Author Topic: The ban on political Rallies is overdue  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
The ban on political Rallies is overdue
« on: October 07, 2020, 04:38:38 PM »
I am glad Ouru is finally doing the right think to stop this madness of plunging the country into a campaign mode.  Democracy only works to delver development if the actors act in good faith.  Jubilee is supposed to be the ruling party to deliver development and yet its divided with the president leading one faction of the party and his deputy campaigning for the presidency as if the elections were next month.  In the end its the public who suffers. Ouru should use his executive powers to shut down political rallies unless there is something to vote for within two to three months.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: The ban on political Rallies is overdue
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 05:09:23 PM »
Precisely

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 05:19:00 PM »
So when Raila was doing campaigns in the name of BBI /Handshake it was okei.

Uhuru with advice from Murathe Nzoika and Njee got their way during the pandemic and thought by purging Ruto supporters they had managed to clip Rutos wings.

Political crises are not solved using divisory tactics , not solved using police or Intelligence agencies.

Uhuru should look back and see how he managed to bring the country together back in 2013.

BBI is not solution to Kenyan problems, as long as he is pushing for BBI he should expect opposition from certain quarters this is including some of his party members. This is because he went  for the handshake negotiations alone ,no one knows what he negotiated for.

Ruto should continue with the hustler movement. Raila can continue with his BBI campaigns and Uhuru can continue with his i terdenominations prayers.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »
Kichwa supporting a ban on political gatherings is a first.  But then again this is 2020.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »
Next they will demand Uhuru to hand over to military rather than Ruto.
Kichwa supporting a ban on political gatherings is a first.  But then again this is 2020.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 06:39:21 PM »
What is a political rally? Maybe you mean ban all public gatherings. Otherwise people will meet in churches, schools, roads and there is nothing you can do. Heck they will meet virtually :) in facebook.

Please get used to democracy.

I am glad Ouru is finally doing the right think to stop this madness of plunging the country into a campaign mode.  Democracy only works to delver development if the actors act in good faith.  Jubilee is supposed to be the ruling party to deliver development and yet its divided with the president leading one faction of the party and his deputy campaigning for the presidency as if the elections were next month.  In the end its the public who suffers. Ouru should use his executive powers to shut down political rallies unless there is something to vote for within two to three months.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 09:25:42 PM »

Exactly, this is corona 2020 and these political gatherings are a super spreader events.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 09:28:00 PM »
Actually that would be a better deal. Imagine if the guy who stole so much became the president.  Nairobi seems to be doing better under the military dude than under Sonko.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 09:51:49 PM »
Were any people lynched during BBI rallies?

Exactly, this is corona 2020 and these political gatherings are a super spreader events.

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 10:38:43 PM »
Odmorons true colours are known that is why Raila will never make it coz anything goes

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 10:40:26 PM »

We know the losers are using violence and state machinery to try stay afloat as Ruto insane popularity continues...

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 11:10:51 PM »
who cares if Ruto is popular. If popularity won anybody the presidency. Rao would have done his 10 years a long time ago. 

We know the losers are using violence and state machinery to try stay afloat as Ruto insane popularity continues...

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 11:18:30 PM »
He had no arrows in his quiver. But RVs got him PM with some spare arrows, don't you agree. You guys have become so embittered and cynical, you're willing to sink kenya. Please accept - Raila will never be PORK - and baring some disaster - Ruto is SLEEPWALKING to PORK.

The dynasties have no hope against hustlers.

They have tried to use gov institutions to fight hustlers and have failed.

Now they are going to use Mungiki and illegals gangs - and they will still fail - because residents dispatched two of those poor hired hustlers to their maker. You cannot fight hustlers :)

Rigging loopholes were long sealed. Ruto has to just concentrate on winning votes.

who cares if Ruto is popular. If popularity won anybody the presidency. Rao would have done his 10 years a long time ago.