so messed up that ruto is about to become pork.  Politics is an emotional game and so far he has excited the anxious masses

It seems which ever way the kikuyu voter swings so does the  power. Very unfortunate. Kikuyu supremacy has really retarded kenya. I will our politics was not this tribal but it is what it is.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 09:14:02 AM »

Did you say too early? Tell that to WSR. He is one man who will NOT agree with that statement.The man started campaigning for Presidency immediately Jubilee begun their second term in 2017 affording a fake title - the frontrunner. Is that not the reason that Ouru gave for their falling out? When you comment on Kenyan politics try to remember you are dealing with a specific case. Don't generalize. Politics here doesn't work in a standard way. And for info, our politicians are always in campaign mode. If you ask me, that hard won freedom of assembly and association could have something to do with it.
Kajana 22 is not far but get  this right, Raira Odinya Ojinga will never see inside of state house only unless as a guest.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 02:54:09 PM »
Hatred, love and profiling are rarely easy to rationalize among humans. I have realized that with politics it is even worse.

Any politician supporter will hype/defend the strengths and water down/ turn a blind eye on the weaknesses when they are in support with one.

Raila GEMA supporters called Raila the hero with all desirable characteristics in 2001-2002; by 2003 he was the devil incarnate- coup, demolisher, economic saboteur, violent, foreskin, everything among the same gema elite and kina yahe- politicians, civil society, kids, landlords, tenants, file and rank.
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 11:09:21 PM »
Kajana 22 is not far but get  this right, Raira Odinya Ojinga will never see inside of state house only unless as a guest.

I understand Okuyu's beef with Raira because he fell out with their demigod - Jomo, but wtf are you Merus against Baba?
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 08:30:26 AM »

I understand Okuyu's beef with Raira because he fell out with their demigod - Jomo, but wtf are you Merus against Baba?
On first sight your question appears very innocent. Brother we Merus get that questions a gizzilion times. The answer is Simple 2007 you lumped Merus together with Kikuyus and didn't differentiate them during the chaos and violence merus were equally targeted as Kikuyus, Club Kimwa owner in Kisumu business was razed down, 2 Miraa dealers killed in homa bay because when raira paid a visit they refused to close their Miraa shops and mobs descended on them and lynched them. The standard newspaper is on record front page headline screaming "Merus will pay for stoning Raila in Chuka". There were many ODM supporters in Meru before that and Merus are not tribal only territorial, Merus can't harm a fly unless provoked and once you lose our trust you finished.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 08:53:35 AM »
Yet you'll hear that Luos didn't kill anybody when they are ones who started killing PNU alleged AP agents few days to election in 2007. They were pulling them from buses and kniving them.

On first sight your question appears very innocent. Brother we Merus get that questions a gizzilion times. The answer is Simple 2007 you lumped Merus together with Kikuyus and didn't differentiate them during the chaos and violence merus were equally targeted as Kikuyus, Club Kimwa owner in Kisumu business was razed down, 2 Miraa dealers killed in homa bay because when raira paid a visit they refused to close their Miraa shops and mobs descended on them and lynched them. The standard newspaper is on record front page headline screaming "Merus will pay for stoning Raila in Chuka". There were many ODM supporters in Meru before that and Merus are not tribal only territorial, Merus can't harm a fly unless provoked and once you lose our trust you finished.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »
Yet you'll hear that Luos didn't kill anybody when they are ones who started killing PNU alleged AP agents few days to election in 2007. They were pulling them from buses and kniving them.

Exactly and it's not lost PEV was started by them WAY BEFORE Rv blew up, by 5th Dec 2007 dozens of GEMA were either killed, maimed or lost all possessions in Nyanza and that was a full 3 weeks before election started. This makes me sick eti luos didn't kill anyone INFACT they started PEV. police didn't kill Luos for no reason then.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 09:01:57 AM »
Exactly. Kalenjin started on the day Kibaki was sworn - 3 days after election date or so. By then Luos had started weeks - and day after election - violence in Kisumu and Kibra was full blown - the police had filled the morgues. Kalenjin started immediately kibaki was sworn at dusk - first by blocking the roads leading to Nyanza - because the police were really massacring helpless Luos.

They had no form of war infrastructure that could even things - unlike the kalenjin who moved in - at dusk swearing and by the dawn - RV was no go zone - for the police- roads dug - trees felled - large trucks with containers used to block the roads- and the war theatre then moved to maize fields with PNU supporters.

Exactly and it's not lost PEV was started by them WAY BEFORE Rv blew up, by 5th Dec 2007 dozens of GEMA were either killed, maimed or lost all possessions in Nyanza and that was a full 3 weeks before election started. This makes me sick eti luos didn't kill anyone INFACT they started PEV. police didn't kill Luos for no reason then.