Author Topic: Parliament should just meet and pass the gender bill immediately  (Read 2549 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
That is only cure.

Whatever the formulae - find a way to get 1/3 of women into parliament.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Parliament should just meet and pass the gender bill immediately
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 11:12:09 PM »
That is only cure.

Whatever the formulae - find a way to get 1/3 of women into parliament.

This cannot stop the JC recommendation..it is over for mupigs

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 11:36:02 PM »
Are there other surprises hidden in the Constitution?
Who will have the last revisit?  :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:38:47 PM »
This has to be blamed on impunity mps thought they could get away with this. It has come back to haunt them big time

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 12:18:35 AM »
This has to be blamed on impunity mps thought they could get away with this. It has come back to haunt them big time

Both Mps and execitive and the way they handled Migunas issue expect them to ignore this also. If they try going to courts they will be given a timeline. Uhuru has no timeline to implement Maragas advice

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 12:46:43 AM »

Both Mps and execitive and the way they handled Migunas issue expect them to ignore this also. If they try going to courts they will be given a timeline. Uhuru has no timeline to implement Maragas advice
He has 21 days or laws passed by parliament will be illegal.mmeaning bbi and all that nonsense have to throufh referendum .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 01:02:49 AM »
Anything they do now has a cloud of illegality but I think they can act fast - meet tomorrow - and pass a gender bill. That will render Maraga advice moot.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »
They will get it through just like senate after Oparanya shut down memo. Mwafrika elites only worry about losing their positions. Despite the posturing by Muturi they are scared stiff and will crack their brains to have some thread to hang on to.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 03:24:36 PM »
Yes likely they will pass something however vague...like throw the can to political parties. That is their only salvation. The are rushing to court to say they have something cooking.
They will get it through just like senate after Oparanya shut down memo. Mwafrika elites only worry about losing their positions. Despite the posturing by Muturi they are scared stiff and will crack their brains to have some thread to hang on to.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 03:36:17 PM »
Is there a democratic way to implement this rule?  I doubt it.  The constitution tried to do too much I think in retrospect.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 03:38:18 PM »
Nope. The constitution say 290 - are free for all - and so what is left is 47 women only mps plus nominated. That is about 60 - and yet we need 55 more.

One solution is to find out why women don't win - and address that.

Maybe form a Women Election Board - whose mandate is to finance women candidates, register as many, protect women, educate women on need to stand for seats, etc. Their target to ensure they get 55Mps. So maybe after primary nomination - they will conduct some assessment - and fund those women candidates political affairs - to even the field.

Also require all party lists should have 1/3 women - although they will fill women from areas that have no chance.

Only hope is to give women some push - in financing, media, facilitation, and even running their campaigns

Also remove nomination fees for all women candidates - both in parties and by IEBC.

Is there a democratic way to implement this rule?  I doubt it.  The constitution tried to do too much I think in retrospect.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »

What is democracy? Yes there is a democratic way to enforce this.