Author Topic: Pundit, Kalenjins are very poor  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Pundit, Kalenjins are very poor
« on: September 19, 2020, 07:12:16 PM »
I just saw a clip in citizen tv about a  farm hand killing his employer and everytime there are news stories from deep kalenjin land the images are depressing, over population crumbling mud huts etc. You guys honestly are behind us 20+years i don't know why you say kalenjin and GEMA economicaly are same level... Nop

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit, Kalenjins are very poor
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »
I could say the same if I was shown the image of deep tharaka nithi - that still is being fed by WFP like Baringo. My uncle told me Meru North - sijui ni wapi huko is very poor.
There are parts of rv doing badly - there are those doing well.
Like our part - is pretty decent in my view.
I just saw a clip in citizen tv about a  farm hand killing his employer and everytime there are news stories from deep kalenjin land the images are depressing, over population crumbling mud huts etc. You guys honestly are behind us 20+years i don't know why you say kalenjin and GEMA economicaly are same level... Nop

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »
I could say the same if I was shown the image of deep tharaka nithi - that still is being fed by WFP like Baringo. My uncle told me Meru North - sijui ni wapi huko is very poor.
There are parts of rv doing badly - there are those doing well.
Like our part - is pretty decent in my view.
Pundit problem with you ni kuwa mjuaji. Whenever rural kalenjin land appears on tv what i see is absolutely destitute people, I haven't seen anything else, for example innour rural areas seeing mud huts is almost non existence but kalenjin seem to be the norm. Anyway my own analysis on state of rural areas well being in kenya is as follows  out of a score of 10 being the most well off.
1. Ameru 7
2. Kikuyu 5
3. Embu  5
4. kisii 4
5.Kalenjin 3
6.Kamba 2
7. Luo 2
8.Luhya 2

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »
With prevailing nasty poverty and, apathy in urban slums and rural villages across this is not surprising. A look at a few do gooders facebook pages or Tv stories of rescue, you get a feel of how poverty has turned people into animals if not worse. Or a video of a woman giving birth outside Pumwani. These highlighted killings just confuse the conscience of a few who posture of big buildings in upperhill, expressway, SGR.

The frustrated young boys have become toxic. In urban slums they are dropped like flies in Kayole, Dandora, Githurai, Mathare and all these slums; in the villages they square it out with parents, wives, sibbling or own kids before they are lynched!
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 11:33:21 AM »
If Meru=Kiraitu's Imenti - then you're right. But if you're talking most of rest of Meru - Tharaka - Igembe-Tigania - then I doubt.
Pundit problem with you ni kuwa mjuaji. Whenever rural kalenjin land appears on tv what i see is absolutely destitute people, I haven't seen anything else, for example innour rural areas seeing mud huts is almost non existence but kalenjin seem to be the norm. Anyway my own analysis on state of rural areas well being in kenya is as follows  out of a score of 10 being the most well off.
1. Ameru 7
2. Kikuyu 5
3. Embu  5
4. kisii 4
5.Kalenjin 3
6.Kamba 2
7. Luo 2
8.Luhya 2

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 12:53:23 PM »
If Meru=Kiraitu's Imenti - then you're right. But if you're talking most of rest of Meru - Tharaka - Igembe-Tigania - then I doubt.
1. Ameru 7
2. Kikuyu 5
3. Embu  5
4. kisii 4
5.Kalenjin 3
6.Kamba 2
7. Luo 2
8.Luhya 2
Pundit denial won't help by quoting your uncle who is traumatized by events in Meru north :D seriously Kalenjin need to take family planning seriously you cant raise another generation surving on 1/8 acre you wil end up the poorest in Kenya by 2040

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »
That actually is true, esp Kipsigis. They need to stop. Already land is becoming 1 acre max. It's pretty serious.
Pundit denial won't help by quoting your uncle who is traumatized by events in Meru north :D seriously Kalenjin need to take family planning seriously you cant raise another generation surving on 1/8 acre you wil end up the poorest in Kenya by 2040