Author Topic: PK emerges as favorite Uhuru successor  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
PK emerges as favorite Uhuru successor
« on: July 10, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
as MK emerge as a spoiler from Nyeri that already served with Kiambu.

Although Mr Murungi said the meeting was to congratulate Mr Kimunya on his latest appointment, the Nation has established that Mt Kenya political deliberations also took centre-stage.

The presence of Mr Kenneth, who is not in the government, was also not lost on observers.

Observers say he could be the heir apparent for President Kenyatta’s mantle as the face of Central Kenya politics and thus, a potential running mate in the 2022 General Election.

Some say he could also run for the seat. Political analyst Beautah Omanga believes Mr Kenneth is an astute leader who is “tested and proven”.

“He has an impressive track record and is easygoing enough to attract support from Mt Kenya and beyond,” Mr Omanga said.

“Bear in mind that he is the only unelected leader who attracts the attention of elected leaders. If Uhuru gives him any kind of support, he will easily carry the electorate to whichever side he supports come 2022.”

The ongoing political activities around Mr Kenneth come in the wake of a declaration by Jubilee vice-chairman and the President’s right-hand man David Murathe that Kenyans should not buy into the political lie that Central Kenya cannot produce another candidate in the coming election.

Asked whether Mr Kenneth is one of those likely candidates, he said: “He is ideal, why not him? But first things first: We first pursue development and we shall revisit.”

https://www.nation.co.ke/kenya/news/politics/mt-kenya-politicians-jostle-kingpin-tag--1448060
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
Re: PK emerges as favorite Uhuru successor
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »
I said this two years ago,but as usual pundit dismissed,even with these developments,he is still in denial and thinks Ruto has kikuyus by the balls.

Offline Wa Njambi

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »
Robina, That's a Place Holder. He can take that position for now, if ever it existed. At the least, as long as it exist, it is not Kimunya and not Kuria Moses. I had offered my name too and Wazees told me to shut up. Peter Kenneth???

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »
Robina, That's a Place Holder. He can take that position for now, if ever it existed. At the least, as long as it exist, it is not Kimunya and not Kuria Moses. I had offered my name too and Wazees told me to shut up. Peter Kenneth???

Yes - you can google it. Kiraitus and big kahunas are kowtowing to him already.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 05:00:43 PM »
I said this two years ago,but as usual pundit dismissed,even with these developments,he is still in denial and thinks Ruto has kikuyus by the balls.

PK is sellable if GEMA want to partner with Raila or even take a stab they will front him.Not Kabogo, Wa Iria, MK and other Pundit favorites.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »

Anybody who will go against Ruto in Mt Kenya and more be on Railas side is dead on arrival.
Pter Keneth tried that in 2013 and was fronted by the likes of Raila supportes as Mt Kenya as a spoiler he ended up losing even to Raila in Gatanga. He tried the same thing in 2017 elections and was floored by Sonko in Nairobi Governor elections.
First he has no mass apeall .secondly he is an outsider Muzungu and thirdly he lacks the finances . Continue with it was all a dream

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 05:10:45 PM »

Yes - you can google it. Kiraitus and big kahunas are kowtowing to him already.

Actually they were there to congratulate Kimunya. As it stands now Kimunya is the top most heirechy wise Mt Kenya Politician.
We already know how Kimunya perceives Raila and ODM no love lost.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 05:21:43 PM »

PK is sellable if GEMA want to partner with Raila or even take a stab they will front him.Not Kabogo, Wa Iria, MK and other Pundit favorites.

You cant even compare Kenneth to Kiunjuri, Prior to becoming a CS Kiunjuri had been Mp for 15 Years compared to Keneth 10 years.
The best Keneth made it was an assistant Minister , Kiunjuri was CS in UK Govnmt in several Ministries.
PK became an MP in Gatanga simply because he was in the right party at the right time.
In 2002 there was a district known as Thika , Gatanga was hived off Muranga and donated to Thika. With the rest of Divisions being from Kiambu. When Moi chose Uhuru all Kiambu politicians shifted to KANU including the drink buddy of Uhuru David Murathe, Gatangans being from larger Muranga soathed Moi and hence voted for everything NARC and thats how PK made it to parliament . The rest of Thika constituencies apart from Juja went to KANU.
Come 2007 he was lucky to be in PNU and by then KANU was not a force to reckon and nobody from Mt Kenya wanted any association with ODM.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Not Raila anymore :)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 05:48:51 PM »
It appears ODM will endorse Gatheca choice for Pork and settle for crumps,I told you baba is CS for roads 2022. The mentality with ODM Is just anyone else but not Ruto. When the hard bargains start that's when you will set a cat amongst the pigeons.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »
Raila is not delusional like Ruto trying to usurp a foreign base. Raila has done that successfully in Luhya, Gusii, Mijikenda, Turkana, NFD. Those areas have no serious leaders of their own. Ruto wants to take a first stab by going against incumbent PORK - that delusional strategy - swimming upstream.

Raila pulled Trojan now Mt Kenya will back him easy-peasy through Uhuru stooge.

Not Raila anymore :)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 08:15:14 PM »
It appears ODM will endorse Gatheca choice for Pork and settle for crumps,I told you baba is CS for roads 2022. The mentality with ODM Is just anyone else but not Ruto. When the hard bargains start that's when you will set a cat amongst the pigeons.

You wish. PK is Uhuru stooge - watch him get big CS post on a silver platter- and take credit for all roads and infra in the region. Being a softie makes him a great stooge. Lying low is wisdom - the MK you praise went akata on PORK - accusing him of betraying a Kalenjin alien. Now every goat herder knows he is Ruto stooge.

Baba of course will just deal with Uhuru - not entangle himself in internal GEMA issues like Ruto. It clear as broad daylight who Uhuru wants to succeed him.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 02:28:21 AM »
In 2002 Kenneth beat Murathe Kenyatta's fixer for the Gatanga seat, and you want to believe Murathe would have time for him. Likely that Kenyattas won't be cooked in same pot with likes of PK and Karua for the ICC 2013 angling. These suckers are unforgiving unlike what handchieth is making some naives believe.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
In 2002 Kenneth beat Murathe Kenyatta's fixer for the Gatanga seat, and you want to believe Murathe would have time for him. Likely that Kenyattas won't be cooked in same pot with likes of PK and Karua for the ICC 2013 angling. These suckers are unforgiving unlike what handchieth is making some naives believe.

You think the calculation is about a petty item like 2002 contest? :o Even the Pundit story about PK running 2013 against UK doesn't wash. Those are trivial irrelevancies. He is a better brand than the crop of Wa Iria, MK, Kindiki, Munya, Waiguru. They have unlikeable, wrong county, unpopular, unsellable traits. Pick tick all boxes - Ran for PORK, Cosmopolitan,
CDF track record, Clean as snow.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 08:39:21 AM »
Pk is as dirty has any of the dirt.Start from Kenya reinsurance

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 03:44:28 PM »

You think the calculation is about a petty item like 2002 contest? :o Even the Pundit story about PK running 2013 against UK doesn't wash. Those are trivial irrelevancies. He is a better brand than the crop of Wa Iria, MK, Kindiki, Munya, Waiguru. They have unlikeable, wrong county, unpopular, unsellable traits. Pick tick all boxes - Ran for PORK, Cosmopolitan,

PK got 50k votes in Presidential elections,  the so called CDF track was a myth creation of the media, Clean as snow ? Dont make us laugh. 

Offline Mfangano

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »
PETER KENNETH: THE DIM STAR WHICH ALWAYS SHINES!

You always heard of him, even when he is a nobody. For lack of a better cognitive word, I will call it star-quality.

Peter Kenneth is a name which is easily dropped when people discuss succession politics Kenya, be it merely for the Nairobi gubernatorial seat. In fact in 2013 he had two offered on a plate, home county Murang'a or Nairobi? ----Note I said 'merely' for Nairobi county's top political seat. For others, say like Evans Kidero, governor of Nairobi county is the summit. For Peter Kenneth, it was understood and  instinctively recognized by all, that Nairobi county would be but a stepping stone to greater heights.

The mistake PK made was of course to delude himself he could walk on water, that is win the presidency straight in 2013 without picking a few dangerous scars in the bloody fields of Kenyan politics. But he was young enough to be allowed such run-away adolescent fantasies. Being beaten by Sonko's populism even as he had the bureaucratic support of the establishment, was a sledge-hammer lesson in the limitations of backroom machinations. Kenneth has since beaten even Mwai Kibaki's record on no comment.

Kenneth Matiba once said there is no fence Mwai Kibaki saw he didn't sit on. Angered a few years later, Matiba upgraded the earlier appraisal of Mwai to General Coward. Kibaki who had declared one couldn't cut down a Mugumo with a razor blade, was now himself running against KANU! (As the DP front man).

Of course Kibaki was persuaded by Established Gikuyu capital ---(organised in groups like the movers of the chequered if legendary Transcentury)---- he was the right man to take care of the business at hand. Specifically it was Njenga Karume who put a knife to his throat to run. (For knife to throat you can also read put his money where his mouth was: funded the DP party).

I have never known, nor heard of any opinion PK held. Neither have I known nor heard of anybody PK riled enough to remember it the next day. That now, in confrontational but stalemated situation as we now venture, is the perfect personification of the natural compromise candidate. He is anything to anybody. He's Muslim voter friendly; he is Christian voter puller; he is muthungu, he is African he is muindi; he is Kikuyu but antagonises neither Luhya nor Luo, Kalenjin nor Giriama. He does not elicit much passion from any sector, but there is a hint of technical competence in him which turns the odds of rational calculations, both self and national interest, in his favour.

That is the star quality of Peter Kenneth for this historical moment. That is why he is essentially a political nobody, but if he makes an appearance anywhere where there are bigger wigs, he is the topic of town.

I remember there was a time PK attended a meeting with DP William Ruto. Ruto  invited him to speak. Up went the buzz. If Ruto's choice for running mate were to come from Mount Kenya, it was as much as settled ----if PK wasn't going to be his silly young self and go it alone once again.

Mount Kenya needs a man to take care of the business. But a man who is an easy compromise candidate in charged Kenya. A seemingly weak man but who, behind the scenes, can be fortified by bureaucratic aces and samurai cogs with a historical memory of the wield of state power. ---Kenyatta, Kibaki, Kenyatta.

The only question churning the stomach of mount Kenya is this: William Ruto, like in those ancient Shogun and Daimyo power games of Japan, has hostages to bring to a parley or dispatch of in the proven methods. Is Gideon Moi in, enough appeasement to save the Gikuyu Diaspora in the Rift?

No, it is not that established Gikuyu capital has a care for the Gikuyu Diaspora in the Rift, it is just that the ensuing chaos could cost them their estates, an internal overthrow. So it is self survival at work.

PK is the nobody everybody knows is somebody. Now it is upon PK to know who he really is, and let himself emerge. But the carpets are already dusted, waiting to be rolled out for him. If he dares be himself.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 09:19:25 PM »

PK got 50k votes in Presidential elections,  the so called CDF track was a myth creation of the media, Clean as snow ? Dont make us laugh.

He was running against Uhuru .. now he has Uhuru backing. Don't be pedestrian.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »

You always heard of him, even when he is a nobody. For lack of a better cognitive word, I will call it star-quality.

Peter Kenneth is a name which is easily dropped when people discuss succession politics Kenya, be it merely for the Nairobi gubernatorial seat. In fact in 2013 he had two offered on a plate, home county Murang'a or Nairobi? ----Note I said 'merely' for Nairobi county's top political seat. For others, say like Evans Kidero, governor of Nairobi county is the summit. For Peter Kenneth, it was understood and  instinctively recognized by all, that Nairobi county would be but a stepping stone to greater heights.

The mistake PK made was of course to delude himself he could walk on water, that is win the presidency straight in 2013 without picking a few dangerous scars in the bloody fields of Kenyan politics. But he was young enough to be allowed such run-away adolescent fantasies. Being beaten by Sonko's populism even as he had the bureaucratic support of the establishment, was a sledge-hammer lesson in the limitations of backroom machinations. Kenneth has since beaten even Mwai Kibaki's record on no comment.

Kenneth Matiba once said there is no fence Mwai Kibaki saw he didn't sit on. Angered a few years later, Matiba upgraded the earlier appraisal of Mwai to General Coward. Kibaki who had declared one couldn't cut down a Mugumo with a razor blade, was now himself running against KANU! (As the DP front man).

Of course Kibaki was persuaded by Established Gikuyu capital ---(organised in groups like the movers of the chequered if legendary Transcentury)---- he was the right man to take care of the business at hand. Specifically it was Njenga Karume who put a knife to his throat to run. (For knife to throat you can also read put his money where his mouth was: funded the DP party).

I have never known, nor heard of any opinion PK held. Neither have I known nor heard of anybody PK riled enough to remember it the next day. That now, in confrontational but stalemated situation as we now venture, is the perfect personification of the natural compromise candidate. He is anything to anybody. He's Muslim voter friendly; he is Christian voter puller; he is muthungu, he is African he is muindi; he is Kikuyu but antagonises neither Luhya nor Luo, Kalenjin nor Giriama. He does not elicit much passion from any sector, but there is a hint of technical competence in him which turns the odds of rational calculations, both self and national interest, in his favour.

That is the star quality of Peter Kenneth for this historical moment. That is why he is essentially a political nobody, but if he makes an appearance anywhere where there are bigger wigs, he is the topic of town.

I remember there was a time PK attended a meeting with DP William Ruto. Ruto  invited him to speak. Up went the buzz. If Ruto's choice for running mate were to come from Mount Kenya, it was as much as settled ----if PK wasn't going to be his silly young self and go it alone once again.

Mount Kenya needs a man to take care of the business. But a man who is an easy compromise candidate in charged Kenya. A seemingly weak man but who, behind the scenes, can be fortified by bureaucratic aces and samurai cogs with a historical memory of the wield of state power. ---Kenyatta, Kibaki, Kenyatta.

The only question churning the stomach of mount Kenya is this: William Ruto, like in those ancient Shogun and Daimyo power games of Japan, has hostages to bring to a parley or dispatch of in the proven methods. Is Gideon Moi in, enough appeasement to save the Gikuyu Diaspora in the Rift?

No, it is not that established Gikuyu capital has a care for the Gikuyu Diaspora in the Rift, it is just that the ensuing chaos could cost them their estates, an internal overthrow. So it is self survival at work.

PK is the nobody everybody knows is somebody. Now it is upon PK to know who he really is, and let himself emerge. But the carpets are already dusted, waiting to be rolled out for him. If he dares be himself.

PK just has the right mix of best fit at the best time. Being softie but exciting is great stooge material - the extreme opposite of MK or Munya.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »

PK just has the right mix of best fit at the best time. Being softie but exciting is great stooge material - the extreme opposite of MK or Munya.

So you even believe wjat tou write