Author Topic: What does the law say about land rights ?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
What does the law say about land rights ?
« on: February 03, 2021, 06:10:40 AM »
cujus est solum ejus est usque ad coelum et ad infernos (rights in the soil extend to heaven and hell). If ever I represent a victim of sexual harassment, I'm inspired by this Latin maxim to rattle the counsel for the predator with Ariana: when all is said and done, you'll believe God is a woman.

Offline Wa Njambi

• Mega superstar
Re: What does the law say about land rights ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 08:23:17 AM »
Veritas, is everything ok  :) are you sliding into heresy. An interesting subject! I was amused one time attending a liberal church in Berkeley CA where the Lord's prayer started something like...Our Mother and Father who art in heaven...

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »
I'm PISSED !! I found a gorgeous apartment, lovely views of the city skyline etc. the perfect investment property and this mf other buyer, him/his fking wank got the deposit in before me. I'd spent months looking for another investment property to have it shattered by a p3nius calling it his dream home. What wank job would call a 2 bedder unit his dream home. He ruined my dreams of owning a fifth forever investment property, so YES, I'm pissed. Not all is lost though, this incident will go into my war chest of litigating the heaven and hell out of sexual predators like this c@nt who's probably some sweet guy but nevertheless shattered my dreams so is a heartless predator.

CA is a sh!thole, please get out of there !

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 04:50:05 AM »
I'm PISSED !! I found a gorgeous apartment, lovely views of the city skyline etc. the perfect investment property and this mf other buyer, him/his fking wank got the deposit in before me. I'd spent months looking for another investment property to have it shattered by a p3nius calling it his dream home. What wank job would call a 2 bedder unit his dream home. He ruined my dreams of owning a fifth forever investment property, so YES, I'm pissed. Not all is lost though, this incident will go into my war chest of litigating the heaven and hell out of sexual predators like this c@nt who's probably some sweet guy but nevertheless shattered my dreams so is a heartless predator.

It is folks like you that are making CA unlivable for the average folk. I'm glad he/she picked up the property before you assuming they will reside it as their primary home. China actually bans people from owning more than two properties for a reason. As Gandhi said, there is enough in this world for everyone's need but not for everyone's greed. Speculators that hold on to properties in the hopes of profiteering are scum of the earth, land hoarding is akin to usury. Real estate is a prime example form of rent seeking, you do nothing productive to earn those profits. Farmers produce food, mechanics fix things, what does a bugger who owns land and property add to society? Nothing. We shouldn't allow the 1% and their ilk to hoard the world's land. The solution is Georgism.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 05:09:49 AM »
It's a lot more complicated than that.

There's a wait list of homeless Uni students because investors aren't investing. I've had agents begging me to buy property so these students aren't living on the streets.

The rental wait list averages 30 students. For every property I invest in, I lose money to maintain the property - council, strata fees, water bill etc. I could use that money to open a charity, purchase art, cars etc. but I don't. I've had 10 Uni students living in my unit, safe and not on the streets.

I don't have the luxury to quote Ghandi holier than thou because I'm too busy being that scum that provides the Ghandis of this world a platform to preach.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 07:51:41 AM »
It's a lot more complicated than that.

There's a wait list of homeless Uni students because investors aren't investing. I've had agents begging me to buy property so these students aren't living on the streets.

The rental wait list averages 30 students. For every property I invest in, I lose money to maintain the property - council, strata fees, water bill etc. I could use that money to open a charity, purchase art, cars etc. but I don't. I've had 10 Uni students living in my unit, safe and not on the streets.

I don't have the luxury to quote Ghandi holier than thou because I'm too busy being that scum that provides the Ghandis of this world a platform to preach.

Ok Aynd Rand!

I thought you were in Australia last year.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 04:33:43 PM »
Ever since Oloo passed Veritas has been mental wreck, behaving erratically, etc. Typical behavior of a person who has lost a buddy.... Trying to replace Oloo is harder than thought.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 05:07:18 PM »
Partially agree. Real estate should be formalized - and gov should play a leading role - in providing cheap mass social housing. It's basic need. Private sector should step in - with long term goals - like pension funds or life insurances.

It should be NOT be business - except some segment - maybe commercial real estate for office/malls - and one way to discourage property speculation - is very high property taxes.

That way people can engage in real productive business.

It is folks like you that are making CA unlivable for the average folk. I'm glad he/she picked up the property before you assuming they will reside it as their primary home. China actually bans people from owning more than two properties for a reason. As Gandhi said, there is enough in this world for everyone's need but not for everyone's greed. Speculators that hold on to properties in the hopes of profiteering are scum of the earth, land hoarding is akin to usury. Real estate is a prime example form of rent seeking, you do nothing productive to earn those profits. Farmers produce food, mechanics fix things, what does a bugger who owns land and property add to society? Nothing. We shouldn't allow the 1% and their ilk to hoard the world's land. The solution is Georgism.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 02:06:33 PM »
Guys, I take everything back about that guy. The guy didn't exist apparently... if someone made him dissappear I don't know what to say.

All I know is when I lost that property I got on my knees and prayed furiously. If it's His will and not meant to be for me, I humbly accept.

I got a shock to find out the guy dissappeared.

Congrats to me, it's now mine.

Thank-you beautiful people for all your support.  :*

You're all invited to my house if visiting Sydney, Oz.  8)

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 05:51:40 PM »
:wtf: Veritas, your language??  :o

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 12:14:32 PM »
Veritas  why can't we tweet these posts?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »
Sorry Audi, I'll watch my language.

Hey Omollo, thanks for letting me know, I'll endeavour to install a tweet widget.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 06:52:24 PM »
You need posts here tweeted so you increase your traffic. I hope that will help offset the costs of running the site. I know it can be a nuisance cost.

Just incase you reach a point you want to hang your high heels do let us know in advance. We need these sites.
Sorry Audi, I'll watch my language.

Hey Omollo, thanks for letting me know, I'll endeavour to install a tweet widget.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread