Author Topic: Railas ODM Unable To Impeach Migoris Obado In their Own Stronghold  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
As a measure of strength Raila wanted to Impeach Governor Obado , to send panic signal and warning shots to Governors and rally them to support BBI and two as a stategy they are gonna use  for seamless sailing of BBI Bill invoking a referendum .

However ODM has been unable on two occasions even to have a sitting . What makes ODM think its going to be easy in the counties with a Planned referendum in Mar 2021

https://www.the-star.co.ke/counties/nyanza/2020-09-09-obado-impeachment-migori-speaker-again-adjourns-sitting-says-life-in-danger/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Railas ODM Unable To Impeach Migoris Obado In their Own Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »
They are trying to show "zero tolerance" to corruption to clean up their KEMSA brand.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:55:36 PM »
ODM is setting precedence and showing howto handle the bill when it comes to counties assemblies . Of course some counties will be divided to the middle in those counties we ave learnt the importance of a speaker .Achieving 24 Conties to ratify the bill wont be  a walk in the park . Interesting times ahead

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 01:29:34 PM »
Obado has always been my favorite Governor, scandals aside I love the guy. Second favorite was maziwa of muranga and mutua of masaku.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 07:10:03 PM »
Obado hakutuma Mpesa kwa harambee ya Ida Odinga. sasa kwisa tuma na ya kutoa  8) 8) 8)
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 04:00:46 PM »
Says more about you than Obado.  Obado is a thief and a murderer who has both cases pending in court. That is what Ruto's stolen money has done to Migori. I hope not another Ruto sponsored thug will be elected in Migori ever again.

Obado has always been my favorite Governor, scandals aside I love the guy. Second favorite was maziwa of muranga and mutua of masaku.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 05:08:05 PM »
Migori political thuggery predates Ruto.It probably planted by Raila. Now odm are on receiving end because obado is bigger thug.Kinda like kisumu battles of 90 by ogili of Kanu

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 01:29:39 PM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/migori/obado-supporters-storm-migori-assembly-mcas-2308776

Obado supporters storm Migori Assembly in morning drama
The Migori Assembly was a chaotic scene on Wednesday after MCAs allied to Governor Okoth Obado stormed the morning sitting and ejected North Kanyamkago MCA George Omamba from the Speaker’s seat amid growing tension ahead of an anticipated impeachment bid against the county boss.

Mr Omamba was in January ousted from the position of Deputy Speaker over “gross indiscipline and arrogance” after he questioned financial dealings at the assembly and the executive.

On Monday, he had moved to court and obtained an order reinstating him to the seat.

Wednesday’s morning session was running smoothly before five MCAs stormed the proceedings in protest, throwing out Mr Omamba and carting away the Speaker’s chair while accusing him of insubordination.

“You cannot take over the Speaker’s role. We are the same people who shoved you out due to your arrogance and we have not given nod. Leave that seat or we forcefully eject you,” shouted Mr Akungo before snatching the Speaker’s chair away.

Nominated MCA Mary Ogodo sustained a broken arm during the scuffle that followed and was rushed to St Jospeph Ombo Mission Hospital.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
Would such a misbehaving governor be tolerated in Meru? I thought the Merus are more honest and have no love for public looters and murderers.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 06:40:29 AM »
Migori political violence and thuggery has been tops. Someone was telling me the collapse of the fishing industry in the 90s really messed up the residents and turning to bhang from TZ they are just looking for any blood sport. They even threw shoes at Uhuru in 2014. Obado been doing a good social rehabilitation job since 2013.

Raila is happy to ressurect the thuggery as he attempts to clip any possible strong Ruto allies in a battleground counties such as Migori.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 08:04:31 AM »
Yes, remember a luo friend telling me the same in 2015, that Migori politics is not for the faint hearted. Kurias are pretty aggressive too.

Raila as he enjoyed fake BBI bliss is loosing ground - so expect lost of violence - as he tries to defend his last bastion - Luo Nyanza.

When Uhuru finally dumps him - it will be over for him - even amongst his people.

Migori political violence and thuggery has been tops. Someone was telling me the collapse of the fishing industry in the 90s really messed up the residents and turning to bhang from TZ they are just looking for any blood sport. They even threw shoes at Uhuru in 2014. Obado been doing a good social rehabilitation job since 2013.

Raila is happy to ressurect the thuggery as he attempts to clip any possible strong Ruto allies in a battleground counties such as Migori.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 08:13:37 AM »
There is much outsiders can say about Migori. Elections are approaching and one of the shadow boxing proxies is known to be a wallet opener. What we are witnessing may first be a positioning for the wallet to be opened, then a political duel second.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244